Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?


Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, supac720 said:

The fans should refuse to accept a watered down product. The Broncos only completing 1 pass in an NFL game is an utter embarrassment. But the bigwigs don't care.

Fans? Broncos have them. Why is everybody upset ? Broncos were going to get beat even with Lock 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I am kind of surprised the NFL hasn’t postponed the Tuesday game yet. Congrats to those that have Diontae Johnson, JUJU, and claypool. Rolling the dice and may actually pan out. 
 

if it were me, I would have played safe and put someone else in. 

No far from over. Dr Chao says positives on Monday will get it postponed to week 18.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they are desperately trying to not cancel/postpone games, because once they do it'll be kind of a domino effect and much easier to postpone more games as we go along, which could get messy later in the season. If I had to place a bet I would say this game still gets played Tuesday night unless positive tests keep coming out today and tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I think they are desperately trying to not cancel/postpone games, because once they do it'll be kind of a domino effect and much easier to postpone more games as we go along, which could get messy later in the season. If I had to place a bet I would say this game still gets played Tuesday night unless positive tests keep coming out today and tomorrow

I mean, if ever there was a time lol. How many cases is Baltimore up to now? North of 20? It’s just stupid and extremely careless at this point to go forward with this game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to put fantasy aside here. What a load of BS. The Ravens have not practiced once and are missing like a 3rd of their team...?

I understand division rivals know each other, but why risk it at this point? Either postpone the game or give the Steelers a win already.

Put a stop to it now. If the game gets played and then there’s even more of a Covid breakout with the Steelers and Ravens, then we’re looking at teams not playing at full strength down the stretch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I mean, if ever there was a time lol. How many cases is Baltimore up to now? North of 20? It’s just stupid and extremely careless at this point to go forward with this game. 

I would say otherwise. They didnt follow policy, this is the big business reminding them who is in charge knowing this could be an easy W for PIT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tpat30 said:

I’m going to put fantasy aside here. What a load of BS. The Ravens have not practiced once and are missing like a 3rd of their team...?

I understand division rivals know each other, but why risk it at this point? Either postpone the game or give the Steelers a win already.

Put a stop to it now. If the game gets played and then there’s even more of a Covid breakout with the Steelers and Ravens, then we’re looking at teams not playing at full strength down the stretch.

Heres what people are not understanding, the NFL is a business, and business first. Morals, ethics out the window. They want the ratings of a divisional rival game to be played, not handing a win to a team who is already undefeated. They just played the DEN game knowing what the result would be, this is them telling teams we are the boss and follow guidelines or they have the right to treat the players as such given the contracts they sign. Its black and white business, but morally its not a right thing to do

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I would say otherwise. They didnt follow policy, this is the big business reminding them who is in charge knowing this could be an easy W for PIT. 

 

If this is big business reminding them who is in charge, then cancel the game and call it a forfeiture. Don't make them actually play and risk this thing spreading even more. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Heres what people are not understanding, the NFL is a business, and business first. Morals, ethics out the window. They want the ratings of a divisional rival game to be played, not handing a win to a team who is already undefeated. They just played the DEN game knowing what the result would be, this is them telling teams we are the boss and follow guidelines or they have the right to treat the players as such given the contracts they sign. Its black and white business, but morally its not a right thing to do

 

To me, it's not even what moral or ethical. Yes, there's that, but big business, as you called it, needs to be smart. Big business needs to realize that playing this game could put other games in jeopardy if there is a breakout going on in Baltimore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I would say otherwise. They didnt follow policy, this is the big business reminding them who is in charge knowing this could be an easy W for PIT. 

Ugh, yeah okay. Let’s risk infecting even more players and further complicating things for the coming weeks to show everyone that we wear the pants. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

 

If this is big business reminding them who is in charge, then cancel the game and call it a forfeiture. Don't make them actually play and risk this thing spreading even more. 

Heres my issue with that. The NFL doesnt care about COVID, they just want to show the public that they are making the effort to contain it. Its all for show, but the main goal is to get the highest ratings and revenue for the season and that wont happen if they start rearranging games. I also think the NBA coming up and college basketball has something to do with this. Everyone wont be tuning in to a week 16 division rival game when its basketball season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...