DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

It was a fair performance.   TBD once they have other, more pedigreed options  

don't wanna live in a world where Ozibingobongo and Armstead are deemed as pedigreed 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Time to sell high on Robinson. Get back something more secure. 

I doubt other owners will be looking to trade for Robinson since he is still relatively unknown. Your best bet is to keep him and feel good about getting an RB3 for free. He could have RB2 upside, we have to get more of a sample size. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

@pastorofmuppets2

hey, is jax going to be parlay gold next few weeks until its figured out by vegas?  Im thinking so, people are sleepin

21 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Titans on the short week, divisional game ... gimme the points here, no question 👍

Are the jags better than we thought or the colts worse than we thought? Seems colts were supposed to have a good defense and one of the best OLs, but jags shut them down

Just now, ponchsox said:

I doubt other owners will be looking to trade for Robinson since he is still relatively unknown. Your best bet is to keep him and feel good about getting an RB3 for free. He could have RB2 upside, we have to get more of a sample size. 

I agree. Unknown options at RB/WR tend to be near impossible to trade for good value because a lot of fantasy owners will view them as a flash in the pan. Most owners only feel comfortable trading for known assets that are having a big year (buying in) or down year (buying low).

What we learned is he may be just as good as Leonard Fournette, which isn't saying much for Leonard Fournette.

1 minute ago, pbjfb said:

Are the jags better than we thought or the colts worse than we thought? Seems colts were supposed to have a good defense and one of the best OLs, but jags shut them down

as with all "chicken/egg" posits, there's a modicum of substance to both viewpoints ... but i was up in here touting the Jags, especially when i saw the Colts o-line was hurting just a bit ... home dog in a tough divisional rivalry in week 1?   yes, plz. 

• Thanks 1

I had him on my bench but I'm encouraged by usage and how he did against a really good run defense. Colts defense was great at stopping the run last year and got better with the addition of Buckner. I'm more willing to believe that the Jags aren't as bad as we thought and Robinson can be effective than the Colts defense is now bad.

Even if they sign Freeman, I think it will be in a veteran backup role. My guess is that's why they didn't get deal done to begin with. He probably wants to be the guy. He wasn't that good last year and he's had multiple concussions. He's not a bell cow anymore. He should take what he can get.

18 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Time to sell high on Robinson. Get back something more secure. 

Nobody is going to be buying high on Robinson right now. It'll take some injuries along the way and a team with a thin backfield for anyone to give fair value for Robinson...and it might not happen even then. 

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

as with all "chicken/egg" posits, there's a modicum of substance to both viewpoints ... but i was up in here touting the Jags, especially when i saw the Colts o-line was hurting just a bit ... home dog in a tough divisional rivalry in week 1?   yes, plz. 

Lest we forget what Henry usually does to the the jacksonville kitty cats

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lest we forget what Henry usually does to the the jacksonville kitty cats

Good point but hes only one player, henry can put up 2 tds, but jax can still cover the spread

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Nobody is going to be buying high on Robinson right now. It'll take some injuries along the way and a team with a thin backfield for anyone to give fair value for Robinson...and it might not happen even then. 

Best chance of getting value for Robinson would be if he has a solid outing week 2, then package him with another player in a 2 for 1 deal. But most likely outcome is to enjoy the free waiver ride for as long as it lasts. 

37 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

He managed to take the starting role because of a surprise release, Covid, and injury.  

It was a fair performance.   TBD once they have other, more pedigreed options  

I think this is a poor take. Reminds me of the Chris Carson situation a few years back. The way the coaches and players talk about this guy makes me think we have something special. The first carry you can see his vision and burst through the hole. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I think this is a poor take. Reminds me of the Chris Carson situation a few years back. The way the coaches and players talk about this guy makes me think we have something special. The first carry you can see his vision and burst through the hole. 

there are no poor takes just poor people 

3 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I like what I saw. Mid to end game colts really stiffened up against the run and he was getting hit in the backfield which isn’t a great sign but- defenses will need to take minshew seriously. Looks like minshew has also improved this offseason.

that reception and hurdle was beautiful- great effort and fluid and this guy looks like an undrafted and fantasy steal IMO

3 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Am i the only one who cant see vids from links posted, when i click it says content blocked by nfl

Same here.

Watched the above highlights and was presently surprised. 

I thought he'd be more of a "plodder"... he's stout but showed some good vision and cuts. He looked like he had soft hands on that reception, hopefully Gruden will call more passes to JRob. Towards the end of the game, the Colts knew what time it was and were stacking the box to prevent the run. If Chark + Laviska prove to be trouble, it will only open lanes up for our guy. Would love to see him take over this backfield and relegate Armstead to backup when he's back. 

4 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Am i the only one who cant see vids from links posted, when i click it says content blocked by nfl

You have to watch it in a new window. Click "watch on youtube."

5 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Me too. But I just went to Youtube and could watch. I'm guessing they prevent embedding vids or something. Just go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObNTD04KikM

4 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

1 minute ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Same here.

there should be a link at the bottom that says "watch on YouTube instead" ... just click 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

there should be a link at the bottom that says "watch on YouTube instead" ... just click 🤷‍♂️

You're right. Thank you! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Watched the above highlights and was presently surprised. 

I thought he'd be more of a "plodder"... he's stout but showed some good vision and cuts. He looked like he had soft hands on that reception, hopefully Gruden will call more passes to JRob. Towards the end of the game, the Colts knew what time it was and were stacking the box to prevent the run. If Chark + Laviska prove to be trouble, it will only open lanes up for our guy. Would love to see him take over this backfield and relegate Armstead to backup when he's back. 

great take, he certainly does play smoother than he looks 👍

• Like 1