DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

  1. Praised by his coaches and teammates. 
  2. Starting RB with almost no competition.
  3. Going almost for free.
  4. No risk to signing him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol I'm firing him up. I left my draft with Rojo as my RB2 after Kamara. My only other guys are Tevin Coleman and Joshua Kelley. I like the workload this guy should get and I think they try and get him going this week. Would be amazing if he became an every week RB2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Oh boy...another positive tidbit from Gruden. Looking like a RB2 start more and more...adjust the ranks? 

 

I so badly want to plug him into my lineup already.  I reached on Mostart rho for my flex so I am really struggling with flexing Robinson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am starting him this week, but I almost want him to face-plant just for the comments in this thread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

I am starting him this week, but I almost want him to face-plant just for the comments in this thread.

 

tenor.gif

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, I keep trying to resist flexing him, trying to remind myself not to fall for the hype...

but getting dangerously close to putting him in over Anthony Miller or Bryan Edwards. 

As a Skins fan, Gruden taught me he usually tells it like it is, and doesn’t sugarcoat things (notorious for opening criticizing Kirk in pressers). Leads me to believe there may actually be something behind all this JRob praise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So all the positive comments about this cat lately, it makes me wonder. Is he worth keeping over some guy’s, for instance Cohen, Coleman, etc.? 
 

The only competition he has at this point is third down work he will concede to Thompson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brettg57 said:

So all the positive comments about this cat lately, it makes me wonder. Is he worth keeping over some guy’s, for instance Cohen, Coleman, etc.? 
 

The only competition he has at this point is third down work he will concede to Thompson.

 

Yep, I'd take him over cohen or coleman.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

"My biggest surprise with him is his ability to catch the ball and block. He’s a great blocker; he has great hands. He’s picked up everything extremely well," Gruden said. 

"[Running Backs] Coach Robiskie’s done an outstanding job with him, but James has really taken it to a level for a rookie free agent, not getting the reps early in camp, to really dominate in the reps that he did get and really turning our heads and that’s the key to a rookie free agent making the team. Evolving into a starter is almost impossible without any preseason games, but he made us all feel very comfortable about it with his ability to do the right thing and then when he does have the ball, he makes something happen.”

 

 

Im not going to let this guy explode on my bench. Starting in all leagues and formats. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

James "No nonsense" Robinson is about to blow up. Drafted him with my last pick on Labor Day after a quick google search had him on top of the depth chart. This year's Philip Lindsay for free! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

If you were drafting today, with everything we’ve heard and seen so far with Robinson, it’s hard to argue that he wouldn’t go in the 20-25 range of RBs taken. Things change quickly in the NFL and smart owners adapt their plans when new information is made available. In this case I don’t see how Robinson wouldn’t be more valuable than most of the rookie RBs going in that range like Akers, Dobbins, Swift etc

So in my opinion, yes—he’s more valuable than Cohen, Coleman, all those guys based purely on his opportunity and upside. He has all the ingredients you want besides the big college and draft pedigree, which does dick for you when it comes to actually playing the game of football. 
 

Anyone betting against Robinson since he was in high school has busted on those bets. Just to be in the position he is in now separates him from a lot of guys who have tried to do the same and failed. I’m thinking there might be enough now to bet on him moving forward, and that’s what I’ll be doing until we get new information to suggest otherwise. 

 

200_d.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

If you were drafting today, with everything we’ve heard and seen so far with Robinson, it’s hard to argue that he wouldn’t go in the 20-25 range of RBs taken. Things change quickly in the NFL and smart owners adapt their plans when new information is made available. In this case I don’t see how Robinson wouldn’t be more valuable than most of the rookie RBs going in that range like Akers, Dobbins, Swift etc

So in my opinion, yes—he’s more valuable than Cohen, Coleman, all those guys based purely on his opportunity and upside. He has all the ingredients you want besides the big college and draft pedigree, which does dick for you when it comes to actually playing the game of football. 
 

Anyone betting against Robinson since he was in high school has busted on those bets. Just to be in the position he is in now separates him from a lot of guys who have tried to do the same and failed. I’m thinking there might be enough now to bet on him moving forward, and that’s what I’ll be doing until we get new information to suggest otherwise. 

Okay chill I'll put him in my flex jeez.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would draft Robinson over Akers, Dobbins, Swift, ect. Why not? Atleast he starts and is Hungry to start his Legendary NFL HOF Career.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, collucho said:

Okay chill I'll put him in my flex jeez.

 

I know right... I'm just over here thinking how do I get him in my starting lineup over my 2x RBs and flex RB that I drafted all 3 before pick 60?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I would draft Robinson over Akers, Dobbins, Swift, ect. Why not? Atleast he starts and is Hungry to start his Legendary NFL HOF Career.

 

First part is so true.  Second part hopefully is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I would draft Robinson over Akers, Dobbins, Swift, ect. Why not? Atleast he starts and is Hungry to start his Legendary NFL HOF Career.

Hey, some high picks are hungry. Look at Eddie Lacy. He ate his way right out of the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Hey, some high picks are hungry. Look at Eddie Lacy. He ate his way right out of the league.

Its the 5th string Undrafted Rookies that are hungrier. but yea Lacy was def " hungry"

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, yall gonna be feeling that Jay Gruden burn come Monday if you fire this dude up.

 

He was an UDFA and was 4th string RB on this team before...

 

1.  Ryquell got COVID

2.  Devine landed on IR with his hand or whatever it was

 

Now Gruden and the boys just trying to hype him up for early down work to keep them looking away from CT25.

 

I'm looking for a stat line of something like 12 carries for 40 yards and 1 reception for 5 yards.

 

And if you're cutting Cohen for this guy I would beat you down with mockery so bad you'd quit my league 4 sure.  You wouldn't be able to show your face at the drafts anymore.  Yeah, we still do that.  COVID is in the rear view suckas!

 

Bottom line, this dude gonna get a handful of carries, but him converting one for a score is what you're banking on to salvage a fantasy day which he's probably got a 33% chance of doing, so it's not impossible.  

 

I'll be firing up CT25 myself and enjoying my 7 catches for 50 yards and also a 33% chance at a TD.  I doubt this team is gonna be doing too much establishing of the run when they're down 24-3 at half time though.

 

Bottom line you got a gamble for nothing, don't go throw him away just yet, hold and see, but good luck cutting Cohen or starting this dude week 1 lol.

 

We'll see though, good luck JRob truthers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

lol, yall gonna be feeling that Jay Gruden burn come Monday if you fire this dude up.

 

He was an UDFA and was 4th string RB on this team before...

 

1.  Ryquell got COVID

2.  Devine landed on IR with his hand or whatever it was...

 

 

 

If my memory serves me correctly, which it rarely does if you ask my wife, he was named starter prior to Devine ending up on IR. 

 

Not saying he is going to hit the fantasy jackpot, but wanted to clarify. 

Edited by pdizzle710
Validity
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

lol, yall gonna be feeling that Jay Gruden burn come Monday if you fire this dude up.

 

He was an UDFA and was 4th string RB on this team before...

 

1.  Ryquell got COVID

2.  Devine landed on IR with his hand or whatever it was

 

Now Gruden and the boys just trying to hype him up for early down work to keep them looking away from CT25.

 

I'm looking for a stat line of something like 12 carries for 40 yards and 1 reception for 5 yards.

 

And if you're cutting Cohen for this guy I would beat you down with mockery so bad you'd quit my league 4 sure.  You wouldn't be able to show your face at the drafts anymore.  Yeah, we still do that.  COVID is in the rear view suckas!

 

Bottom line, this dude gonna get a handful of carries, but him converting one for a score is what you're banking on to salvage a fantasy day which he's probably got a 33% chance of doing, so it's not impossible.  

 

I'll be firing up CT25 myself and enjoying my 7 catches for 50 yards and also a 33% chance at a TD.  I doubt this team is gonna be doing too much establishing of the run when they're down 24-3 at half time though.

 

Bottom line you got a gamble for nothing, don't go throw him away just yet, hold and see, but good luck cutting Cohen or starting this dude week 1 lol.

 

We'll see though, good luck JRob truthers.

You seem just delightful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Damn, I keep trying to resist flexing him, trying to remind myself not to fall for the hype...

but getting dangerously close to putting him in over Anthony Miller or Bryan Edwards. 

As a Skins fan, Gruden taught me he usually tells it like it is, and doesn’t sugarcoat things (notorious for opening criticizing Kirk in pressers). Leads me to believe there may actually be something behind all this JRob praise. 

 

😂😂 Edwards and Miller 😂😂. Robinson is a no brainer between them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

lol, yall gonna be feeling that Jay Gruden burn come Monday if you fire this dude up.

 

He was an UDFA and was 4th string RB on this team before...

 

1.  Ryquell got COVID

2.  Devine landed on IR with his hand or whatever it was

 

Now Gruden and the boys just trying to hype him up for early down work to keep them looking away from CT25.

 

I'm looking for a stat line of something like 12 carries for 40 yards and 1 reception for 5 yards.

 

And if you're cutting Cohen for this guy I would beat you down with mockery so bad you'd quit my league 4 sure.  You wouldn't be able to show your face at the drafts anymore.  Yeah, we still do that.  COVID is in the rear view suckas!

 

Bottom line, this dude gonna get a handful of carries, but him converting one for a score is what you're banking on to salvage a fantasy day which he's probably got a 33% chance of doing, so it's not impossible.  

 

I'll be firing up CT25 myself and enjoying my 7 catches for 50 yards and also a 33% chance at a TD.  I doubt this team is gonna be doing too much establishing of the run when they're down 24-3 at half time though.

 

Bottom line you got a gamble for nothing, don't go throw him away just yet, hold and see, but good luck cutting Cohen or starting this dude week 1 lol.

 

We'll see though, good luck JRob truthers.

He was named starter before Devine got injured. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.