Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

18 hours ago, fantasymad said:

Move this game to Tuesday and Ravens Cowboys to Sunday next week. Problem solved.

The NFL did what I thought they would. But moving the Ravens/Cowboys game to Monday to get the reigning MVP back on the field was a surprise. 

The team that broke the rules gets an extra day rest. I am not a Steelers fan but they are getting screwed multiple times this year in my opinion.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

Whoa whoa whoa. So your saying theres a chance we will be able to enjoy our glorious game of fantasy rumble fumble not only on Sunday Night and Monday Night but Tuesday Night too??  Plus Thursday Night!!!   Boys and Girls that’s 4 Days a week of Football.  😢😢😢 Dreams do come true. Taking over slowly but Surely  😅

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Sorry but what am I missing that’s making him useless on Tues?

Horrible matchup vs the steelers and now the cowboys game next week will be pushed back to Sunday greatly increasing the chances dobbins (and Ingram I guess) are ready to play making Gus a pretty meh play. It was very unlikely that Dobbins would have been able to play by next Thursday

2 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Whoa whoa whoa. So your saying theres a chance we will be able to enjoy our glorious game of fantasy rumble fumble not only on Sunday Night and Monday Night but Tuesday Night too??  Plus Thursday Night!!!   Boys and Girls that’s 4 Days a week of Football.  😢😢😢 Dreams do come true. Taking over slowly but Surely  😅

No Thursday night next week. Cowboys/Ravens moved to a now double-header MNF. 

17 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

So they are shutting down facilities early next week because of the fear of players spending their Thanksgiving with "out-of-twon guests" and the rising spike in cases, but yet they are all playing on Sunday...seems a little counterproductive to me...

Makes perfect sense to me.  Everybody is going to test negative on Sunday. Then because players aren't going to be in house on Monday or Tuesday, we won't get any positive test results until Wednesday.  Looks better for the NFL than "No positive tests Sunday.  8 gajillion tests positive on Monday" narrative that we've been getting the last several weeks.

As pessimistic as I am on the NFL testing protocol and policies, I want football games just like everyone else because I want to watch.  Just sad that the NFL puts dollars before health of players.  Meaning if they were to truly do it how the medical professionals recommend, a positive test means you're sent home for a minimum of 10 days and everyone else who had unmasked exposure should be as well to.  Which would be a lot of money.  But these players are getting paid a ton of money to play.  And they could have opted out of the season if they were concerned for their health.  Same goes for all the other workers connected with the teams, although obviously harder to do if you're just regular Joe punching a time clock washing the uniforms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, fantasymad said:

The NFL did what I thought they would. But moving the Ravens/Cowboys game to Monday to get the reigning MVP back on the field was a surprise. 

The team that broke the rules gets an extra day rest. I am not a Steelers fan but they are getting screwed multiple times this year in my opinion.

Still undefeated, tho

3 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

So they are shutting down facilities early next week because of the fear of players spending their Thanksgiving with "out-of-twon guests" and the rising spike in cases, but yet they are all playing on Sunday...seems a little counterproductive to me...

This. Is. Not. Good. 

Ugh 🤦🏼‍♂️

13 hours ago, fantasymad said:

Considering their QB should have been in jail 10 years ago, most aren’t shedding tears for PIT.

15 hours ago, Deke said:

Are we benching our Ravens and Steelers this week? How confident are we that it's actually played on Tues?

I am. If there are any positive tests Sunday or Monday, they likely won’t play. I don’t think the league will impose a forfeit but they can move the game to week 18. Can’t take a chance getting zeros for guys in this game. 

20 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I'm struggling to envision how this game gets played Tuesday.

This moment is the first time I've truly believed the season has to have some kind of major disruption rather than just some **** moving around.   I'm not even talking just the one game being axed.  I now feel like this just can't be isolated and they just have to pause.   

Also, nice avi

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I'm struggling to envision how this game gets played Tuesday.

wow. if any additional players are positive on either team the game needs to be moved again or something.... no way its played Tuesday

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Well, my league is past the point of no return, meaning that if the season is cancelled, we just pay out according to standings.  Which would not be good for me.

I don't see how the entire season is cancelled.  Football can be played in inclement weather.  If they need to pause for a week or two or three, that seems like a viable option.  Tell all the players that if they want to continue the season, they need to all stay quarantined and stay inside.  Yet you know that won't happen.  If anything, a professional football player making more money than practically anyone in the US should have the most resources to be able to weather this pandemic.  Order your groceries to be delivered, have meals delivered, etc.  The teams and NFL should support their other staff with the same.  

I know it will never happen, but that seems to be the obvious way to protect yourself and others and save this season.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, yanksman said:

They'll get week 12 in. Wouldn't shock me if they pause week 13.

I hate to say it, but week 14 will be even worse once numbers start to reflect Thanksgiving Day/Weekend plus BF shopping plus worsening weather plus states that are skyrocketing in cases plus COVID fatigue.

Edited by nonstopfan
5 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Anyone else think its funny NFL moved Cowboys Ravens next week to Monday instead of Sunday in order to complete the 10 day quarantine for Ravens players specifically the reigning NFL MVP. Hmmmmmm......

What, you’d rather watch RG3? 

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic