octapuss

Mike Williams 2020 Outlook

I dropped him. Got burned two weeks in a row with no brighter forecast on the horizon.

• Like 1

How significant is his hammy injury?

Could be a sneaky add with Ekeler out, Herbert catching fire, and a sweet schedule coming up.

15 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

How significant is his hammy injury?

Could be a sneaky add with Ekeler out, Herbert catching fire, and a sweet schedule coming up.

Thought this myself. Waiting to see if he gets dropped before making a trade offer

On 10/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, lvsaint429 said:

Thought this myself. Waiting to see if he gets dropped before making a trade offer

worth picking up? I mean he falls in that range of all these receivers but there is at least a path here for lots of upside?

I may pick up him as insurance for MNF if Thomas is held out, but Williams is dealing with an injury of his own.

Any updates from Chargers practice? Did he practice today? Haven't seen anything on Twitter.

4 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Might be a perfect fit with Herbert...

He didn't seem to be through the ...1.5 games (?) he lasted.  Taylor fed him 9 targets, which was something he did not see much of last year.  That was one reason I was high on him going into week 2.  Then some doc punctured Taylor's lung, and Williams only got 4 targets. then 1 other in the abbreviated Carolina game.  Seems like a too many mouths to feed situation.  I watched that scrub score last week and all I could think of was that was a Williams playcall.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sternes said:

He didn't seem to be through the ...1.5 games (?) he lasted.  Taylor fed him 9 targets, which was something he did not see much of last year.  That was one reason I was high on him going into week 2.  Then some doc punctured Taylor's lung, and Williams only got 4 targets. then 1 other in the abbreviated Carolina game.  Seems like a too many mouths to feed situation.  I watched that scrub score last week and all I could think of was that was a Williams playcall.

Herbert seemed to be throwing to everyone last week...even Guyton...Williams replacement.

Minus an Ekeler I have to think Herbert is going to love a big body to throw to.

Would like to know his practice status. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

worth picking up? I mean he falls in that range of all these receivers but there is at least a path here for lots of upside?

Added once I found out Corey Davis is on the Covid list. Worth hanging on to see what happens

3 hours ago, rasrar said:

I may pick up him as insurance for MNF if Thomas is held out, but Williams is dealing with an injury of his own.

Any updates from Chargers practice? Did he practice today? Haven't seen anything on Twitter.

There will be updates tomorrow since it's their first practice day.

• Like 1

I look at him as a stash rather than someone to play in the next few weeks.  Too talented to let sit out there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

There will be updates tomorrow since it's their first practice day.

Forgot that teams on MNF begin practice later in the week, thanks.

If he plays I’m thinking 122 and 2

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

👆😁

• Like 4

Took him as a stash right before the game.. Looks like a good decision with this QB slinging it all over the field. 

I've always liked this guy's upside but man he just always comes and goes and comes and goes. It would be awesome if he could finally put it together.

On 10/11/2020 at 7:28 AM, Bugs bunny said:

If he plays I’m thinking 122 and 2

Off by 13 yards. 

• Like 3

God I just hold my breath every time he's tackled that something is going to pop. Really hope he is OK because this offense will be electric with him and Keenan at 100%. Good sign that he was walking off on his own at the end with no trainer in sight though. Hopefully he comes out of the BYE ok.

• Like 1

Yesterday was encouraging to see him get 8 targets. I get that Allen and Ekeler were out but if he can use this time to develop some trust with Herbert then this can only bring him up.  Herbert is looking like the real deal and will elevate all these receivers places Rivers hasn't been able to in years and Tyord just can't. 

Maybe, finally, if he can stay health Mike Williams will be able to be a semi consistent fantasy receiver. 

• Like 1