octapuss

Mike Williams 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

is it a Bench or outright drop? Lmao

herbert had 40 fantasy points, 12 from rushing, and threw deep shot touchdowns to everyone but mike williams.

if this was a game to trust him, and he failed, what use is He?

Depends on your team. If you are in a 10 team league or a shallow 12 team then absolutely. Probably droppable in all but the deepest 12 team PPR leagues. 

My league I’m holding him cause I have very deep benches in a dynasty but it will be only for the worst of bye week troubles that I will play him again. 

When Keenan Allen is around, this guy is useless.  Has always been that way, he only works out when they design end zone plays for him, but that was 3 years ago.  Hes either a **** route runner or his routes are to make room for the real playmakers on the teM.

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Do not drop him. He will be very useful imo. In fact I'd try to acquire him on the cheap about now.

You can buy him cheap because he is cheap. He isn’t worth much of anything. 

unless you are in best ball leagues he’s nothing more than a weak bye week filler. 

• Like 1

Playing against Jacksonvillle and the Chargers score 39. Mike Williams stat line was 1/4/0. That's classic Mike Williams right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

When Keenan Allen is around, this guy is useless.  Has always been that way, he only works out when they design end zone plays for him, but that was 3 years ago.  Hes either a **** route runner or his routes are to make room for the real playmakers on the teM.

Think the popular theory right now is that Herbert is a one-read guy at this stage of the career, as a rookie. Will definitely stare down Keenan, or just chuck it deep I guess- I don't know his play style. Today was a crazy game.

8 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Think the popular theory right now is that Herbert is a one-read guy at this stage of the career, as a rookie. Will definitely stare down Keenan, or just chuck it deep I guess- I don't know his play style. Today was a crazy game.

I don't think so. Allen was open all night and could have easily gone 20 receptions for 250 yards on a night like this. No joke, open on every single play. Outside of Allen's targets, Herb spread it around quite a bit tossing long bombs to Virgil Green, Guyton, and another guy I can't even remember the name of. Just so odd that Mike Williams doesn't get 2 or 3 of those deep bombs.

• Thanks 1

Kind of knew this already when I picked him up for the second time but he is wildly inconsistent. He's like D-Jax Where he will do all his damage in a handful of games that will win you the week but be a complete dud the others. He create more value to Herbert's game than his individual stats unless K. Allen goes down like he did the previous game. Good player but I'm dropping 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Top 10 WR ROS the way Herbert is playing...

Out of curiosity, did you see his stat line from yesterday?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Top 10 WR ROS the way Herbert is playing...

I’ll buy top 10 on the Chargers. 

• Thanks 2

You guys realize he played at Clemson right? DHop...renfrow... tee Higgins... WR U

On 10/21/2020 at 11:17 PM, FitzMagic said:

I like him only if Allen is out. That's exactly why he blew up in his last game.

On 10/22/2020 at 12:23 AM, cgu112 said:

He blew up because he caught a couple bombs   Is he capable of doing that when Allen plays?  Yes  

17 hours ago, harck said:

I don't think so. Allen was open all night and could have easily gone 20 receptions for 250 yards on a night like this. No joke, open on every single play. Outside of Allen's targets, Herb spread it around quite a bit tossing long bombs to Virgil Green, Guyton, and another guy I can't even remember the name of. Just so odd that Mike Williams doesn't get 2 or 3 of those deep bombs.

Parnham. :) lol

safe to drop again? thought he could be a WR3 with WR2 upside but not looking like it unless Allen is injured

17 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

safe to drop again? thought he could be a WR3 with WR2 upside but not looking like it unless Allen is injured

I cut bait...last week was enough for me. Herbert had almost 40 pts and mike had 0.8. See ya...will kill you more often than not. 

• Like 1

A lot of juicy matchups coming. I know he burned us last week but that rookie qb is airing it out deep and that's exactly what big Mike does best. He's a hold for me.

52 minutes ago, codyodea said:

A lot of juicy matchups coming. I know he burned us last week but that rookie qb is airing it out deep and that's exactly what big Mike does best. He's a hold for me.

He just had the juicest of matchups. His QB put up 40 fantasy points, and had a crazy good day. The QB hooked up with other options for deep TDs. Mike Williams had 1 point. There's absolutely 0 confidence in starting this guy unless you truly like gambling or Keenan is out. 

• Like 1

Yeah yall are crazy holding on IMO. The Jacksonville game was the ideal with their horrific secondary. With the amount of receiving talent this year, I'm not putting in a receiver that has a 50% chance of giving me 1 point on the week. I had high hopes for Mike, and he's obviously still going to have boom games, but his ceiling is still capped. Allen is the target hog, 6-10 targets every game are going to the RBs and a few are heading to Guyton/Parham.

The only way I can see Williams bouncing back is if Hunter Henry is out for an extended period of time. Don't remember what the latest update was on him, but he could take some of the TE targets away, being a big guy that can make contested catches.

2 hours ago, codyodea said:

no. just, no...

unless you're in a 14+ team league. then maybe, but it's debatable.

[...] Probably still a risky start going forward, but if he continues to get rapport with Herbert he could be a force down the stretch -- especially if Allen gets injured. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, ColKurtz said:

[...] Probably still a risky start going forward, but if he continues to get rapport with Herbert he could be a force down the stretch -- especially if Allen gets injured. 

That was my assumption and why I sat him this week. Couldn't risk another 0.4pt performance, so much for that...

• Like 1