oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It makes the most sense. If they hold out until Saturday it makes no sense to play on Sunday because going into a game with zero practice is insane. However, if on Saturday they are cleared (let's say Saturday morning) they get 3 days to prepare for the game so basically same thing as TNF. Then they don't have to mess with the entire schedule either.

Hold out until Saturday, practice Sunday and make Monday a double header.

12 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

They will. yes. 

You still need to win the week without key players. Do not believe the stats will be applied retroactively when they get around to playing the steelers/titans game. More concerned with how the fantasy sites play this than the league.

• Like 1

Although what WOULD be interesting are fantasy platforms we play on - Yahoo/ESPN etc.  Is the back-end programmed to allow a week to not end, end of day on Monday & aggregate standings, if a game is played on Tuesday?

Oh boy....

spacer.png

• Like 1

I hope fantasy websites can handle a tuesday game, if thats what happens.  My experience with IT suggest they may not.  Lot of stuff is automated in the code, like updating records on Monday night.

13 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean if the game gets cancelled are they putting the entire roster on the covid list? 

Important to see how the sites react...

1 minute ago, kp96 said:

I hope fantasy websites can handle a tuesday game, if thats what happens.  My experience with IT suggest they may not.  Lot of stuff is automated in the code, like updating records on Monday night.

HA HA HA HA!  See my post directly above yours - you're spot on correct!  Software developers would be scrambling.

It seems to me if no one else tests positive today, they could practice tomorrow and the infected stay home. Not sure if that’s their protocol but I think it would be a huge overreaction to postpone the games beyond a couple of days if no one else tests positive. I gotta think thehave contingency plans for this (moving games to Monday or Tuesday).

There will not be a Tuesday game.  More likely they would swap opponents and bye weeks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Although what WOULD be interesting are fantasy platforms we play on - Yahoo/ESPN etc.  Is the back-end programmed to allow a week to not end, end of day on Monday & aggregate standings, if a game is played on Tuesday?

Oh boy....

spacer.png

The NFL and fantasy sites knew this was a very real possibility. Failure to have a plan for this is unacceptable. Both NFL, Yahoo and ESPN. Affects my waiver claims as well urgh..

Edited by mar1kle

4 minutes ago, Butters said:

It seems to me if no one else tests positive today, they could practice tomorrow and the infected stay home. Not sure if that’s their protocol but I think it would be a huge overreaction to postpone the games beyond a couple of days if no one else tests positive. I gotta think thehave contingency plans for this (moving games to Monday or Tuesday).

Titans facility closed until Saturday.  So...

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There will not be a Tuesday game.  More likely they would swap opponents and bye weeks.

Maybe. It depends on how difficult each option would be to pull off. But I think if no more people test positive, they will play this week and not mess with bye weeks. But that’s total speculation on my part. Just hard to see them do that over 3 players.

2 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

HA HA HA HA!  See my post directly above yours - you're spot on correct!  Software developers would be scrambling.

Developers don't drive the customer...other way around. NFL wont adjust to allign with development issues of fantasy sites. 

My guess is TEN/PIT will be postponed and bye weeks shuffled. MIN/HOU will play.

6 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Yeah but who has the scheduled televised rights on Tuesday? Wouldnt they have to purchase that if they want to air the game?

NFL Network would pounce on the opportunity to air an exclusive live Tuesday night game

4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Yes.  Much more convenient than Tuesday game, which would also negatively effect practice week for the following week.

9 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I think I was writing my post when you posted yours.  Funny that we had the same thought.

9 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

The NFL and fantasy sites knew this was a very real possibility. Failure to have a plan for this is unacceptable. Both NFL, Yahoo and ESPN. Affects my waiver claims as well urgh..

Guarantee they did not build for this. It's an outlier and fantasy sites did not know the NFL would consider playing games on a Tuesday (if this is even true). 

This coming from a manager of an app dev team. It's hard to plan for the unknown, especially when your "customer" doesn't know what they want (the NFL being the customer in this example). They never released any sort of contingency plan, so it would be impossible for fantasy sites to proactively code anything. 

Edited by oliminator123

6 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

My guess is TEN/PIT will be postponed and bye weeks shuffled. MIN/HOU will play.

Apparently all the vikings tested negative from their Monday tests.  If they test negative again with their Wednesday results, I fail to see how they need to cancel their game.

• Like 1

Easy, just give titans and Vikings a bye and let the Steelers play the Texans week 4! Oh wait.. 

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Guarantee they did not build for this. It's an outlier and fantasy sites did not know the NFL would consider playing games on a Tuesday (if this is even true). 

This coming from a manager of an app dev team. It's hard to plan for the unknown, especially when your "customer" doesn't know what they want (the NFL being the customer in this example). They never released any sort of contingency plan, so it would be impossible for fantasy sites to proactively code anything. 

Agree completely.  I'm in IT as well and I can only imagine the meeting that will happen if they are told the game is on Tuesday.  Developers freaking out, QA staff saying they can't test in time, business people saying it will ruin the season if they dont do something....absolute chaos.

While a lot of stuff is automated devs should be able to figure it out by Tuesday. There's probably multiple ways to solve the issue as well depending on how each site coded their apps. I don't see it being too big of an issue.

You could swap the byes and the Steelers v. Ravens.

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

We do not know what was communicated within the NFL eco system..Unless you work for Yahoo fantasy development. If so there is a list of improvement idea's I have for you.

• Haha 1