octapuss

Mike Williams 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I dropped him. Got burned two weeks in a row with no brighter forecast on the horizon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How significant is his hammy injury?

Could be a sneaky add with Ekeler out, Herbert catching fire, and a sweet schedule coming up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

How significant is his hammy injury?

Could be a sneaky add with Ekeler out, Herbert catching fire, and a sweet schedule coming up.

Thought this myself. Waiting to see if he gets dropped before making a trade offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 3:52 PM, lvsaint429 said:

Thought this myself. Waiting to see if he gets dropped before making a trade offer


worth picking up? I mean he falls in that range of all these receivers but there is at least a path here for lots of upside?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may pick up him as insurance for MNF if Thomas is held out, but Williams is dealing with an injury of his own.

Any updates from Chargers practice? Did he practice today? Haven't seen anything on Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Might be a perfect fit with Herbert...

 

He didn't seem to be through the ...1.5 games (?) he lasted.  Taylor fed him 9 targets, which was something he did not see much of last year.  That was one reason I was high on him going into week 2.  Then some doc punctured Taylor's lung, and Williams only got 4 targets. then 1 other in the abbreviated Carolina game.  Seems like a too many mouths to feed situation.  I watched that scrub score last week and all I could think of was that was a Williams playcall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sternes said:

 

He didn't seem to be through the ...1.5 games (?) he lasted.  Taylor fed him 9 targets, which was something he did not see much of last year.  That was one reason I was high on him going into week 2.  Then some doc punctured Taylor's lung, and Williams only got 4 targets. then 1 other in the abbreviated Carolina game.  Seems like a too many mouths to feed situation.  I watched that scrub score last week and all I could think of was that was a Williams playcall.

 

Herbert seemed to be throwing to everyone last week...even Guyton...Williams replacement.

Minus an Ekeler I have to think Herbert is going to love a big body to throw to.

Would like to know his practice status. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:


worth picking up? I mean he falls in that range of all these receivers but there is at least a path here for lots of upside?

Added once I found out Corey Davis is on the Covid list. Worth hanging on to see what happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rasrar said:

I may pick up him as insurance for MNF if Thomas is held out, but Williams is dealing with an injury of his own.

Any updates from Chargers practice? Did he practice today? Haven't seen anything on Twitter.

 

There will be updates tomorrow since it's their first practice day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at him as a stash rather than someone to play in the next few weeks.  Too talented to let sit out there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

There will be updates tomorrow since it's their first practice day.

 

Forgot that teams on MNF begin practice later in the week, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he plays I’m thinking 122 and 2

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

👆😁

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took him as a stash right before the game.. Looks like a good decision with this QB slinging it all over the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always liked this guy's upside but man he just always comes and goes and comes and goes. It would be awesome if he could finally put it together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 7:28 AM, Bugs bunny said:

If he plays I’m thinking 122 and 2

Off by 13 yards. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God I just hold my breath every time he's tackled that something is going to pop. Really hope he is OK because this offense will be electric with him and Keenan at 100%. Good sign that he was walking off on his own at the end with no trainer in sight though. Hopefully he comes out of the BYE ok.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was encouraging to see him get 8 targets. I get that Allen and Ekeler were out but if he can use this time to develop some trust with Herbert then this can only bring him up.  Herbert is looking like the real deal and will elevate all these receivers places Rivers hasn't been able to in years and Tyord just can't. 

Maybe, finally, if he can stay health Mike Williams will be able to be a semi consistent fantasy receiver. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.