Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

I mean, it's a little late now isn't it, Yahoo? 🤦‍♂️

Commissioners: We have added a new league setting to enable the COVID-19 status (eligible for the IR slot) on players impacted by any future game postponements. You can enable it in your league settings - "Apply injured status for postponed games."

• Haha 3

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/18/at-least-eight-starters-for-raiders-will-land-on-reserve-covid-19-list-ahead-of-week-11/

Like the Chiefs offense needed any help.

Note: According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the team will put several defenders on the list as early as today. However, all could be cleared and eligible to play by Sunday when the team takes on the Kansas City Chiefs in primetime.

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean, it's a little late now isn't it, Yahoo? 🤦‍♂️

Commissioners: We have added a new league setting to enable the COVID-19 status (eligible for the IR slot) on players impacted by any future game postponements. You can enable it in your league settings - "Apply injured status for postponed games."

At this point it seems like the NFL will only postpone games if let's say 7+ players test positive on the same team.

The league policy is a joke.

Sunday morning: NO positive tests

Monday: Thielen, Trent Williams, Mark Ingram, and JK Dobbins positive.

So I guess we are to assume they were all asymptomatic Sunday?  They fall into the category of "asymptomatic but still infectious and incubating"?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30375723/masks-now-required-players-sideline-part-new-nfl-covid-19-protocols

I thought they said this was required a while ago, but I guess they'll try to enforce.  Good luck.  There are so many players not wearing masks on the sidelines.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, CooL said:

The league policy is a joke.

Sunday morning: NO positive tests

Monday: Thielen, Trent Williams, Mark Ingram, and JK Dobbins positive.

So I guess we are to assume they were all asymptomatic Sunday?  They fall into the category of "asymptomatic but still infectious and incubating"?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30375723/masks-now-required-players-sideline-part-new-nfl-covid-19-protocols

I thought they said this was required a while ago, but I guess they'll try to enforce.  Good luck.  There are so many players not wearing masks on the sidelines.

Agree here but we don’t know for sure if Thielen tested positive yet.

15 minutes ago, Deke said:

that actually kind of sucks

Advantage for these two teams that they get more rest than other teams who are screwed to play TNF...but it is what it is. Ravens seem to not care for protocols do they? Or Titans? I mean this thing is impossible to contain anyways. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Curious what the criteria was here to move the game.

A couple of weeks ago SF basically had to field a practice squad team, but the game wasn't moved. I'd be pissed if I were K. Shanahan.

They make this **** up as they go along. However I think SF had one positive and a bunch of close contacts but Baltimore has 7 players positive. One was precautionary vs a full outbreak.

52 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Does this mean dobbins has a chance to play?

As far as we know Dobbins has Covid. He has tested positive.

If he is asymptomatic, he is out a minimum of 10 days. If he has symptoms, he is out 14 days at least.

If he was just a close contact, a few days of negative tests would lead him eligible to play.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

As far as we know Dobbins has Covid. He has tested positive.

If he is asymptomatic, he is out a minimum of 10 days. If he has symptoms, he is out 14 days at least.

If he was just a close contact, a few days of negative tests would lead him eligible to play.

Not exactly true...  Given that the game was moved to Sunday, theoretically either he or Ingram might have a chance to be cleared based on these guidelines below.

Following a positive test, if the player is asymptomatic, he can return once:

• 10 days have passed since the initial positive test; OR
  • Five days have passed since the initial positive test and the player receives two consecutive negative PCR virus tests at least 24 hours apart within that five-day period

Following a positive test, if the player demonstrates symptoms, he can return when:

• At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; AND
  • At least 72 hours have passed since he last experienced symptoms

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-postpones-ravens-steelers-thanksgiving-matchup-to-sunday-afternoon-due-to-covid-19-concerns/

FL postpones Ravens-Steelers Thanksgiving matchup to Sunday afternoon due to COVID-19 concerns

The NFL announced on Wednesday that they would be adjusting its Thanksgiving triple-header to a double-header due to a COVID-19 outbreak. In a statement, the NFL said that the Baltimore Ravens' matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers scheduled for Thursday night will be moved to Sunday. This decision was made out of an abundance of caution to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game-day personnel and in consultation with medical experts. The game will be played at 1:15 p.m. ET and it will remain on NBC and broadcast nationally.

More positive tests with the Ravens, Falcons and Browns.

If the Ravens continue down this path (4th day in a row with a positive test) you have to wonder if this game is going to get postponed even further, and possibly to another week altogether.

If that happens, you have to imagine the potential chaos it’ll cause as there are quite a few fantasy-relevant players on both teams.

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic