RunCMC

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

With the regular season about to kick off next week, let's talk some team defense. I personally expect a nice bounce back year for Chicago, for those who like to roll with one defense all year long. Foles should be an upgrade at QB & limit those turnovers which haunted them last season. Better game scripts , longer offensive drives , Akiem Hicks back and healthy. Means less double teams for Khalil Mack. 

Mods: @tonycpsu @DarinB300   Sticky please . TIA  

• Like 1

Any doubt on patriots defense this year?

Edited by lindown

10 hours ago, RunCMC said:

With the regular season about to kick off next week, let's talk some team defense. I personally expect a nice bounce back year for Chicago, for those who like to roll with one defense all year long. Foles should be an upgrade at QB & limit those turnovers which haunted them last season. Better game scripts , longer offensive drives , Akiem Hicks back and healthy. Means less double teams for Khalil Mack. 

Mods: @tonycpsu @DarinB300   Sticky please . TIA  

Seriously considering the Lions vs the Bears week 1 lol...Stafford is gonna have a good game at home and shred them in some capacity. Lions D should be improved too with Stafford at the helm. Projected low scoring game with Lions favored...good recipe for fantasy D. 

I have no faith in the bears, and their "qb competition" has me feeling very unsettled that they don't have any consistency from any guy right now. I think they're going to be a bottom-5 offense, and the defense will suffer because of it (think Pittsburgh).

26 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Seriously considering the Lions vs the Bears week 1 lol...Stafford is gonna have a good game at home and shred them in some capacity. Lions D should be improved too with Stafford at the helm. Projected low scoring game with Lions favored...good recipe for fantasy D. 

I have no faith in the bears, and their "qb competition" has me feeling very unsettled that they don't have any consistency from any guy right now. I think they're going to be a bottom-5 offense, and the defense will suffer because of it (think Pittsburgh).

Really Lions ? Nooooo bro don't do it lol. We shall continue this conversation next week, Sunday afternoon 🤙🏻

14 hours ago, lindown said:

Any doubt on patriots defense this year?

bit concerned bout the loss of some guys like van noy, hightower, chung... but with that dominant secondary elite fantasy production is possible again. Expect them to be a top5-7 fantasy D. Fins in week1 should be a safe play

one of the last to pick a defense. drafted the colts but other options on the waiver, titans (if they sign clowney), broncos, and rams, TB. thoughts on these options?

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

one of the last to pick a defense. drafted the colts but other options on the waiver, titans (if they sign clowney), broncos, and rams, TB. thoughts on these options?

I'd stick with this , pretty much nailed it. 

Off topic: Let's go Lakers , get that W today baby !!  #doitforkobe 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jkiv2O2O said:

I drafted the Eagles to stream week 1. WAS is a good matchup 

I drafted eagles as well but picked up chargers when they were dropped. It’s between them two for me as far of FAs. Lions are available but I’ll probably avoid them. 

I’m deciding between Titans and Detroit.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

I’m deciding between Titans and Detroit.

With the Clowney signing, I'd lean Titans 

On 9/4/2020 at 6:08 PM, Jkiv2O2O said:

I drafted the Eagles to stream week 1. WAS is a good matchup 

same. trying to decide if worth holding. Titans are out there and Chiefs as well who have good matchups after week 1. Which do you think are more likely to get sacks/turnovers?

Edited by vthokie3

I got PIT but they have BAL, bye, DAL weeks 7-9, is LAC a good fill in?  I know they lost Derwin James, but LAC schedule 7-9 is MIA,JAX,LV...is LAC still a top 10 or not anymore?

What is a good defense to pair with New England?  Looking to fill the bye week (week 6):

Options include :

Tennessee (vs Houston)

Cleveland (@ Pitt)

Houston (@ Tennessee)

Detroit (@ Jacksonville)

Jacksonville (vs Detroit)

Miami (@ Denver)

Carolina (vs Chicago)

Washington (@ Giants)

Arizona (@ Dallas)

On 9/6/2020 at 9:08 PM, vthokie3 said:

same. trying to decide if worth holding. Titans are out there and Chiefs as well who have good matchups after week 1. Which do you think are more likely to get sacks/turnovers?

It’s hard to say. I like the strategy of finding a different D every week then locking in one with good playoff matchups. Eagles over both of those, but I’d go with Titans over the Chiefs. Lot of new pieces in Denver, may take time to sort it out 

• Like 1

Anybody have thoughts on Washington this year? Don’t laugh just yet. Ol “River Boat” Ron Will right this defensive ship. Drafted that specimen Chase Young in the first round.

They have a nasty DLine. Sweat, Allen, Young, Linebacker group is Okay and DBs are solid. If their front seven can get pressure watch out. 

How does everyone feel about the Lions defense vs. the Bears this week at home?  The Lions defense isn't expected to be that good but I've seen them ranked as high as #6 for this week on some fantasy websites..

24 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

How does everyone feel about the Lions defense vs. the Bears this week at home?  The Lions defense isn't expected to be that good but I've seen them ranked as high as #6 for this week on some fantasy websites..

Starting to think it might be more so that the other fantasy defenses below Lions are hard to rank with projected "tough matchups" and the Bears seem to be a no-brainer "easy" matchup. Also Stafford is back, which should help the defense.

However, Mitch has some of his best games against the Lions. Past is not indicative of present, but divisional games are always wonky. 

Currently have the Chargers, but someone dropped New Orleans (need to get off waivers), and the Rams are sitting in FA pool. Really not interested in streaming this year except for bye week. Which D do you think will be a season long hold? I'm very interested in the Rams because I know they have a lot of playmakers and have been in Top 5 for the past few seasons. Chargers got some nice additions but then lost Derwin James. The Saints are always solid. Tough choice.

Edited by FitzMagic

19 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Currently have the Chargers, but someone dropped New Orleans (need to get off waivers), and the Rams are sitting in FA pool. Really not interested in streaming this year except for bye week. Which D do you think will be a season long hold? I'm very interested in the Rams because I know they have a lot of playmakers and have been in Top 5 for the past few seasons. Chargers got some nice additions but then lost Derwin James. The Saints are always solid. Tough choice.

I’d probably lean towards Saints.  According to FFtoolbox Saints have easiest DST schedule.  Rams have 4th easiest and Chargers 30th. 

• Thanks 1

Koo or Blankenship? Both high total games. Koo @ home in a dome

Edited by vthokie3