Johnny Tuttle

Stanton for Ryu/Lux/Brendan Rodgers WHIR

12 team h2h dynasty with prospects (6x6, mixed league)

Stanton is ostensibly my starting LF, but in his many absences, I've been playing Clint Frazier or Kris Bryant in that spot. 

Is this a no brainer yes for me? My 2b is Huira, and I have Frazier/Bryant for LF. Stanton hasn't really played much for a long time, and both Lux/Rodgers are phenomenal. Ryu is a nice score.

Thank you! 

You'd imagine Lux could be very productive in a LAD lineup for years, Ryu is a nice arm to get back as well. Not sure when Rodger's time will be, between slow starts and COL messing around with playing time with some of their players last few years. 

You have some decent OF options if you make this deal. I'd be sick of owning Stanton especially in a dynasty where I'd have to count on him even more than in other formats. Also considering how often he's broken down over the years which is sad of course, given the monster potential we know he has.

• Thanks 1

When healthy Stanton is the best player in the deal so it would be hard for me to give up on him. 
Lux could be good but the Dodgers could also platoon him like they are currently doing 

Rodgers seems blocked and in an organization that doesn’t always play their Rookies. 

Ryu is older but a stable pitcher 

I wouldn’t fault you for doing it I just would rather hold Stanton 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tristan0823 said:

When healthy Stanton is the best player in the deal so it would be hard for me to give up on him. 
Lux could be good but the Dodgers could also platoon him like they are currently doing 

Rodgers seems blocked and in an organization that doesn’t always play their Rookies. 

Ryu is older but a stable pitcher 

I wouldn’t fault you for doing it I just would rather hold Stanton 

Any concern that one of these injuries will sap his value completely? That's the only reason why I pause.

Hard one. Stanton is the best player in the deal but is injury-prone and one dimensional. Lux has potential but is yet to prove it, the same for Rodgers and playing time is a question for both. Ryu is going to blow up at some point. Honestly it depends on who you feel safer with.

• Thanks 1

I don't how you can trust Stanton any longer. I'd take Lux plus whatever else I could get and run with it. Stanton is a sinking ship. 

• Thanks 1

Wow that is a nice haul for a guy that is about to turn 31 and has a combined 100 ABs and 6 HR since the end of 2018. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you all very much for the help.

I ended up taking the deal: my line of thought is that I have a chance to win this year, and Ryu is more useful this year than is Stanton. That I could say that at all means getting the top 3 prospect and more for him is worth my while.

Stanton's health just isn't there. I'd make this deal easily. 

*EDIT* Saw you accepted.. nice. GL

Edited by MSkibisky
  • Like 1