Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

Saturday Night Live needs to do a skit on how this Pit/Bal game keeps getting pushed back and just the overall NFL's handling of its On-the-fly Covid protocols. This is getting comical and absurd at the same time...

3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Ravens:  "We're not playing Tuesday.  f--- that."

Goodell: "What if we give you yet another day so you can practice and get half your players back?"

Ravens: "Sounds good."

Broncos: 😕

lol no one cares about the Broncos feelings apparently

2 minutes ago, StephenCurryIsABaller said:

If they play the game Wednesday this is super irresponsible of the NFL, the majority of cases wouldn’t test positive after like 1-3 days, but I think we already know that the NFL is being super irresponsible. 

I think we also know that NFL players are extremely low risk of having problems with Covid.  The NFL is basically just saying what most of us are thinking.  

8 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I think we also know that NFL players are extremely low risk of having problems with Covid.  The NFL is basically just saying what most of us are thinking.  

Simply untrue.

Edited by JJ1223
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Low risk of complications for NFL players from what we know, but high impact if you get them.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30187081/sources-jacksonville-jaguars-rb-ryquell-armstead-battling-covid-19-expected-miss-rest-season

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-ryquell-armstead-jaguars-covid-hospitalizations-222212695.html

If it were Pat Mahomes the league would be flipping out.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

League straight swinging off the ravens balls. So dumb. Steelers also have to play Monday night while the ravens get an extra day to play next Tuesday night. Also getting ingram and Dobbins back, they shouldn’t be eligible to play. 

Excuse the pun but it makes me sick to see how the Ravens continue to benefit in response to their own negligence. I was ok with pushing the game out of Thursday. Then it got bumped to Sunday. Then Tuesday. Now Wednesday, conveniently at a time when the Ravens get some firepower back in their lineup with added practice time. Then they made sure the Ravens (not Steelers) have an extra recovery day the following week. 

But I do think the Broncos game should have been cancelled or postponed. Im a diehard Saints fan and I even had to turn away from the screen after the first few series. 

• Like 1

Broncos game should of been pushed to today or Wednesday too. They would of had their QBs back. The Saints basically got an automatic win. 

Ravens and Broncos both were negligent in their virus safety protocols. But the Broncos literally had no QB to play and Ravens got 5 extra days!!!!!

• Like 1

So you guys dont see the difference between the Ravens situation and the Broncos situation? I cant believe people keep harping on this? One was a teamwide outbreak vs one player testing positive. 

If they were gonna move games everytime one player tested positive this season wouldve been a nightmare and never happened.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, yanksman said:

So you guys dont see the difference between the Ravens situation and the Broncos situation? I cant believe people keep harping on this? One was a teamwide outbreak vs one player testing positive. 

If they were gonna move games everytime one player tested positive this season wouldve been a nightmare and never happened.

The difference is that one team got the hammer dropped on them, forcing what was essentially a forfeit, while the other team has been coddled and catered to so that they have at least a shot at being competitive.  If the Ravens could be postponed three times and pushed out to Wednesday so that they could get some players back and practice, please explain why the league couldn't do the same for the Broncos.

29 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Yea it's a little more nuanced than just "one player". There's a litany of special rules that pertain the QB position, to think it would be blasphemous to have that roll over to COVID policies seems laughable. 

That's like saying we can still fly the plane even though both the pilot and co-pilot are out. Just have a stewardess do it. 

Edited by TheDoctor
21 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

One positive that literally wipes out the most important position in the game. It wasn't just some lineman or receiver.

Every QB was ruled ineligible. 

Thems the breaks. Maybe keep one QB at home and attend virtual meetings.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

The difference is that one team got the hammer dropped on them, forcing what was essentially a forfeit, while the other team has been coddled and catered to so that they have at least a shot at being competitive.  If the Ravens could be postponed three times and pushed out to Wednesday so that they could get some players back and practice, please explain why the league couldn't do the same for the Broncos.

Because the Broncos didnt have an outbreak. The league is not gonna move games for competitive reasons. They already said so. Same reason they didnt move the 49ers game. But they did move the Titans game earlier in the season because they had an outbreak. Noticing a pattern?

• Like 1

Anyone know the significance of playing the game on a weekday while the majority of the country is at work? Seems like they could have started it at 5:20 Eastern just to give people a chance to get home and watch.

16 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Thems the breaks. Maybe keep one QB at home and attend virtual meetings.

Every team should be doing exactly this with either their 2nd or 3rd string QB for the rest of the season.  Like Kiefer Sutherland in Designated Survivor 😂

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Anyone know the significance of playing the game on a weekday while the majority of the country is at work? Seems like they could have started it at 5:20 Eastern just to give people a chance to get home and watch.

I mean isn't a majority of the country at work while at home? 

10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

NBC supposedly had something scheduled for the afternoon, & it couldn't be moved.

I believe it was the Annual Christmas Rockefeller event.

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1