Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

14 minutes ago, mjb said:

Yes, stats count for Week 12..

Wednesday 8:00 PM ET

In my league, I'm not seeing anything from ESPN about Wednesday's points counting. Makes no difference to me as I have no one going, but the other teams who have Ravens/Steelers now have projections of zero points. Weird.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

In my league, I'm not seeing anything from ESPN about Wednesday's points counting. Makes no difference to me as I have no one going, but the other teams who have Ravens/Steelers now have projections of zero points. Weird.

Diontae Johnson 

Bal

Tuesday's scheduled Ravens-Steelers game was postponed another 24 hours to Wednesday evening to assist the Ravens' players about to strike for lack of practice time; 

Remember, these teams HATE each other to begin with..

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/30030792/how-espn-fantasy-football-handling-ravens-steelers-other-nfl-games-postponed-due-positive-coronavirus-tests

Specific to the Ravens-Steelers game that has been postponed for a third time, now to Wednesday night, statistics will count toward Week 12 fantasy matchups and weekly waivers in advance of Week 13 will be delayed by two days. Extending the matchup period to account for Wednesday's scheduled game is a special exception, possible only because there is no Thursday night game in Week 13. Currently, there are 12 games on Sunday and three on Monday in Week 13, while the Buccaneers and Panthers are on byes.

·
41s

Finalized changes ...
• Ravens at Steelers, Wed. 12/2, 3:40 p.m. ET.

• WFT at Steelers, Mon. 12/7, 5 p.m. ET. •

Bills vs. 49ers, at Arizona, Mon. 12/7, 8 15 ET

• Cowboys at Ravens, Tues. 12/8, 8:05 p.m. ET.

Good for Now?^$#

Edited by mjb

If Ravens vs. Steelers is played on Wednesday points will count for Week 12 matchups.

Waivers will process on Friday morning for Week 13 since there is no Thursday game.
Edited by mjb
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Talk about competitive disadvantage.  Steelers get screwed here.  Why don't they delay long enough for them to get Connor back?  Oh wait, maybe Connor doesn't help them much...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

So the Ravens players were concerned about safety and didn't want the game played Tuesday.  So now they think they can choose when they play?  They wanted it moved to Thursday?  If the league says you play on Tuesday and you don't want to suit up, then your team forfeits.  Simple as that. 

I'm of the belief that the game should be cancelled, they should be quarantined until they can control this outbreak on their own team - like the Marlins and Cardinals had to at the beginning of the baseball season.  Problem is in the NFL, you can't play a doubleheader and it screws with the schedule.  

So eff the Ravens.  Make them forfeit the game.  In the interest of safety, they shouldn't play.  The players are concerned.  It's their strength coach's fault that the entire team is sick.  Fire that guy and get him out of the building.  Dock this team a draft pick or two and heavily fine the organization.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, CooL said:

So the Ravens players were concerned about safety and didn't want the game played Tuesday.  So now they think they can choose when they play?  They wanted it moved to Thursday?  If the league says you play on Tuesday and you don't want to suit up, then your team forfeits.  Simple as that. 

I'm of the belief that the game should be cancelled, they should be quarantined until they can control this outbreak on their own team - like the Marlins and Cardinals had to at the beginning of the baseball season.  Problem is in the NFL, you can't play a doubleheader and it screws with the schedule.  

So eff the Ravens.  Make them forfeit the game.  In the interest of safety, they shouldn't play.  The players are concerned.  It's their strength coach's fault that the entire team is sick.  Fire that guy and get him out of the building.  Dock this team a draft pick or two and heavily fine the organization.  

The problem with forfeiting is neither team would get paid, including the Steelers

League straight swinging off the ravens balls. So dumb. Steelers also have to play Monday night while the ravens get an extra day to play next Tuesday night. Also getting ingram and Dobbins back, they shouldn’t be eligible to play. 

• Thanks 1