oliminator123

COVID - League Plans?

tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Message added by tonycpsu

Somehow my kickers keep getting put on the COVID list. Guess it could be worse.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

So, Bucs-Raiders... unlikely to happen?

I'm not quite understanding the move to the afternoon.  I guess so for sure there is a Sunday night game.  And then they can decide what to do with this game, whether move it to Monday, Tuesday, etc.

I guess this is what is called competitive disadvantage.  If you're on the Covid list now, there's no way those players will clear before Sunday, right?  So the practice squad line up is going to have to try to defend Carr from TB D?  Yikes.  

Just now, CooL said:

I'm not quite understanding the move to the afternoon.  I guess so for sure there is a Sunday night game.  And then they can decide what to do with this game, whether move it to Monday, Tuesday, etc.

I guess this is what is called competitive disadvantage.  If you're on the Covid list now, there's no way those players will clear before Sunday, right?  So the practice squad line up is going to have to try to defend Carr from TB D?  Yikes.  

I think only one of the O-linemen actually tested positive. The rest of them are on the list because of close contact.

So if all of the other O-lineman can turn in positive tests up to and including Sunday morning then they're cleared to play.

Just now, CooL said:

Moving them out of prime-time so if it is canceled or postponed that NBC would still get their prime-time game. They'll probably just televise another game in that 4:05p spot. I doubt the Bucs would be playing Sunday the way the LV situation is looking. However, with Raiders already having their bye I can see the NFL trying to squeeze that game in this week even if it is on Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

I have the Tampa D. This thought excites me. 

5 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

I think only one of the O-linemen actually tested positive. The rest of them are on the list because of close contact.

So if all of the other O-lineman can turn in positive tests up to and including Sunday morning then they're cleared to play.

*negative

So if the Raiders turn in a positive on Sunday on the OL, the entire OL does not play?

If that happens, does TB D all of a sudden become the top defense to play in week 7?

1 hour ago, kp96 said:

So if the Raiders turn in a positive on Sunday on the OL, the entire OL does not play?

If that happens, does TB D all of a sudden become the top defense to play in week 7?

I think they would try and push it to Tuesday.   But honestly no idea 

• Like 1

That Tampa-Oakland game hasn't gotten much attention all things considered. Not only did several Raiders get put on the COVID list but they obviously were concerned enough to move the game. 

Tough to say what happens if a player tests positive Sunday morning. Total speculation bon my part but I almost get the feeling they get tests results Saturday and sorta quietly move forward til Monday/Tuesday because I don't believe we've had a positive test come up on a Sunday?

1 hour ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

At most they delay the games that would be impacted. These games are going to get played regardless

It really depends on how well it's kept contained to those 8 players.

2 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

It really depends on how well it's kept contained to those 8 players.

We've seen this story before. Multiple positives, push back game, no more positive tests come out, game gets played on Monday or Tuesday 

Rinse, wash, repeat

• Like 1

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported a Chargers player tested positive for COVID-19, and he and all close contacts were told to stay home and isolate, per sources informed of the situation.

The team confirmed the positive test.

"Late last night, we received notice a Chargers player tested positive for COVID-19," the Chargers said in a statement. "The player was immediately notified, began self-quarantine and the contact tracing process was initiated. The player's close contacts have been identified. They will remain home today and participate in meetings remotely.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:54 PM, Silent-Trader said:

Panthers release CB Josh Hawkins after he was seen dancing in public without a mask.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panthers-release-cb-josh-hawkins-after-he-was-seen-dancing-in-public-without-a-mask-231838425.html

Messed up.  Made an example of a practice player.  If it were CMC caught doing it, you think they release him?  Feel bad for that practice player.  Sure he shouldn't have been doing that but we all know he only got cut bc he's a practice player.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Messed up.  Made an example of a practice player.  If it were CMC caught doing it, you think they release him?  Feel bad for that practice player.  Sure he shouldn't have been doing that but we all know he only got cut bc he's a practice player.

I mean, if you're already on the roster bubble, don't be a dumbass? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I mean, if you're already on the roster bubble, don't be a dumbass? 

Oh I don't disagree with that, but it just reeks of "Let's show our players we mean business about following Covid protocol when you're off campus.  We don't need this guy, let's use him as an example."

3 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Oh I don't disagree with that, but it just reeks of "Let's show our players we mean business about following Covid protocol when you're off campus.  We don't need this guy, let's use him as an example."

Isn't that the whole point?  If you're fighting for your spot in the league, then follow the rules and guidelines and don't be a dumba$$.  Just like for the rest of us in real life.  You start a new job, you show up on time, you dress well, you say thank you and please, you ask how high your boss wants you to jump, etc.   And you also maybe learn some good dance moves just in case the need arises at a work happy hour.

So a few positive tests today and facilities shutting down.  I'm convinced after the MLB Justin Turner debacle that it's just all being swept under the rug in order to get the games in...

Edited by CooL
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kp96 said:

He’s a practice player... his job is to help prepare the team for Sundays.

Literally the absolute WORST thing he can do is put the entire locker organization at risk by engaging in behavior that could lead to a COVID outbreak within the locker room.

He failed miserably at his job. He deserved to be shown the door. No one should feel bad for him one bit.

If it was CMC, Bridgewater, etc. (a moot point, because it wasn’t)... no, they wouldn’t be cut. But those players’ job descriptions don’t begin and end with preparing the team... their job is to perform.  

It’s a double standard, as it should be.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo/grammar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Isn't that the whole point?  If you're fighting for your spot in the league, then follow the rules and guidelines and don't be a dumba$$.  Just like for the rest of us in real life.  You start a new job, you show up on time, you dress well, you say thank you and please, you ask how high your boss wants you to jump, etc.   And you also maybe learn some good dance moves just in case the need arises at a work happy hour.

So a few positive tests today and facilities shutting down.  I'm convinced after the MLB Justin Turner debacle that it's just all being swept under the rug in order to get the games in...

Like I said, I don't disagree that the player bears a lot of fault here.  I just wonder if the Panthers management figured "hey, this is an opportunity to lay down the law on the organization" and made him the sacrificial lamb.  As I said, this doesn't happen to CMC.