Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Just now, Corey In Da House said:

Lets just ignore the proven fact that Lamar got it IN GAME as well. Smart.

Proven fact? What? Love to know how that was proven.

Anyway, I don’t see the NFL “pausing” for a week, or two, or any. And they shouldn’t.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

No QBs for Denver might be a slight improvement. 😆 RBs Gordon and Lindsay running Wildcat offense and who knows what else. Sandlot football means could be fun to watch and more FF points for both RBs! Other than that, this C-19 situation sucks!

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

They test every day, the center got it first and then he got it after. Follow along.

Um, yeah. That’s not proof. Pure speculation. And it won’t make the NFL pause the season. It would take a lot more than that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The NFL will keep playing games, and keep cashing checks, as long as the clubs have enough players to field a team.

Well, not Baltimore.  They will delay the Ravens games for as long as possible to help 'em out.

• Like 2

Does anyone know when the deadline for the games to be cancelled are? The Saints/Broncos game is at 4:05pm EST and waivers in my league clear at 12pm (only FAAB no free for all). I have Hill as my QB and Lutz as my K with no backups currently on the roster, so wondering if there's a possibility that game gets cancelled shortly before kickoff. Would rather not waste a roster spot on another QB or K if I don't need to.

6 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Does anyone know when the deadline for the games to be cancelled are? The Saints/Broncos game is at 4:05pm EST and waivers in my league clear at 12pm (only FAAB no free for all). I have Hill as my QB and Lutz as my K with no backups currently on the roster, so wondering if there's a possibility that game gets cancelled shortly before kickoff. Would rather not waste a roster spot on another QB or K if I don't need to.

There are no rules. Everything is made up as they go. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The NFL will keep playing games, and keep cashing checks, as long as the clubs have enough players to field a team.

Well, not Baltimore.  They will delay the Ravens games for as long as possible to help 'em out.

I don't see any situation in which the Raven's don't get destroyed, unless the game is postponed.  Many Raven's defensive/offensive starting players aren't playing

1 minute ago, mjb said:

I don't see any situation in which the Raven's don't get destroyed, unless the game is postponed.  Many Raven's defensive/offensive starting players aren't playing

Yeah Roger tried HARD.

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

They have twenty on the covid list (and something like 10-15 actual positive cases) - they literally may not be able to field a full gameday roster.

The Broncos case is very different (only one positive case). Sucks that it's all QBs but so far there's no evidence that there's spread.

6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It has more to do with the NFL wanting Mahomes vs Jackson to be the next thing. It’s kind of obvious...

Besides money for the NFL...

What is the difference between the Saints being penalized for celebrating in the locker room (with supposedly healthy, negative-tested teammates) and the NFL making this Ravens/Steelers game happen given both teams have a bunch of positive results?

29 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

It's all about the benjamin's baby. All of these protocols are for show and to pretend they care. Show me the money!!!!!!

The Ravens outbreak is uncontrolled right now. I agree its negligent to play this game.

On the money ! 

38 minutes ago, Steve226 said:

Besides money for the NFL...

What is the difference between the Saints being penalized for celebrating in the locker room (with supposedly healthy, negative-tested teammates) and the NFL making this Ravens/Steelers game happen given both teams have a bunch of positive results?

Public relations.... look we penalized a team for not wearing masks... we tried.

6 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

Is the Bal game still happening?

Yes, but Baltimore is being hit hard by the virus, missing MANY starters. Got to think at this point, it will be played, but I’m still torn on playing these players.

• Thanks 1