jagsfan05

Darius Slayton 2020 Outlook

Anyone starting him? WFT has been good against WRs this year and with that dominant front 7 I could Daniel Jones having a terrible game.

He was simply a bye week filler for me. Unless the matchup bodes well for him, I have trouble at this time relying on this NYG offense

6 hours ago, drisser said:

Anyone starting him? WFT has been good against WRs this year and with that dominant front 7 I could Daniel Jones having a terrible game.

I don't have much concern with anything other than in-game reinjury. The matchup doesn't concern me and he's a guy with a reasonable floor and very high ceiling. He's a solid WR3 (you could argue low-end WR2), but I'd have no problem starting him in a 12-teamer, 3WR league, or even as a bye replacement. 

7 hours ago, drisser said:

Not sure Washington is actually good at stopping WRs though. It just hasn't be super necessary in the games played so far. The Eagles and Rams attacked mainly attacked via tight ends (though the Eagles don't have much at WR that's healthy anyhow). Both Cleveland and Baltimore easily ran the ball and were up big. Washington couldn't stop Kyle Murray running. Plus Washington is generally losing, so teams tend to stop passing in those situations. So I suspect Slayton should be okay.

27 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Not sure Washington is actually good at stopping WRs though. It just hasn't be super necessary in the games played so far. The Eagles and Rams attacked mainly attacked via tight ends (though the Eagles don't have much at WR that's healthy anyhow). Both Cleveland and Baltimore easily ran the ball and were up big. Washington couldn't stop Kyle Murray running. Plus Washington is generally losing, so teams tend to stop passing in those situations. So I suspect Slayton should be okay.

For what it's worth, the corner who Slayton will see a lot of this week (Kendall Fuller) is rated as the #3 CB this season by PFF

53 minutes ago, kco734 said:

Any update on him today? 

He is active. According to RW they wrote he had a concussion? I thought it was foot? Also, I dont like the word "available" as opposed to active as RW wrote. 

Yeah guys I think I'm fading Slayton. I just have a bad feeling Jones' is going to be running for his life against a very very good WFT pass rush. Any other situation I'd start Slayton, but this Jones' cat hasn't thrown a TD in over 4 games....I'm rolling with Cooks instead, at least he has a competent QB.

• Like 1

The extent of Slayton's concussion/injuries is unknown.

Washington is pretty good vs wideouts thanks to Kendall Fuller, who should be covering Slayton most of the game if Slayton is healthy.

Washington is also good at pressuring the QB, which fades Daniel Jones' overall ability to be effective.

Washington is exploited by their coverage of TEs. So this may be best served to be an Evan Engram game if Jones gets the ball off.

Slayton is a great spot play in good matchups. This is not one of them. You're hoping for a couple of deep balls.

This has 4 catches for 42 yards and 0 TDs written all over it with TDs more likely to Engram and/or Devonta Freeman.

No info about him available. He left the game last Sunday, right? Anyone know if he came back afterwards? On paper he has a good matchup on TNF but it's really hard to put him in lineups without more information.

3 minutes ago, drisser said:

No info about him available. He left the game last Sunday, right? Anyone know if he came back afterwards? On paper he has a good matchup on TNF but it's really hard to put him in lineups without more information.

He came back into the game

• Like 1

Is Darius going to cover Darius? If so is that a bad thing?

1 minute ago, mrfrood said:

Is Darius going to cover Darius? If so is that a bad thing?

I'd only start one of the elite receivers if Slay is covering

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I'd only start one of the elite receivers if Slay is covering

Does Slay focus on one guy?

1 minute ago, mrfrood said:

Does Slay focus on one guy?

I know in Detroit he typically did.  Not sure how they use him in Philly, though.

• Thanks 1

Dropped. Shepherd coming back. Just a lottery pick after a good spree at the end of last year that fizzled when saquan got hurt

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Dropped. Shepherd coming back. Just a lottery pick after a good spree at the end of last year that fizzled when saquan got hurt

8 team league? Not sure how you can straight up drop the #22 WR in PPR (#18 in standard). Slayton's best game of the year came when Shepard was fully healthy. This is a weird take.

• Like 1

Slayton is the best wr on this team, he reminds me of a young Emmanuel Sanders. Shepard should only help Slayton by giving Danny another option to keep drives alive and draw coverage. Slayton has great chemistry with the QB and is not only the fave redzone target, but deep ball threat aswell

Edited by scheibler

1 hour ago, dkrocka said:

This is a weird take unless you have an enviable stable of WR1s sitting at your disposal to go with your nightly wagyu beef and white truffles while you decide which Bugatti or Ferrari to drive in.

Is Slayton a WR1? Heck no. But most teams could do worse having Slayton as a WR3/4 that they can employ during bye weeks and favorable matchups.

24 minutes ago, drisser said:

8 team league? Not sure how you can straight up drop the #22 WR in PPR (#18 in standard). Slayton's best game of the year came when Shepard was fully healthy. This is a weird take.

Shephard coming back. Saquan hurt. Jones has thrown a grand total of 3 TD's all to Slayton. Giants defense sucks, which is relevant when your QB can't move the ball either. Slayton has done zilch except for a huge week 1. Weird take? He's bye filler.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

This is a weird take unless you have an enviable stable of WR1s sitting at your disposal to go with your nightly wagyu beef and white truffles while you decide which Bugatti or Ferrari to drive in.

Is Slayton a WR1? Heck no. But most teams could do worse having Slayton as a WR3/4 that they can employ during bye weeks and favorable matchups.

Sure. I hit every round past round 8 except for DEF and K. I'll sip on my milk and cookies knowing that Shephard is their new primary target within a couple weeks. You mise as well go pick up AJ Green. Same odds

Edited by dkrocka
  • Haha 2