jagsfan05

Darius Slayton 2020 Outlook

No lie - I swapped out Conner and swapped in Slayton into FLEX before tonight’s game.  Down 40 and I needed ceiling. Got almost 30. 
I can pull out the win if AJ Brown would start doing something. 

Won me a matchup with Golladay not playing. I love you Darius! 

I hope he keeps producing as the Giants lone deep threat.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bigpinero said:

Won me a matchup with Golladay not playing. I love you Darius! 

I hope he keeps producing as the Giants lone deep threat.

I only started him because Evans was so iffy and Denver WR Sutton was out ... I'll second your ❤️ for Darius! Damn, what a great performance from a bench player in time of need!

• Like 1

Are we ready for when Darius Slayton faces off against Darius Slay (twice) this season?

• Haha 3

Week 1: Top 4 Fantasy WR*

*points in my league

Darius Slayton continues to prove to be the Giants Big-Play WR and Danny's BFF.

Big Year Incoming. 

To be honest, I'm probably going Lazard over Slayton. Give me Green Bay's offense and Aaron Rodgers over the Giants...

Probably can get him cheaper too.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FooserX said:

To be honest, I'm probably going Lazard over Slayton. Give me Green Bay's offense and Aaron Rodgers over the Giants...

Oof 

cannot stress enough how big of a mistake that is.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, FooserX said:

Don't do it

5 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Oof 

cannot stress enough how big of a mistake that is.   

lol why's that?

It's all a crap shoot here. I don't think the upside on blowing my FAAB on Slayton is much different than Lazard...better to bid really low on other WR2/3's and save it for the big RB's when they come up.

6 hours ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

What % would you drop for FAAB? 25%? 

60+ he's a stud. WR 3 but will be higher than that soon enough. Kid just gets open and scores TDs.

The man wins contested catches / jump balls at a prolific rate, on a team that will very often be playing from behind, with a young QB that just might be related to Jameis Winston but has a much longer leash.  What's not to like??

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Spina said:

Week 1: Top 4 Fantasy WR*

*points in my league

Darius Slayton continues to prove to be the Giants Big-Play WR and Danny's BFF.

Big Year Incoming. 

The More INT's Jones throws will hurt his value.

Had to drop him in a dynasty league this year. Either him or Marquise Brown and had to keep Brown because of draft capital. So painful to watch him go off like that. 

6 hours ago, FooserX said:

lol why's that?

It's all a crap shoot here. I don't think the upside on blowing my FAAB on Slayton is much different than Lazard...better to bid really low on other WR2/3's and save it for the big RB's when they come up.

Slayton has a better chance if consistency than Lazard.

3 hours ago, Crushers101 said:

The More INT's Jones throws will hurt his value.

You can say that about any WR and QB combo.

Just reviving this. We've had a blow-up and a disappearance. Which I think is what we'll get from him all season: high ceiling low floor. Makes me not want to let him go, but I'll be scared any week I have to start him. Do we hope for another big game or two then look to sell?

2 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

Just reviving this. We've had a blow-up and a disappearance. Which I think is what we'll get from him all season: high ceiling low floor. Makes me not want to let him go, but I'll be scared any week I have to start him. Do we hope for another big game or two then look to sell?

Slayton's arrow is shooting up and is one of the few WRs I have complete confidence in now that the running game is in shambles without Saquon AND Shepherd being out for extended time -- believe he'll consistently put up solid games, mixed in with blow-up games the rest of the way.

Easy Top 20 Finish.

The Giants new identity is Danny-Dimes to Darius Slayton.

[throwing team, playing from behind most of the season...Slayton is someone you want on your Squad]

2 minutes ago, Spina said:

Slayton's arrow is shooting up and is one of the few WRs I have complete confidence in now that the running game is in shambles without Saquon AND Shepherd being out for extended time -- believe he'll consistently put up solid games, mixed in with blow-up games the rest of the way.

Easy Top 20 Finish.

The Giants new identity is Danny-Dimes to Darius Slayton.

[throwing team, playing from behind most of the season...Slayton is someone you want on your Squad]

I want to believe this lol - do you think he's a better start, in general, than comp guys like Boyd, CeeDee, Gallup, and all these other similar tier WRs?

Just now, JAG_challam said:

I want to believe this lol - do you think he's a better start, in general, than comp guys like Boyd, CeeDee, Gallup, and all these other similar tier WRs?

Believe Slayton and the above WRs are all pretty close -- I want to be cautious in saying cause I'm going against one of those guys and don't want to jinx it. I'm crazy.

However, I take Slayton's upside in opportunities over the others -- lots of mouths in Dallas.

Just one man's opinion.

• Thanks 1