jagsfan05

Darius Slayton 2020 Outlook

floor: 61/813/7

kid's gonna have a couple monster weeks up in there - Dimez is a dealer, man ... think Slayton exceeds expectations - and if we have injuries to any other Jints offensive cogs (sans Dimez) well, that'll vault him that much higher.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

I could be wrong, but I didn't see one created for him yet.

It seems you are correct. Good young player, touchdown regression candidate though. Lots of mouths to feed on that offense (Shepard, tate, Engram, Barkley) so it’s tough to get to excited. Dynasty/keeper formats I’d be higher on him. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

It seems you are correct. Good young player, touchdown regression candidate though. Lots of mouths to feed on that offense (Shepard, tate, Engram, Barkley) so it’s tough to get to excited. Dynasty/keeper formats I’d be higher on him. 

the doods in front of this cat aren't exactly Cal Ripken ... Tate already has a boo-boo, and Shep/Engram are in the tub more than the EZ.

Slayton is a cotdamn diamond 💎 this year ... snag, and profit nicely. 

• Like 1

Surprised there wasn't a thread and some hype for this guy. He flashed last year, he is a legit deepthreat with solid hands. As @pastorofmuppets2 pointed out, Tate is already hurt and Shep and Engram are oft-injured themselves. With defenses forced to respect Barkley, Slayton will have his 1 on 1 opportunities for long TDs most if not every game. He has a solid connection with Daniel Jones and the Giants defense will most likely again be atrocious leading to plenty of passing attempts. He probably won't have a great floor, but he will pop off a handful of times, at least. And should he become the Giants' target leader (whether because of injuries to those in front of him, or just outplaying them, both which are reasonably likely options to me, Tate did not look good last year and Shep is more of a chain-mover) he could be a rock solid WR3 with big upside. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

I could be wrong, but I didn't see one created for him yet.

I was tempted to make one Monday thought I was crazy 

23 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Love this kid this year. Gonna ball out for sure. 

Why do you think so?  According to camp reports Shepard is the WR1 and Slayton is the deep guy. 

What about Tate??  I'm not hearing much about him and where he fits in the offensive with Barkley, Shepard, Engram and Slayton.

I’m liking Shepherd more than Slayton considering they’re only going 12 spots apart.  I get the injury history but that is often a bad luck/perception thing.  I can remember when Keenan Allen was “injury prone”...until he wasn’t.  Shepherd has missed 11 games in 4 seasons, but didn’t miss a game in two of them.  It seems clear he’s the most likely WR1 as of now and it’s not like you have to spend a high pick on him.

I get the Slayton play if he’s the team’s WR2 that you can get 7 rounds later and you think the top guy will go down.  But these guys are going within a round of each other as it is. Slayton didn’t get more than 4 targets until week 10, which is the week Shepherd went down.  Even then, he never got double digit targets after week 10.  He had decent numbers overall, but even after Shepherd went down he was boom or bust.  He had most of his fantasy production in two games: week 10 vs Jets (15 targets/10 recs/121 yds/ 2tds) and week 14 vs Eagles (8 targets/5recs/154 yards/ 2 tds).  Other than those two weeks he was unstartable even after Shepherd went down (4/67/0 tds,  6/44/0 tds, 2/31/1 tds, 2/0/0 tds, 4/50/0 tds).  

I get it when The starter’s price is way higher, but I don’t get it when Shepherd is so affordable too.  And that’s not to mention Tate, who is very good and proven by now who is comp for Slayton in the offense.  Just my $0.02, but I’m targeting Shepherd and more high upside players Instead of Slayton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FeastMode said:

I get it when The starter’s price is way higher, but I don’t get it when Shepherd is so affordable too.  And that’s not to mention Tate, who is very good and proven by now who is comp for Slayton in the offense.  Just my $0.02, but I’m targeting Shepherd and more high upside players Instead of Slayton.

But Slayton is the high upside guy here. We know what Shep is - solid hands and a chain mover who isn't scared to go across the middle and get those gritty yards. He is not, however, a deep threat or a big redzone guy.

Slayton on the other hand is a big play waiting to happen.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Slayton was top 12 WR last 6 games of the year as a rookie. Take our banged up and Shepherd more of a slot guy

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 11:55 PM, furbz420 said:

But Slayton is the high upside guy here. We know what Shep is - solid hands and a chain mover who isn't scared to go across the middle and get those gritty yards. He is not, however, a deep threat or a big redzone guy.

Slayton on the other hand is a big play waiting to happen.

Agreed. There's a bunch of Tate's and Shepard's out there. Slayton is the upside play

Giants fan here. Definitely think that Slayton is a better fantasy play than Shep.

The problem with Shep isn’t really the bodily injuries but rather the concussions. He has had numerous in his career and a couple of really scary ones last season. He’s one big hit to the head away from missing multiple weeks again.

Slayton is just a true home run hitter and he and Daniel Jones already have a natural chemistry. It took him some time to get up to speed last season and he was eased into the action as a 5th round pick. It became clear how talented he was right when he started getting the snaps, as evidenced against the Jets and Eagles. DJ will also be much improved. The Giants passing attack was pretty dead for some games last season due to poor offensive line play and DJ’s turnovers. Shep is more of an underneath guy, Slayton can do it all. I expect him to land in the WR 28-30 range end of season.

• Like 3

Why so little talk about Slayton? Where do you guys rank him? WR3/4? It's tempting to pick up one of the hot rookie WR's but I don't want to make that move yet until I see what Slayton brings to the table this year.

7 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Why so little talk about Slayton? Where do you guys rank him? WR3/4? It's tempting to pick up one of the hot rookie WR's but I don't want to make that move yet until I see what Slayton brings to the table this year.

Shep has received the lions share of the press-  but don’t let that fool you.   Preseason hype is perhaps the most insidious type.  Coaches answer questions as presented by the media— not as an insight into their rotations or game plans.   

Slayton has a big season ahead of him. 

• Like 3

I like Slayton as the player that will push me over the top in close games.  D Dimes can air it , and does often.   Shep is the move the chains player, but Slayton hits Home-Runs.

Added bonus, Slayton is not a rookie, and the team is healthy.  He is on all of my rosters as my "ace-in-the hole "player.

He's basically the only deep threat on this team.  Shep, Tate, Engram, Saquan are all top-notch at underneath/intermediate type stuff. 

Problem is, I have no idea how that's gonna actually play out.  Do defenses focus underneath and let him leak out for long catches?  Or does he end up blanketed over the top all the time because he's the only deep receiver?

The upside is there but I've gotta see how it works for a couple weeks before I think about plugging him in.  I have him as my #3 WR and I'm cautiously optimistic. 

He is the large man on a pass happy team with a great QB.    He can light it up every week.

I targetted him in EVERY draft.

Won't make that mistake again -- Locked.In.My.Line-up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spina said:

Won't make that mistake again -- Locked.In.My.Line-up.

Same here.

Started S Shepherd over him.  Thought he was a safe PPR target.    Slayton is the man.

Edited by Sivaro

Imagine dropping him for B. Scott Sunday morning. I really liked Slayton too, but I didn’t expect him to have a great game right out of the gates.

This team goes through Barkley. Slayton will be a boom or bust all year, but he’s gonna help win people some leagues as an amazing WR3.

43 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Same here.

Started S Shepherd over him.  Thought he was a safe PPR target.    Slayton is the man.

Well, you were right. Shep is safe for ~10 ppr...plus a TD every so often. Until he gets concussed again. 

Kind of sucks being the owner of Shep and Tate right now, but I don't expect Slayton to be all that consistent. 

Edited by Drewfus

1 minute ago, Drewfus said:

Well, you were right. Shep is safe for ~10 ppr plus a TD every so often. Until he gets concussed again. 

Kind of sucks being the owner of Shep and Tate right now, but I don't expect Slayton to be all that consistent. 

Yeah it’s  going to be tough predicting who blows up especially when Tate comes back. Engram is garbage but still getting targets