Rotoworld.com Forums

COVID - League Plans?

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing the impact of COVID on the game of fantasy football.  Attempts to shoehorn in other topics, including armchair epidemiology or political / ideological arguments will be removed, with posters subject to disciplinary action.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s not the NFLs job to find you a QB. Otherwise, all the Eagles games would be cancelled.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean isn't a majority of the country at work while at home? 

I'll be working from home, so touche. Kind of hard to watch a football game while working, even if it's from home though. 

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Because the Broncos didnt have an outbreak. The league is not gonna move games for competitive reasons. They already said so. Same reason they didnt move the 49ers game. But they did move the Titans game earlier in the season because they had an outbreak. Noticing a pattern?

Tuesday night: Game can't be played because of the danger caused by the Ravens uncontrolled COVID outbreak.

Wednesday afternoon: COVID danger miraculously evaporates.  Everything good.

GMAFB

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Tuesday night: Game can't be played because of the danger caused by the Ravens uncontrolled COVID outbreak.

Wednesday afternoon: COVID danger miraculously evaporates.  Everything good.

GMAFB

They should absolutely postpone the game to week 18. Isnt that the OPPOSITE of your point though?

2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Anyone know the significance of playing the game on a weekday while the majority of the country is at work? Seems like they could have started it at 5:20 Eastern just to give people a chance to get home and watch.

They said on the Mike Greenberg show that the game is being played early to avoid conflicting with NBC's Christmas Tree Lighting Special.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, MingusDew said:

Man I already struggle to stay focused at work during December. Now there's a football game on at like 4:00pm?

It's on at 12:40pm for us west coasters. And I struggle to stay focused at work no matter what month it is, December or not. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, CooL said:

Ravens unsurprisingly have no positive tests today on Tuesday...

Hmm....

I was coming here to say wow how about that they all of the sudden have no new positive tests. This entire thing is a joke. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

They said on the Mike Greenberg show that the game is being played early to avoid conflicting with NBC's Christmas Tree Lighting Special.

I heard that it got 8+ million viewers last year which is even more crazy. NBC said f--- that. This tree is making us money 😂🤣

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ravens are literally dealing with an active Covid epidemic within their organization. With new cases being expressed each day. 

They now took a plane to play against the Steelers who will continue to be the victim of all of this. 

• Like 5

The Broncos qb situation was extremely unfortunate. But it was isolated 

The Ravens situation was in a position where it was unknown how bad it was and how unsafe it was to play. I don't like that guys that were going to be unavailable will now potentially play but its the lesser problem to playing with a possibly uncontrolled outbreak 

• Like 1