DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Jags fan here and it's crazy how much hype this thread has on him. But I hope you guys are right! Contemplating whether I should drop Kerryon or Slayton for him.

Edited by jagsfan05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pdizzle710 said:

 

If my memory serves me correctly, which it rarely does if you ask my wife, he was named starter prior to Devine ending up on IR. Ryquell had missed a few practices (2nd time in offseaon) before but was not on the COVID list before he was named starter too. 

 

Not saying he is going to hit the fantasy jackpot, but wanted to clarify a few things. 

 

You might be right, but when I was following these camp battles He wasn't ahead of them according to beat writers in late August, they weren't even saying his name, when I was following.  First thing I heard about him was when bodies started dropping first week of September around the 1st or 2nd. 

 


 

Running back depth shouldn’t be an issue

....

 

In 2020, there will be no confusion on either side of the coin. It has been clear throughout the days at training camp that several running backs have begun to emerge on the depth chart, most recently, second-year player Devine Ozigbo. Sporting No. 33 this season, Ozigbo has shined in drills, making his cuts effortlessly, and finding plenty of room as a receiver out of the backfield.

With the Jaguars getting Armstead back and other players to round out the group, including veteran Chris Thompson, offensive coordinator Jay Gruden should have no issues rotating players in and out of the lineup as his offense dictates.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

Stick to tea bagging your water bro.  

 

You probably haven't seen Jags ever play a live game.

 

They're what you think they are.  JAGs.


I also worry that people may be underestimating the Jacksonville sucks factor here.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Jags fan here and it's crazy how much hype this thread has on him. But I hope you guys are right! Contemplating whether I should drop Kerryon or Slayton for him.

 

I don't get the hype on his ability.  He doesn't look like anything special in his highlights.  I do get the hype on opportunity, and carries are the engine to fantasy RB production.

We'll see.  If he can keep the job and do 80% of what Fournette did, that's a 1300 yard RB.  And hopefully he will get more than 3 TDs.  That would be incredible for a late round flier.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Jags fan here and it's crazy how much hype this thread has on him. But I hope you guys are right! Contemplating whether I should drop Kerryon or Slayton for him.

Your not a real Jags fan if you dont understand the hype!  Get Hype Bro!

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t be taking advice from anyone who didn’t know Robinson was already listed #1 on depth chart before the Ozigbo injury. If Ozigbo was flashing in practice and Robinson STILL beat him out, what’s that tell you about Robinson? 

 

Money time 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be careful.  This team will be in a negative game script all year, and they have an established passing downs back(rapport with OC). 

Pick him up (as I did), but slow your roll

Edited by SuperMarksBros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Be careful.  This team will be in a negative game script all year, and they have an established passing downs back(rapport with OC). 

Pick him up (as I did), but slow your roll

 

Hype trains do not simply "slow their roll".  All aboard if this train hasn't already left the station!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SuperMarksBros. said:

Be careful.  This team will be in a negative game script all year, and they have an established passing downs back(rapport with OC). 

Pick him up (as I did), but slow your roll

Get your logic out of here. Air brakes are off on this train, there is no stopping it.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Get your logic out of here. Air brakes are off on this train, there is no stopping it.

Right! I mean he is looking like a good FLEX play for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaguars OC Jay Gruden confirmed that James Robinson will start Week 1 and “can handle the workload.”

“He’s ready. We have every indication that we’ve seen in training camp that he can handle it,” Gruden said. “Evolving into a starter is almost impossible without preseason games, but he made us all feel very comfortable.” Gruden also talked up Robinson's pass-catching and blocking, though we expect Chris Thompson to spell him on third downs. Robinson could potentially see Leonard Fournette’s 83 percent snap rate as the new lead back in Jacksonville.

 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kp96 said:

 

I don't get the hype on his ability.  He doesn't look like anything special in his highlights.  I do get the hype on opportunity, and carries are the engine to fantasy RB production.

We'll see.  If he can keep the job and do 80% of what Fournette did, that's a 1300 yard RB.  And hopefully he will get more than 3 TDs.  That would be incredible for a late round flier.

Looks like a tough between the tackle runner with great vision. Chris Thompson specifically praised his ability to find the hole and Gruden said he makes things happen once he gets the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Looks like a tough between the tackle runner with great vision. Chris Thompson specifically praised his ability to find the hole and Gruden said he makes things happen once he gets the ball. 

 

All runners look like they have great vision in their highlights.  Does he see the hole 90% of the time or 60%?  You can't tell that in the highlights.  Also, he was running against poor competition, which made it easier to outrun them, break tackles, etc.

We'll get an answer to that on Sunday.  Fingers crossed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kp96 said:

 

All runners look like they have great vision in their highlights.  Does he see the hole 90% of the time or 60%?  You can't tell that in the highlights.  Also, he was running against poor competition, which made it easier to outrun them, break tackles, etc.

We'll get an answer to that on Sunday.  Fingers crossed.

Those are his strengths. Vision and toughness. He isn't the fastest straight line runner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

Jags fan here and it's crazy how much hype this thread has on him. But I hope you guys are right! Contemplating whether I should drop Kerryon or Slayton for him.

I'm not going to comment on your specific situation as to avoid starting a wsis avalanche, but I will say he has the starting job and is going to be given every opportunity to run with it.

 

None of us know how he'll handle this opportunity or if the team will be so bad it won't matter. But again, he currently has the opportunity. That is HUGE in fantasy football. And we're going to immediately find out whether we can move on or ride this pony instead of waiting half a season. Fun hype aside, I don't think enough people are truly appreciating how valuable a situation we've got on our hands, even if there are real concerns. Outside of extremely small and shallow leagues, I think it's obvious he's a guy you HAVE to roster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Struggling between JRob and White in PPR

AC, but I'd go White. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been distraught about missing this guy on waivers all week. Just shipped Deandre Hopkins for him. I'm pretty deep at WR anyways. YOLO!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, owenmills said:

I've been distraught about missing this guy on waivers all week. Just shipped Deandre Hopkins for him. I'm pretty deep at WR anyways. YOLO!

Wow, I would love to score Hopkins for Robinson. I would be so excited I would probably hit deny by mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Wow, I would love to score Hopkins for Robinson. I would be so excited I would probably hit deny by mistake.

Sorry, I mistyped. It was Deandre Washington I sent over

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.