DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

Good for you 

Is that the best you have? Lol. You said the only reason to pick him up was if you have a “really lousy” bench. I gave an example to refute that. My bad for throwing ice on your hot take. Lol. 

• Like 1

I'm officially intrigued.

Cut Fournette and let Freeman walk, with Armistead on the Covid list?

I think they really like this guy.  They will of course be terrible.  Thompson is sure to take the 3rd down work.  Ozigbo could be a factor.  But at this stage of the game, who else is hanging out on the waiver wire in most leagues who COULD take a job and run with it for a OC like Gruden who in the past has used workhorse backs?

• Like 1

Just now, yanksman said:

Would you guys stash Robinson over Ozigbo?

I am thinking so.  Just be prepared to pivot, or obviously cut bait on the whole situation should an option on a not terrible team emerge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Would you guys stash Robinson over Ozigbo?

yes ... the intrigue/upside lies here in the Robinson camp. 

• Like 4

I am getting shades of 2012 Alfred Morris from this guy and his situation... now can Minshew pull an RG3 type year? Doubtful on this tanking team but there’s some upside for rb2/3 value here if they really do like Robinson and give him the lions share of the carries. 

I’m getting to the place where I’m betting no one in this backfield gets 150 carries nor tops 600 rushing yards. I’ve got a share of Mr. Anderson, but I suspect this backfield will be a total mess all season. 

23 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I’m getting to the place where I’m betting no one in this backfield gets 150 carries nor tops 600 rushing yards. I’ve got a share of Mr. Anderson, but I suspect this backfield will be a total mess all season. 

Typically when you're unsure of who is going to start and there is no clear cut guy on a bad team, they all end up somewhere between 200-700 yards.

See the Lions last year after KJ's injury, RoJo/Barber, PIT after Conner went down, Atlanta's entire backfield, etc.

I have pretty much zero confidence the Jags are turning one of these unknown guys, in this offense, into someone I would ever feel confident starting.

3 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Typically when you're unsure of who is going to start and there is no clear cut guy on a bad team, they all end up somewhere between 200-700 yards.

See the Lions last year after KJ's injury, RoJo/Barber, PIT after Conner went down, Atlanta's entire backfield, etc.

I have pretty much zero confidence the Jags are turning one of these unknown guys, in this offense, into someone I would ever feel confident starting.

I don’t the goal for many of us is to have a starter out of this backfield. I think the hope is one of two things...someone to fill in for a bye week or injury...or someone we can flip as a sweetener in a trade. For me, I’m hoping for a small window to shop him to another team as part of a deal, but we’ll see what happens. In any case, it’s doubtful that Robinson is on my team for very long. 

34 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Don’t know why I said “Anderson”. Lol!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Who is Mr. anderson?

59 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Ha, this is funny. Last year in the finals due to injuries and other factors I was starting RBs like Boston Scott and WRs like Greg Ward.

Don't discount what a guy can do when given an opportunity despite the bad situations. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Yes, agree with this general sentiment. But it feels like Robinson is the goal line option (at least until Armstead returns).  This might make him startable as a flex vs the Colts in week 1?  Due to the uncertainty of roles/# of touches for week 1, I may end up starting him as a flex over Dobbins, Akers, Diontae Johnson or a TE.  But by week 2 or 3, Robinson would likely be on the bench, used as a Covid scratch replacement, or dropped.

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Who is Mr. anderson?

I know you saw the post right above yours. Lol. 

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ha, this is funny. Last year in the finals due to injuries and other factors I was starting RBs like Boston Scott and WRs like Greg Ward.

Don't discount what a guy can do when given an opportunity despite the bad situations. 

Boston Scott and Greg Ward are on a good team. And if you kept them the entirety of the season you would pretty much wasted two roster spots.

Point being that unknown random RBs on terrible teams (not PHI) are almost always useless.

Keep in mind that Arian Foster, the name brought up here multiple times, was on a good offense with the #2 offensive line in the league in 2010. Jacksonville's offense is terrible, their OLine is bottom tier, and they are not going to be in many positive game scripts.

Give me a flier on a good offense like McKinnon, Jamaal Williams or AJ Dillon, Malcolm Brown or Darrell Henderson, etc. over an UDFA on the Jags every time.

Edited by Ruut6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ruut6 said:

Boston Scott and Greg Ward are on a good team. And if you kept them the entirety of the season you would pretty much wasted two roster spots. Not to mention those guys were actually on good teams.

Point being that unknown random RBs on terrible teams (not PHI) are almost always useless.

Keep in mind that Arian Foster, the name brought up here multiple times, was on a good offense with the #2 offensive line in the league in 2010. Jacksonville's offense is terrible, their OLine is bottom tier, and they are not going to be in many positive game scripts.

Give me a flier on a good offense like McKinnon, Jamaal Williams or AJ Dillon, Malcolm Brown or Darrell Henderson, etc. over an UDFA on the Jags every time.

im not saying this robinson guy is going to put up similar numbers but last season fournette averaged 4.5 ypc on 265 carries 

1 minute ago, Flyers_28 said:

im not saying this robinson guy is going to put up similar numbers but last season fournette averaged 4.5 ypc on 265 carries 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, EWV1 said:

Yes, agree with this general sentiment. But it feels like Robinson is the goal line option (at least until Armstead returns).  This might make him startable as a flex vs the Colts in week 1?  Due to the uncertainty of roles/# of touches for week 1, I may end up starting him as a flex over Dobbins, Akers, Diontae Johnson or a TE.  But by week 2 or 3, Robinson would likely be on the bench, used as a Covid scratch replacement, or dropped.

How do we know Robinson is the goal line option over Ozigbo? We have to wait and see what the usage is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Boston Scott and Greg Ward are on a good team. And if you kept them the entirety of the season you would pretty much wasted two roster spots.

That's fine, nobody is pumping him as a frontline starter, if you like other flyers over him then that is fine. There is reason for optimism with him though. Thompson has never stayed healthy, ozigbo is a jag and the coach and GM said Jrob is what made releasing fournette easier. If you are reading between the lines there is an opportunity there and they are talking up JRob.

You dismiss the Jags offense and I do not. Their OLine is not as bad as AZ was last year and their running game was fine. jay Gruden runs an open offense and his RBs generally produce reasonable fantasy production. Minshew I think is a pretty good QB, chark is a legit WR threat, they will be in games where they need to score and they said they think James Robinson can be a 3 down back. 

There is as much potential for robinson as any of those other fliers. 

If GB released Aaron Jones and said AJ dillon made that decision easier then if be in the AJ dillon thread saying the same things. There is smoke around robinson right now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have no issue with people stashing Robinson, but I don’t know how anyone can make comments like ‘ozigbo is a jag’ when making a case for it. Is Robinson not? I’m not sure anyone knows enough about either guy yet. Someone will end up the ‘lead back’ though, and that in itself is worth something in deeper leagues at least.

5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I have no issue with people stashing Robinson, but I don’t know how anyone can make comments like ‘ozigbo is a jag’ when making a case for it. Is Robinson not? I’m not sure anyone knows enough about either guy yet. Someone will end up the ‘lead back’ though, and that in itself is worth something in deeper leagues at least.

Again, it is all speculation but...

The coach and GM didn't say "Devine Ozigbo made the decision to release Fournette easier" they said that about JRob. 

Ozigbo was on the team last year and had 9 for 27. Maybe he isn't a jag but in the guessing game that is fantasy football more signs are pointing at JRob, like most end of bench flyers it's worth watching the first week or two to see what happens or what shakes out.

26 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's fine, nobody is pumping him as a frontline starter, if you like other flyers over him then that is fine. There is reason for optimism with him though. Thompson has never stayed healthy, ozigbo is a jag and the coach and GM said Jrob is what made releasing fournette easier. If you are reading between the lines there is an opportunity there and they are talking up JRob.

You dismiss the Jags offense and I do not. Their OLine is not as bad as AZ was last year and their running game was fine. jay Gruden runs an open offense and his RBs generally produce reasonable fantasy production. Minshew I think is a pretty good QB, chark is a legit WR threat, they will be in games where they need to score and they said they think James Robinson can be a 3 down back. 

There is as much potential for robinson as any of those other fliers. 

If GB released Aaron Jones and said AJ dillon made that decision easier then if be in the AJ dillon thread saying the same things. There is smoke around robinson right now.

Thanks for bringing Robinson.to my attention, you make great points. If it doesn’t happen it’s easy to move on, but I also find this RB in Jay Gruden’s offense very intriguing 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, owenmills said:

They are both Jags😂🤣 literally  all thats known 

Edited by hard1