oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

4 minutes ago, yanksman said:

4 positives on a Thursday? I just don't see how that's possible.

I'm not sure how the new 5 day policy works, but I think if everyone tests negative going forward they'd be able to play another Tuesday game. I'm not really sure how it would work in theory. I'm skeptical these will be the only positives though so I'm pretty sure the game will be postponed. I guess this is now Atlanta's bye week.

Eta and Minnesota's bye week as well.

Edited by AnonymousRob

1 minute ago, ColoWrex said:

If true, how do you go from 4 positives to this? With this level of reporting I might have found myself a new career...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwoCan Sam said:

If true, how do you go from 4 positives to this? With this level of reporting I might have found myself a new career...

giphy-downsized.gif

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 3

Ridiculous. NFL should seriously try to make a bubble...somehow if even possible.. 

Guys, it's been explained in detail.

There was 1 positive test, that positive was confirmed, and the player moved to COVID-IR. Per league protocols, they were all given POC tests when they arrived this morning. 3 of those tests came back positive, however those immediate tests are known to be much less reliable. It's the same thing that happened to the Jets and Saints last week, and both ended up being false positives.

So now Atlanta has shut down their facilities while they run tests to determine the validity of those 3 new POC positives.

We all need to relax until more information comes out. This is all following protocol.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Michael Bluth said:

But if it’s just 1 case why did they shutdown the facilities?

That's what teams SHOULD be doing. Have the place scrubbed down and disinfect every corner.

• Like 2

Just now, SyNdicateZ said:

Ridiculous. NFL should seriously try to make a bubble...somehow if even possible.. 

Fight Island, but have it full of stadiums. Come on Bezos this would be worth it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Guys, it's been explained in detail.

There was 1 positive test, that positive was confirmed, and the player moved to COVID-IR. Per league protocols, they were all given POC tests when they arrived this morning. 3 of those tests came back positive, however those immediate tests are known to be much less reliable. It's the same thing that happened to the Jets and Saints last week, and both ended up being false positives.

So now Atlanta has shut down their facilities while they run tests to determine the validity of those 3 new POC positives.

We all need to relax until more information comes out. This is all following protocol.

Like a warm glass of milk 🥛 

thanks drew 

• Like 1

Could be nothing, but...

• Odell Beckham was sent home with an illness Thursday and the team is awaiting the results of his COVID-19 test. 

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski said Beckham has not yet tested positive for the virus. He was tested again Thursday and the results should be available tomorrow. Stefanski said the team would be cautious with Beckham as part of their commitment to follow the league's COVID-19 policies down to the letter. 

SOURCE: Cleveland.com
    Oct 15, 2020, 12:30 PM ET

•  
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Could be nothing, but...

• Odell Beckham was sent home with an illness Thursday and the team is awaiting the results of his COVID-19 test. 

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski said Beckham has not yet tested positive for the virus. He was tested again Thursday and the results should be available tomorrow. Stefanski said the team would be cautious with Beckham as part of their commitment to follow the league's COVID-19 policies down to the letter. 

SOURCE: Cleveland.com
    Oct 15, 2020, 12:30 PM ET

•  

Test results tomorrow? They using a carrier pigeon?

Per Field Yates:

Statement via the Colts: several members of the organization have tested positive for COVID-19 and accordingly the team's practice facility has been shut down while those tests are confirmed.

• Like 1

Statement From The Indianapolis Colts: Oct. 16

This morning, we were informed that several individuals within our organization have tested posted for COVID-19. The team is currently in the process of confirming those tests. In the meantime, the practice facility will be closed and the team will work remotely while following NFL protocols.

Oct 16, 2020 at 07:07 AM

colts-logo-pr

Colts Communications

This is getting ridiculous. With injuries and byes, I'm royally screwed if this game is canceled. I'll be down to McKinnon and Dobbins for my RB's SMH

Beckham just played the colts who have positive tests and now he’s sick, fantastic. 

Just now, devilfish said:

Colts game wont happen this week I guess

Too soon to tell. Could get pushed to Tuesday. Hopefully there are no more positive tests.