Sign in to follow this  
loslakes

AL only Auction keeper trade. WHIR

I get: Oscar Mercado ($3) and Isaac Paredes ($2)

I give: Moncada ($26) and Benintendi ($18)

We keep up to 10 people. Usual $260 draft salary. AL ONLY and we start 2 catchers. Normal 5 x 5 scoring.

I was almost positive that I wasn't keeping either of my guys anyway. Here are the players I am currently considering. I can get to 10 easy so will either of these new guys make the cut? 

Sean Murphy $5. Only because it's a 2 catcher AL only league so I might consider him if he ends the season strong.

Hanser Alonso $5. 2b & 3b. Not much power or speed, but plus .300 hitter will help my average.

Correa $26. Decent value for a SS in this league, but still on the fence.

Tim Anderson $27. He's putting up monster numbers again. He's a no brainer at this point.

Danny Santana $8. He's having a terrible season but last year he was on 30/30 pace. Plus 1b are not as deep as it once was.

Kepler $17. Not really considering him but he has 30+ HR power with decent average.

Urshela $10. I feel like he is on the verge of a break out and for $10 he's worth the risk.

Dylan Moore $1. Plays 1b, SS, OF and is a solid combo of power and speed. At this point, he is a no brainer too at only $1.

Travis Blankenhorn $0. He is actually free to keep but he would count as 1 of my 10 keepers. Has shows good power/speed combo in minors.

Framber Valdez $15. Pitching is really hard to come by so he is a value at $15. Close to a no brainer.

Dylan Bundy $13. Putting up way better numbers than anyone expected. Also close to no brainer. 

A Civale $14. See Framber Valdez. If these guys above keep it up, I have to keep them all.

Luzardo $10. No brainer for this top pitching prospect. 

If you weren't going to keep Moncada anyway, I'd take it for cheap Paredes. Benintendi and Mercado are a wash to me in this one, neither worth really keeping but mercado you could keep for cheap and hope to hit something.

1 hour ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Seems like a terrible return for Moncada. 

Based on name value alone but in this league, it's all about the cheap. I can probably keep Moncada, Correa and TIm Anderson but they would combine for almost 1/3 of my total budget. So I would rather just keep one of them and get some cheap guys. Tim Anderson is the only one putting up no brainer keeper numbers. Correa and Moncada are putting up decent but not great numbers. They obviously both have big upside but I feel like both are 25 HR, 90 RBI & Runs with 5 steals and an average around .270. Good but not no brainer keeper good. Whitley was a top pitching prospect just 2 years ago so he could still be a stud again. 

1 hour ago, loslakes said:

Based on name value alone but in this league, it's all about the cheap. I can probably keep Moncada, Correa and TIm Anderson but they would combine for almost 1/3 of my total budget. So I would rather just keep one of them and get some cheap guys. Tim Anderson is the only one putting up no brainer keeper numbers. Correa and Moncada are putting up decent but not great numbers. They obviously both have big upside but I feel like both are 25 HR, 90 RBI & Runs with 5 steals and an average around .270. Good but not no brainer keeper good. Whitley was a top pitching prospect just 2 years ago so he could still be a stud again. 

Still, you’re getting a SB only guy who was trash this year and an unproven prospect back. Just seems like a weak return. You may as well just drop him then.

Hold onto windy city & beantown counter offer & move some mt for the buckeye state & motor city.