Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Sternes said:

Unless you don't test them again.

giphy.gif

Lol, that’s absolutely GENIUS!!! Just like when my wife told me she was pregnant, I said, “ok honey, don’t take any more tests.” The baby came eventually, but it worked for awhile. 😂

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Our rule is you have to post your replacement on the message board by the time the Sunday morning games kick off 

Thanks Impreza, what is your reasoning behind that if you had to explain it to your league mates? I can see the argument that if you didn't have the replacement player system, they would have up until the Monday game to make their decision.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Outtanowhere said:

Thanks Impreza, what is your reasoning behind that if you had to explain it to your league mates? I can see the argument that if you didn't have the replacement player system, they would have up until the Monday game to make their decision.

It’s easy to implement and enforce.   Emergency player is on the board timestamped before any weekend action takes place.  That way-  even if a Sunday morning game has a bunch of Covid guys pop late and gets canceled- you’re covered.   Can still switch your primary player as normal.  

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

It’s easy to implement and enforce.   Emergency player is on the board timestamped before any weekend action takes place.  That way-  even if a Sunday morning game has a bunch of Covid guys pop late and gets canceled- you’re covered.   Can still switch your primary player as normal.  

Agree that it's easier to implement and enforce. To clarify though, are you saying

1) if a manager had Jeudy starting with John Brown declared as their replacement player before the Sunday morning games but then John Brown is declared out due to injury, they could swap their primary player to AJ Brown before that game started?

2) if a Sunday morning game was cancelled, would you allow managers to choose another replacement player from the afternoon games if the morning games had started?

Phew, complicated. Trying not to get nitpicky and know you can't cover every situation but want to be clear what the rules are before it becomes an issue.

The schedule changes already implemented due to the Pats Broncos game being postponed and the Bills Titans game being pushed back until Tues have been seismic. If there is another positive Covid test tomorrow or Tuesday for Titans the NFL schedule is even more screwed. Fingers crossed. 

I have to say that all of us who sat Josh Allen for Kirk Cousins would probably to tell you all to just roll the dice and don’t mess with Herbert.  I would have the rather got the 0 with Allen then this garbage from Cousins 

this is horrible to watch 

3 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Guys we aren't gonna know anything about Bills/Titans until about 7 AM tmrw...and then again at 7 AM tues if tmrw goes good. That's it.

1 hour ago, fantasymad said:

The schedule changes already implemented due to the Pats Broncos game being postponed and the Bills Titans game being pushed back until Tues have been seismic. If there is another positive Covid test tomorrow or Tuesday for Titans the NFL schedule is even more screwed. Fingers crossed. 

54 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

I think NFL pushes this Bills Titans game through. Convenient no positive tests next 2 days. Book it. :)

It would be so convenient if there were no positive tests for the next two mornings, and then of course we will find out Wednesday that somebody is positive. 
I say if the Titans have one more positive test, then they should forfeit. They already had their “bye”, were having illegal workouts when specifically instructed not to, and are screwing with the schedule for the rest of the league. 

5 minutes ago, ginocan said:

PCR? 

People China Republic? 

What is this test?

Polymerase Chain Reaction

Polymerase chain reaction is a method widely used to rapidly make millions to billions of copies of a specific DNA sample, allowing scientists to take a very small sample of DNA and amplify it to a large enough amount to study in detail.

So basically, a test for ants... using DINO-SAUR DEE-EN-AYYYYY

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, ginocan said:

PCR? 

People China Republic? 

What is this test?

The actual acronym is all technical, but basically it's the test that gives instant (~15 min) results, but is also somewhat unreliable.  Prone to false-negatives.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

The actual acronym is all technical, but basically it's the test that gives instant (~15 min) results, but is also somewhat unreliable.  Prone to false-negatives.

I believe those are Point of Care tests (the 15 minute ones)

3 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Yeah that is a big issue for us FF folks, that is not a real reliable test and prob not enough time to allow for proper retest either. Could be major headaches.