RunCMC

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

12 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

Dolphins, Seattle, saints

Which 2 defenses would you prioritize for ROS and playoffs? Dolphins have A1 matchups coming up but they just laid an egg against Denver. Idk if I fully trust Seattle but their schedule is nice and someone recently dropped saints and they’re rolling 

Saints I think and then Dolphins. Seahawks are boom bust but seem to make plays despite giving up boatloads of yards and points.

Anyone scared of playing the Dolphins against...the Jets? I know I know- but the Jets have played better lately with Flacco and have not been a crazy target for defenses lately.

Chargers blow on defense so not surprised they almost choked the game away. Just worried about Phins on the road twice and laying a huge egg in Denver, like this guy above just mentioned. Not sure where the pass rush is anymore with Dolphins.

Jets look OK at running the ball, which is Miami weakness. Fortunately, it's just Frank Gore out there. Dolphins are elite at covering receivers, which is where Jets have some dangerous weapons. 

Other option is Rams vs. 49ers, but afraid that Shanny just has McVay's number even with his backups. Ram's got 0 points or anything when they played Rams with Jimmy G.

Games at home. 

23 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Anyone think defenses playing NYJ isn't an absolute homerun anymore? Flacco has been putting up points!

Concerned as well due to my above post, but I do think Dolphins match up well vs. Jets. Jets WRs are average and Miami covers the WR well. Frank Gore is not good enough to exploit Miami...but Miami needs to move the ball.

On 11/21/2020 at 1:41 PM, herschel said:

week 12 help?  who do you guys like?

dallas vs was

was at dallas

sea at philly

giants at cinci

Giants. No Burrow

• Like 1

I would stay away from the Dallas game. 

There are some great options this week:

Giants DST @ Cinci - No Burrow and terrible Oline

Packers DST vs Chicago - Possibly no Foles or Trubisky. Chicago might have to play a third stringer. But even if Foles or Trubisky play, I think Packers are a solid start. My issue with them is they never play as well as they should. 

Rams vs SF - Mullens is starting, but SF might get Samuel and Mostert back.

If Foles and Trubisky are out I’d probably put GB at the top. Then I’d go NYG. Rams defense is solid but I think SF is the most capable offense of the three I listed. Also, Rams play better real life defense than fantasy defense. 

• Like 1

not sure if ill be able to snag giants off waivers as i am sure they will be a hot pick up this week.  if not, who do people like in the boys/skins game, dallas at home or washington?

46 minutes ago, herschel said:

not sure if ill be able to snag giants off waivers as i am sure they will be a hot pick up this week.  if not, who do people like in the boys/skins game, dallas at home or washington?

Id go Washington if I had to choose, but go with Packers or Rams ahead of them. Got to remember it is nearly December, playing in a dome like Dallas is going to favor the offenses.

Edited by LionKid90

14 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Id go Washington if I had to choose, but go with Packers or Rams ahead of them. Got to remember it is nearly December, playing in a dome like Dallas is going to favor the offenses.

thanks, that was my thinking as well....unfortunately both the rams and packers are owned.

Have Saints but Bears are on waivers. Already clinched playoffs so it's just week 15/16 that matters.

Saints have KC/Min

Bears have Min/Jax

Want to make the swap but Saints have looked really good

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

Have Saints but Bears are on waivers. Already clinched playoffs so it's just week 15/16 that matters.

Saints have KC/Min

Bears have Min/Jax

Want to make the swap but Saints have looked really good

I'd probably take Bears over the Saints for those weeks just because you would need to find another option for week 15 with the Saints.

I'm trying to plan for a week 14 stash for my first round of the playoffs...looking at either the Chiefs vs Miami or 49ers vs Washington. What are people's thoughts there?

12 hours ago, LionKid90 said:

Packers in theory sound good against Bears and whoever plays QB. But the Pack just isn’t very good defensively. They get gashed on the run. The only decent performance they had this year was against week 2 in Detroit. Weeks 9 and 10 against supposedly terrible SF and Jax was pathetic. 

32 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'd probably take Bears over the Saints for those weeks just because you would need to find another option for week 15 with the Saints.

I'm trying to plan for a week 14 stash for my first round of the playoffs...looking at either the Chiefs vs Miami or 49ers vs Washington. What are people's thoughts there?

I like the niners if they're looking healthy, are Chiefs at home?

Edited by vthokie3

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

I like the niners if they're looking healthy, are Chiefs at home?

Chiefs are at Miami. It's tough because Alex Smith doesn't seem to turn the ball over much, and the Niners haven't really been good lately. Tua is probably more turnover prone, but Miami's offense hasn't been terrible in general.

Trying not to overthink things here, but it's hard.....

Do I go with ....

Pittsburgh vs. Bal

or

NY Giants vs. Cin

Steelers had a huge game against the Ravens last time. Can they do it again? 

I’m loving Giants & Rams D this week.

LA home vs Mullens lead 9ers

Opportunistic Giants vs 3rd string QB + terrible O-line

Be careful with Washington D. On paper it’s a great matchup. But check their game logs.

Play great @ Home but so & so on the road.

Dalton is back and the Cowboys are somewhat stabilizing. 

Thanksgiving day, I think they show up.

Edited by RunCMC