oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

 

It makes the most sense. If they hold out until Saturday it makes no sense to play on Sunday because going into a game with zero practice is insane. However, if on Saturday they are cleared (let's say Saturday morning) they get 3 days to prepare for the game so basically same thing as TNF. Then they don't have to mess with the entire schedule either.

Hold out until Saturday, practice Sunday and make Monday a double header.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

They will. yes. 

You still need to win the week without key players. Do not believe the stats will be applied retroactively when they get around to playing the steelers/titans game. More concerned with how the fantasy sites play this than the league.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although what WOULD be interesting are fantasy platforms we play on - Yahoo/ESPN etc.  Is the back-end programmed to allow a week to not end, end of day on Monday & aggregate standings, if a game is played on Tuesday?

Oh boy....

spacer.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope fantasy websites can handle a tuesday game, if thats what happens.  My experience with IT suggest they may not.  Lot of stuff is automated in the code, like updating records on Monday night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

 

I mean if the game gets cancelled are they putting the entire roster on the covid list? 

Important to see how the sites react...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kp96 said:

I hope fantasy websites can handle a tuesday game, if thats what happens.  My experience with IT suggest they may not.  Lot of stuff is automated in the code, like updating records on Monday night.

 

HA HA HA HA!  See my post directly above yours - you're spot on correct!  Software developers would be scrambling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to me if no one else tests positive today, they could practice tomorrow and the infected stay home. Not sure if that’s their protocol but I think it would be a huge overreaction to postpone the games beyond a couple of days if no one else tests positive. I gotta think thehave contingency plans for this (moving games to Monday or Tuesday).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will not be a Tuesday game.  More likely they would swap opponents and bye weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Although what WOULD be interesting are fantasy platforms we play on - Yahoo/ESPN etc.  Is the back-end programmed to allow a week to not end, end of day on Monday & aggregate standings, if a game is played on Tuesday?

Oh boy....

spacer.png

The NFL and fantasy sites knew this was a very real possibility. Failure to have a plan for this is unacceptable. Both NFL, Yahoo and ESPN. Affects my waiver claims as well urgh..

Edited by mar1kle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Butters said:

It seems to me if no one else tests positive today, they could practice tomorrow and the infected stay home. Not sure if that’s their protocol but I think it would be a huge overreaction to postpone the games beyond a couple of days if no one else tests positive. I gotta think thehave contingency plans for this (moving games to Monday or Tuesday).

Titans facility closed until Saturday.  So...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There will not be a Tuesday game.  More likely they would swap opponents and bye weeks.

Maybe. It depends on how difficult each option would be to pull off. But I think if no more people test positive, they will play this week and not mess with bye weeks. But that’s total speculation on my part. Just hard to see them do that over 3 players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

 

HA HA HA HA!  See my post directly above yours - you're spot on correct!  Software developers would be scrambling.

Developers don't drive the customer...other way around. NFL wont adjust to allign with development issues of fantasy sites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is TEN/PIT will be postponed and bye weeks shuffled. MIN/HOU will play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Yeah but who has the scheduled televised rights on Tuesday? Wouldnt they have to purchase that if they want to air the game?


NFL Network would pounce on the opportunity to air an exclusive live Tuesday night game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There will not be a Tuesday game.  More likely they would swap opponents and bye weeks.

Yes.  Much more convenient than Tuesday game, which would also negatively effect practice week for the following week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

 

HA HA HA HA!  See my post directly above yours - you're spot on correct!  Software developers would be scrambling.

 

I think I was writing my post when you posted yours.  Funny that we had the same thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

The NFL and fantasy sites knew this was a very real possibility. Failure to have a plan for this is unacceptable. Both NFL, Yahoo and ESPN. Affects my waiver claims as well urgh..

Guarantee they did not build for this. It's an outlier and fantasy sites did not know the NFL would consider playing games on a Tuesday (if this is even true). 

This coming from a manager of an app dev team. It's hard to plan for the unknown, especially when your "customer" doesn't know what they want (the NFL being the customer in this example). They never released any sort of contingency plan, so it would be impossible for fantasy sites to proactively code anything. 

Edited by oliminator123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

My guess is TEN/PIT will be postponed and bye weeks shuffled. MIN/HOU will play.

 

Apparently all the vikings tested negative from their Monday tests.  If they test negative again with their Wednesday results, I fail to see how they need to cancel their game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy, just give titans and Vikings a bye and let the Steelers play the Texans week 4! Oh wait.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Guarantee they did not build for this. It's an outlier and fantasy sites did not know the NFL would consider playing games on a Tuesday (if this is even true). 

This coming from a manager of an app dev team. It's hard to plan for the unknown, especially when your "customer" doesn't know what they want (the NFL being the customer in this example). They never released any sort of contingency plan, so it would be impossible for fantasy sites to proactively code anything. 

 

Agree completely.  I'm in IT as well and I can only imagine the meeting that will happen if they are told the game is on Tuesday.  Developers freaking out, QA staff saying they can't test in time, business people saying it will ruin the season if they dont do something....absolute chaos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While a lot of stuff is automated devs should be able to figure it out by Tuesday. There's probably multiple ways to solve the issue as well depending on how each site coded their apps. I don't see it being too big of an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could swap the byes and the Steelers v. Ravens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Guarantee they did not build for this. It's an outlier and fantasy sites did not know the NFL would consider playing games on a Tuesday (if this is even true). 

This coming from a manager of an app dev team. It's hard to plan for the unknown, especially when your "customer" doesn't know what they want (the NFL being the customer in this example). They never released any sort of contingency plan, so it would be impossible for fantasy sites to proactively code anything. 

We do not know what was communicated within the NFL eco system..Unless you work for Yahoo fantasy development. If so there is a list of improvement idea's I have for you.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.