DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

When news of Firnette being released came out I sprinted to my waiver wire and added James Robinson in almost every league, at least my leagues with deep enough bench spots that I could roster him without a problem

Looks like a good prospect but played at illinois state so his highlights are not against the best competition but shows a good ability to shed tackles, he has some good cut backs. I passed on ozigbo in a couple of leagues in favor of robinson. Ozigbo has been around a while and never flashed all that much. Robinson has been getting great reviews thus far and has a bit more breakout potential I think.

Good dynasty stash to see if he can be the next Phillip lindsay or something similar.

Rotoworld just blurbed him as potentially sharing the load week 1 already:

The Jaguars are expected to “split carries” between James Robinson and Devine Ozigbo.

Ryquell Armstead is on the COVID-19 list and was expected to “serve as a backup.” Robinson showed enough in camp for the Jaguars to move on from Leonard Fournette. Jacksonville may not have a true feature back with Chris Thompson playing third downs, but Fournette’s release opened up snaps for Robinson. It's looking like Robinson and Ozigbo are the favorites for Week 1 touches

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

He is interesting. Only 5'9" but stout at 225 lbs. His speed is not special with a 4.64 forty time, but he tested well in other more important areas--great burst score and plus agility. Broke a lot of tackles in college, but it was against pretty poor competition too. Seems like he can catch. All reports from camp said he was flashing and the coach even called him a 3 down back. He almost certain to get carries WK1, that alone is worth something in deeper leagues...if he does something with them he could become a wire option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🎵 where have you gone, Lenny Firnette / RoJo turns his lonely eyes to you/ woo woo woo/ what's that you say, Mr Robinson?/ Lenny Snaps 📸 has left and gone away/ heyheyhey ... hey hey hey 🎵

- here's hoping the kid can graduate into a starring role -

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🎵 where have you gone, Lenny Firnette / RoJo turns his lonely eyes to you/ woo woo woo/ what's that you say, Mr Robinson?/ Lenny Snaps 📸 has left and gone away/ heyheyhey ... hey hey hey 🎵

simon-and-garfunkel.jpg.cf.jpg

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Well done sir! I wish I could like this more than once. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

When news of Firnette being released came out I sprinted to my waiver wire and added James Robinson in almost every league, at least my leagues with deep enough bench spots that I could roster him without a problem

Looks like a good prospect but played at illinois state so his highlights are not against the best competition but shows a good ability to shed tackles, he has some good cut backs. I passed on ozigbo in a couple of leagues in favor of robinson. Ozigbo has been around a while and never flashed all that much. Robinson has been getting great reviews thus far and has a bit more breakout potential I think.

Good dynasty stash to see if he can be the next Phillip lindsay or something similar.

Rotoworld just blurbed him as potentially sharing the load week 1 already:

The Jaguars are expected to “split carries” between James Robinson and Devine Ozigbo.

Ryquell Armstead is on the COVID-19 list and was expected to “serve as a backup.” Robinson showed enough in camp for the Jaguars to move on from Leonard Fournette. Jacksonville may not have a true feature back with Chris Thompson playing third downs, but Fournette’s release opened up snaps for Robinson. It's looking like Robinson and Ozigbo are the favorites for Week 1 touches

Is this Pop Warner Football?

• Haha 1

I come for the tidbits of info that are easily missed.

I stay from the exaggerated reactions of strangers I'll never meet.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

The rotoworld blub says he showed enough for them to move on from Fournette. Maybe he's showing out(or maybe it's preseason coach talk) but I really wouldn't read into the Fournette release as an indication any of these RBs are any good. They're punting this season for the #1 pick. 

• Like 1

Jags are the NFL version of the longest yard movie ... Only this will be titled "The Longest Season"

It will a season long tryout period for guys to see if any of them have the makings of a football player a the NFL level. They hope to just not get embarrassed by too much. Minshew may shine in his audition as they do have some talent in the passing game but if they have a **** @ Lawrence he's toast.

RBs are auditioning to be backups for the FA the Jags sign next year but if you need an insurance policy for injury/bye week this year J. Rob might be worth a stab. Just don't fool yourself into thinking it's going to be anything more. Could be a trade piece in season tho

• Like 1

I grabbed him as a flyer so I’d like for it to work out, but his highlight tape looks like he’s moving in sand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I grabbed him as a flyer so I’d like for it to work out, but his highlight tape looks like he’s moving in sand. 

Not flashy for sure but fantasy football is about the accumulation of stats. 

When talent meets opportunity good things can happen. 

He is as good of a flyer for your last bench spot as anyone till something better pops up.

• Like 1

Jaguars GM David Caldwell said RB James Robinson's training camp played a role in the decision to release Leonard Fournette.

This backs up Doug Marrone's comments that the gap was “smaller than expected” between Robinson and Fournette. Devine Ozigbo and Ryquell Armstead (COVID-19 list) have been getting the attention, but Robinson is an FCS star that led the nation in total yards after contact (1,332) last year. Robinson is expected to split carries with Ozigbo in Week 1.

Free lotto ticket.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Jaguars GM David Caldwell said RB James Robinson's training camp played a role in the decision to release Leonard Fournette.

This backs up Doug Marrone's comments that the gap was “smaller than expected” between Robinson and Fournette. Devine Ozigbo and Ryquell Armstead (COVID-19 list) have been getting the attention, but Robinson is an FCS star that led the nation in total yards after contact (1,332) last year. Robinson is expected to split carries with Ozigbo in Week 1.

Free lotto ticket.

Smaller than expected? Between Fournette and an undrafted FCS back? This makes me chuckle lol. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Free lotto ticket.

14 team league with deep benches?

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Smaller than expected? Between Fournette and an undrafted FCS back? This makes me chuckle lol. 

It was funny. Shows how far Lenny has fallen, on the verge of pulling a trent richardson.

Like trent, he has the talent but so far lacks the heart and desire to be great.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

14 team league with deep benches?

Are you being purposefully obtuse?

Undrafted FA RB getting rave reviews from coach and GM and said his training camp was a big factor in releasing fournette.

Are you new to fantasy football or more accustomed to 6-8 team leagues?

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Are you being purposefully obtuse?

Undrafted FA RB getting rave reviews from coach and GM and said his training camp was a big factor in releasing fournette.

Are you new to fantasy football or more accustomed to 6-8 team leagues?

I just don’t see a spot for him in a 12 team league unless you drafted really lousy bench players. What about Ozigbo and the Freeman visit?

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

I just don’t see a spot for him in a 12 team league unless you drafted really lousy bench players. What about Ozigbo and the Freeman visit?

If Freeman had a good workout yesterday, I assume the Jags will sign him.  Not sure that Robinson is worth a roster spot right now unless it's a very deep league.

5 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Freeman visiting is worth monitoring.

Ozigbo has been around for a while, he is a known quantity and I think is a decent backup but I just try and read between the lines. If the coach and GM were saying that they felt good about releasing fournette because of ozigbo I'd probably be crushing on devine but they are pumping up james robinson and even though he played in the FCS he was excellent at breaking tackles which we know translates well to the NFL.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It was funny. Shows how far Lenny has fallen, on the verge of pulling a trent richardson.

Like trent, he has the talent but so far lacks the heart and desire to be great.

Yep. Like you said the other day, it’s time for him to sink or swim. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I had a pretty solid draft, and cut the guy on the end of my bench to pick up Armstead...then dropped him for Anderson. And my draft was graded as an A+, and I’m currently projected to have the highest week 1 point total in my league.

Edited by Flyman75

17 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I had a pretty solid draft, and cut the guy on the end of my bench to pick up Armstead...then dropped him for Anderson. And my draft was graded as an A+, and I’m currently projected to have the highest week 1 point total in my league.

Good for you 

• Haha 1