Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

16 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

You have to be really desperate to start any players from this game. 

Not worth the gamble. I'm starting a Monday night player, so I don't have to give a s*** what happens now.

Cheers.

It might not be out of desperation but more out of necessity. For example, I'm down by 2.5 points and I only have the Pittsburgh defense remaining. I also have the Indianapolis defense who I benched, and they got -3 points. 

My other option might be dropping someone for Philadelphia's defense, but are they even a lock to get 3 points against Seattle? Plus, if I play them and they dont get 3 points, and Pittsburgh plays and they have a good game, I just screwed myself. Additionally, I dont even know if you can drop someone on your bench who has already played. Probably depends on your league. 

Countless scenarios where people with Pittsburgh or Baltimore pieces are getting screwed in fantasy. Sure, it was a risk to assume the game would be played. But nobody knew this would unfold in such a way. It's literally been postponed three times. Obviously nobody would bank on it being played if they knew it was this bad. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Tenner said:

My commissioner has a tough decision to make. In our league we are allowed to make “Covid Hypotheticals”. Meaning via text we can say “if player B ends up not playing due to Covid related reasons then I would have played player A”. 

Well I specifically drafted my Covid Hypothetical very carefully. I said I would start Benny Snell if he ends up playing on Tuesday. If the game is postponed to any other day then I would start Drake. 

My thinking was was that I like Benny Snell vs the Ravens on Tuesday with not much preparation time by the Ravens. But if Covid causes any delay then I would want Drake. 

ours has the same, and I have the Drake/Juju conundrum in flex, I am hoping the game is cancelled.  I win with Drake, but need 16.6 out of Juju

Edited by Golden Spikes
7 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

So, basically, now our week 12 league results will not be final until Thursday morning? How are these sites going to run waivers if the league week is still going and rosters are locked?

I'm guessing waivers would just go through Friday morning? Would still give you time to make moves for the upcoming week 13.

1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm guessing waivers would just go through Friday morning? Would still give you time to make moves for the upcoming week 13.

Yeah, I guess it helps that there's no Thursday game now. Sucks that the week is getting dragged into Wednesday. I implemented the covid replacement hypothetical plan in our league so we're going to have some guys sweating this out until Wednesday.  I wonder if there will be any players originally expected to be out, that can now get cleared in time to play on Wednesday. That will really suck for people who benched guys or are starting a backup like Snell or Gus if Conner/Dobbins/Ingram got cleared.

3 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Yeah, I guess it helps that there's no Thursday game now. Sucks that the week is getting dragged into Wednesday. I implemented the covid replacement hypothetical plan in our league so we're going to have some guys sweating this out until Wednesday.  I wonder if there will be any players originally expected to be out, that can now get cleared in time to play on Wednesday. That will really suck for people who benched guys or are starting a backup like Snell or Gus if Conner/Dobbins/Ingram got cleared.

League desperately working to get Lamar into this game.  Word is they are just repeatedly testing him until they land on a false negative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
24 minutes ago, Tenner said:

My commissioner has a tough decision to make. In our league we are allowed to make “Covid Hypotheticals”. Meaning via text we can say “if player B ends up not playing due to Covid related reasons then I would have played player A”. 

Well I specifically drafted my Covid Hypothetical very carefully. I said I would start Benny Snell if he ends up playing on Tuesday. If the game is postponed to any other day then I would start Drake. 

My thinking was was that I like Benny Snell vs the Ravens on Tuesday with not much preparation time by the Ravens. But if Covid causes any delay then I would want Drake. 

Lol @ thinking Benny Snell vs the Ravens on Tuesday is significantly better than Benny Snell vs the Ravens on Wednesday. It sounds like you just really want to get Drake’s points and you’re not going to be getting a Christmas card from your commissioner this year.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Absolutely shocked. NFL to testing centers:

spacer.png

There are no new positive tests, yet they are still postponing the game to Wednesday.  Hmmm.....

What do you bet there will be no new positive tests tomorrow too?

At this point, it's a joke.  The league should just say, "we're going to play these games no matter what because it's too logistically impossible to reschedule/delay/cancel".

When do Lamar, Ingram, JK, the whole team get cleared?  Talk about Pittsburgh getting screwed.  Those three might have a chance to come back for this game now?  Perhaps?  If they are asymptomatic, they just need five days and two negative tests within the five days.

1 minute ago, tpat30 said:

Will the Ravens have to split their team in 2? Half will play against the Cowboys and half will play against the Steelers? 😂

Works great. They send their starters against the Steelers and their practice squad against the Cowboys. Good way to get two wins in one day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, CooL said:

There are no new positive tests, yet they are still postponing the game to Wednesday.  Hmmm.....

At this point, it's a joke.  The league should just say, "we're going to play these games no matter what because it's too logistically impossible to reschedule/delay/cancel".

When do Lamar, Ingram, JK, the whole team get cleared?  Talk about Pittsburgh getting screwed.  Those three might have a chance to come back for this game now?  Perhaps?  If they are asymptomatic, they just need five days and two negative tests within the five days.

Raven's players threatened to "strike" for lack of playing time..

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

ESPN originally said if the game was moved past Tuesday, it would not count for week 12. So now it counts for week 13 when played on Wednesday? We need answers, fantasy sites!!!

Yes, stats count for Week 12..

Wednesday 8:00 PM ET

Edited by mjb
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

This whole thing has become a joke. Everything about how the NFL is handling COVID doesn’t correlate to the science. If this week doesn’t convince folks, nothing will. The season will go on and nothing will get in the way.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

ESPN originally said if the game was moved past Tuesday, it would not count for week 12. So now it counts for week 13 when played on Wednesday? We need answers, fantasy sites!!!

I don't remember it worded that way. I'd imagine the points would count for week 12.

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

That's absurdly dumb. So a guy like Big Ben can get 40-50 points counted towards week 13? Steelers defense can get 30+? Keep in mind, some leagues have playoffs start week 13 and week 13 is a make or break week for a lot of other teams.

Either play tomorrow or move the game. I have a league where I need the game to happen but rather get it moved than this bullshit the NFL is trying to pull.

Just now, Gohawks said:

That's absurdly dumb. So a guy like Big Ben can get 40-50 points counted towards week 13? Steelers defense can get 30+? Keep in mind, some leagues have playoffs start week 13 and week 13 is a make or break week for a lot of other teams.

Either play tomorrow or move the game. I have a league where I need the game to happen but rather get it moved than this bullshit the NFL is trying to pull.

I don't know what they're doing. This is all a **** show. I thought that's what it said but other posters disagreed with me. No Thursday Night Football again. 

COVID can really, wholeheartedly go f--- itself. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

This whole thing has become a joke. Everything about how the NFL is handling COVID doesn’t correlate to the science. If this week doesn’t convince folks, nothing will. The season will go on and nothing will get in the way.

It's funny. No matter where you stand politically and on COVID the NFL looks like a laughing stock. Kind of hard to do so i'll give them that. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

There's no way a site would give guys 2 games in a week. They would get so much backlash, like 1000x the backlash yahoo got that initial week there was a Tuesday game and they were going to run waivers on the same schedule(Tue night). They backtracked on that one quickly.

If for some reason they couldn't accommodate including Wed game in the preceding week it just wouldn't count. At least in that scenario lots of people had contingency plans and weren't counting on those guys.