octapuss

Mike Williams 2020 Outlook

When thrown to Mike makes the catches. He did very well last year. Will the chargers be able to feed him the ball with the new quaterback?

25 minutes ago, octapuss said:

When thrown to Mike makes the catches. He did very well last year. Will the chargers be able to feed him the ball with the new quaterback?

Williams will miss at least a couple of games, I think, but I think that he's still worth rostering if you have the bench space as he has a chance to be a solid wr3 if Tyrod comes through.

He is what he is.  He will get his deep ball targets.  He will make the catches.  That is all.  He's a boom or bust WR3 with more value in standard than non-ppr. 

Just read that the Chargers' OC says that Williams is trending toward being active for week 1.  If you have the bench space, it may not hurt to take a flier though expectations should probably be tempered with Tyrod Taylor throwing to him.

they must be scheming to work Williams into Taylor's passing comfort zone. Not just sending him on a 60 fly route play after play.

Sleeper reports he will be out 1 month.  I dont see it anywhere else online.  Is it true?  Who benefits here?

11 hours ago, Zangief80 said:

Sleeper reports he will be out 1 month.  I dont see it anywhere else online.  Is it true?  Who benefits here?

My Yahoo league info is also saying there is a possibility he misses all of September. 

Copying my post from last year because I am lazy

Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams is on the edge of history for Sunday's game. First, if Williams (963 receiving yards) and Austin Ekeler (950 receiving yards) can both top 1,000 yards receiving, they'll be the first Chargers trio of 1,000-yard receivers since 1980. Second, Williams only has 47 catches this season. Only one player (DeSean Jackson) in the last eight years has topped 1,000 receiving yards with less than 60 catches, and no one has done it with less than 56 catches. While the 25-year-old's touchdown total of just two is disappointing, he's shown what he's capable of at the highest level. Expect him to be a name to know in the future, and expect him to be gunning for his 1,000 yards on Sunday.

Wiliams had 49 catches for 1,001 yards last year and 2 TD.

I'm snagging him late in drafts, around 10th-11th round, and love him at that price even if he misses a couple weeks.  I'm hopeful that Taylor might not be all over Allen this year and spread the wealth.

Edited by Sternes

The most recent Mike Williams update I could find:

18 minutes ago, Robrain said:

The most recent Mike Williams update I could find:

Mike Williams is misconfigured.  Sounds about right.

• Haha 2

Just now, TTo34 said:

Mike Williams is misconfigured.  Sounds about right.

You'll have to click it.  Like those Youtube videos that you have to watch on Youtube sometimes.

2 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Lower right corner, the big Twitch logo, not the button that tells you "documentation" if u can read real gud

Clicking the Twitch logo takes me to some dude playing a FPS.  Haha wtf is going on, I give up.

Guy wasn't even drafted in my 12 team .5 PPR. I'm tempted to grab him but the possibility of losing a roster spot for three weeks isn't attractive. 

Just now, TTo34 said:

Clicking the Twitch logo takes me to some dude playing a FPS.  Haha wtf is going on, I give up.

THAT'S OUR MIKE WILLIAMS!

The other guy is spectating (watching) him at the start of the clip.

• Haha 1

Anyone else pulling the BMW out of the garage for this weekends match vs the Chiefs???

21 minutes ago, kco734 said:

Anyone else pulling the BMW out of the garage for this weekends match vs the Chiefs???

😂 Debating between him and Parris Campbell

2 hours ago, kco734 said:

I am....garbage time points could be huge in this one

Not much talk on this guy, I think he could have a really nice game vs the Chiefs. 

I got him and that boy Robby Anderson as my WR1/2. Just how I predicted my season going.

Interesting play this week coming off the 9-target opener. I didn't watch the game but sounds like Tyrod was just chucking it up to him in traffic. And that's probably ideal considering Tyrod's skill level. Favorable game script and Chiefs might be shorthanded again in the secondary if Chavarious Ward misses Sunday. 

On 9/16/2020 at 8:40 AM, kco734 said:

Thinking about it.. What are our expectations? 

8 hours ago, mjagger42 said:

Interesting play this week coming off the 9-target opener. I didn't watch the game but sounds like Tyrod was just chucking it up to him in traffic. And that's probably ideal considering Tyrod's skill level. Favorable game script and Chiefs might be shorthanded again in the secondary if Chavarious Ward misses Sunday. 

Those kinds of throws are at least somewhat mitigated by MW's skill set...Tyrod may not throw the prettiest ball, but MW has an insane catch radius—plus don't forget that future HoF'er Rivers was chucking up interceptable dead ducks all season last year, so I don't consider Tyrod a massive downgrade that MW has to adjust to.

Bottom line, he's the primary vertical threat and the likely gamescript means more opportunities for him to make plays as the Chargers try (and probably fail) to keep pace with KC. Now he's feeling faster and more explosive? Against a depleted secondary?? Sign me up.

• Like 1

This guy wasn't drafted in my 12 team league and still out there.  No faith is Taylor?  The target count is there.  Thinking about moving one of these rookie WR's off my roster to make room for MW.  I haven't kept up with the Chargers lately, is their o-line giving TT enough time to throw?  I honestly have no idea what MW's outlook is at this point.