RunCMC

2020 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

On 9/10/2020 at 11:13 AM, CallMeBrady said:

Wt about the kc defense with the iffy weather today? 

I went with them- solid if not unspectacular risk averse decision. Felt most confident in year over year trends with them. 

On 9/10/2020 at 6:23 PM, FitzMagic said:

Currently have the Chargers, but someone dropped New Orleans (need to get off waivers), and the Rams are sitting in FA pool. Really not interested in streaming this year except for bye week. Which D do you think will be a season long hold? I'm very interested in the Rams because I know they have a lot of playmakers and have been in Top 5 for the past few seasons. Chargers got some nice additions but then lost Derwin James. The Saints are always solid. Tough choice.

Tempted to go with Chargers > Titans this week

On 9/9/2020 at 6:43 PM, Brettg57 said:

Anybody have thoughts on Washington this year? Don’t laugh just yet. Ol “River Boat” Ron Will right this defensive ship. Drafted that specimen Chase Young in the first round.

They have a nasty DLine. Sweat, Allen, Young, Linebacker group is Okay and DBs are solid. If their front seven can get pressure watch out. 

Still... is nobody thinking Washington defense vs eagles? Now without sanders.

In regards to kicks, anyone fading Zane Gonzalez due to the uncertain nature of the San Fran matchup and the degraded air quality?

Really think TB is gonna be a top defense this week. Just don't love the matchup this week. Hope they stay under the radar so I can add them next week.

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Really think TB is gonna be a top defense this week. Just don't love the matchup this week. Hope they stay under the radar so I can add them next week.

Been thinking the same - tough Week 1 matchup means they're available almost everywhere, and their Week 2-8 schedule is perfect aside from the Packers in Week 6. 

No talk of the colts?

offense will keep Defense off the field with that offensive line. They added deforest Buckner and they play jags. Plus they have great schedule until their bye.

18 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Picked them up as a set it and forget it DST. Crossing my fingers for Game 1 but it is the first game of the season with no preseason so I'm assuming everyone is rusty.

16 hours ago, JetsAwesome said:

In regards to kicks, anyone fading Zane Gonzalez due to the uncertain nature of the San Fran matchup and the degraded air quality?

Yes, went with Boswell over him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

No talk of the colts?

offense will keep Defense off the field with that offensive line. They added deforest Buckner and they play jags. Plus they have great schedule until their bye.

Agree, love the early schedule I’m on board, at least for this week 😉

Chargers were good but KC up next. Time to move on. Thinking I might roll with TB for awhile.

7 hours ago, yanksman said:

Chargers were good but KC up next. Time to move on. Thinking I might roll with TB for awhile.

I was thinking Tampa Bay as well.

They were crushed by NO, but we have to expect better against CAR.... right?

2 hours ago, jclee4 said:

Is Washington legit?

Yes and no. Yes they have a legit DLine. No their offense won't be able to keep them in many games to keep the heat on the opposing QB.

19 hours ago, Heizz said:

I was thinking Tampa Bay as well.

They were crushed by NO, but we have to expect better against CAR.... right?

thinking the same. or the packers vs the lions

I really like Arizona this week. Most of their points came from the Eagles turning the ball over and giving them a short field. Don’t think that will be the case this week.

Cards have a sneaky good defense now. They held a pretty good Niners offense in check.

what do yall think of chiefs this weekend? going up against chargers where they probbaly have to play catch up, forcing tyrod to be not conservative 

KC, LAR, and TEN all seem like viable starts this week, but what about CLE as a sneaky play? Primetime game against Joe Burrow, with a very aggressive DLine, could definitely force him into some mistakes.  Burrow did seem quite poised, and I think will grow into a solid NFL QB, but this could be a chance for CLE to show up especially after getting embarrassed.  I will also say that CLE did a pretty decent job at stopping the run against the league's #1 rushing attack from last year in BAL, even despite getting blown out.

Edited by csv2209

Rams Cardinals Tampa Bay. Pretty good schedule for those teams in the coming weeks. 

Missed out on TB (got cute and bid $0) so I grabbed ARI. As mentioned above, both have great schedules going forward. 

Also someone dropped NE