DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

6 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

it’s fine as a debut.   But must improve.   They won’t be able to underperform in the running game often and win. 

I was just thinking the same thing about Washington and Antonio Gibson, go figure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

lmao not sure but he dropped him for Adrian peterson...we'll see if im lucky enough to get him

If you are, find a new league. Lol. 

26 minutes ago, brosephd said:

imagine if/when dude has a big game, this thread gonna have 60 pages

It pains me cause he will surpass the amount of pages in the King Henry thread but at least I own him in 5 of 7 leeg's.

I checked the rotoworld database and it looks like JRobsShoelaces is currently available so that's always an option for me.

• Like 1

I'm leaving JRob on my bench this week as well. I don't want to risk the tough matchup, and I think this second game will tell us a lot. But with any luck, we'll either come away having confidence to start him, or enough value in him to work him into a trade.

22 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It pains me cause he will surpass the amount of pages in the King Henry thread but at least I own him in 5 of 7 leeg's.

I checked the rotoworld database and it looks like JRobsShoelaces is currently available so that's always an option for me.

I give you credit, you called it, I was skeptical. Fortunately, I scooped him up in my leagues last week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

If you are, find a new league. Lol. 

easier wins are still wins and money is money?? lol

and so many WRs are hurting right now so folks are trying to snag them up so i have a chance at least. The main guys who stalk the wire and make good pickups are all behind me in order

Edited by Guwop

56 - The number of yards he acquired after initial contact in week one. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

56 - The number of yards he acquired after initial contact in week one. 

Hell Yea GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I think it would be beneficial to see how big leagues people are picking up and using this guy. For example 10 team leagues, I don't see how this guy starts yet unless you are really thin at RB.

10 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

I think it would be beneficial to see how big leagues people are picking up and using this guy. For example 10 team leagues, I don't see how this guy starts yet unless you are really thin at RB.

Big leagues people were drafting him pre week 1

9 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

Its ballsy to start him right now unless you're limited, sure. However, there are many breadcrumbs leading in the direction of a positive destination with this kid.

The hold up for many seems to primarily be two things:

1. The team he plays for. 

2. How he entered the league.

The latter must be disregarded now, he has the ability to play in the league and he's 'only' making $610k. Production for pennies at a devalued RB position to me looks very inviting to any team in the NFL but especially to a rebuilding/tanking team. The proof is quite clear in the play calls. He received 100% of the carries and ran 11 routes to CT's 12 routes. That's impressive ******** usage right there guys.

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Its ballsy to start him right now unless you're limited, sure. However, there are many breadcrumbs leading in the direction of a positive destination with this kid.

The latter must be disregarded now, he has the ability to play in the league and he's 'only' making $610k. Production for pennies at a devalued RB position to me looks very inviting to any team in the NFL but especially to a rebuilding/tanking team. The proof is quite clear in the play calls. He received 100% of the carries and ran 11 routes to CT's 12 routes. That's impressive ******** usage right there guys.

he’s a legit bellcow until further notice. Wouldn’t shock me if he started getting 20 touches a game. Even relegated coaches pet to the bench?

Starting over Will Fuller as my flex in a 10 Team League(IDP) league. 

I think that's about as comfortable as I'd be until he shows he has the capability to break a big gainer and score. Love the workload, and the talent.

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Helps Mindshew looks more than competent back there.  Those tudders aren't always gonna come through the air, could get in the endzone as early as this week!

4 minutes ago, RevisAteMyQB said:

Starting over Will Fuller as my flex in a 10 Team League(IDP) league. 

I think that's about as comfortable as I'd be until he shows he has the capability to break a big gainer and score. Love the workload, and the talent.

wouldn’t do that champ.  

Fuller is the new Hopkins.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Someone should deliver him the 30 lbs of muscle they're withholding in that case.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Someone should deliver him the 30 lbs of muscle they're withholding in that case.

I was honestly shocked to see they are over 30 lbs apart lol.  Good call

still-  don’t bench watsons primary target as long as healthy.   Not for a td dependent jags back.   Nope 

4 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

...And the new set of hands that can consistently catch a football.

I'd like to see an increase in targets to become more comfortable starting him. He can apparently play in the passing game. If he continues to monopolize the backfield as much as Game 1; I can't see the targets not increasing.

2 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

...And the new set of hands that can consistently catch a football.

8/112 on 10 targets 

whilst Watson was running for his life.   big season approaching 

but u know that jags plodder is a decent play too 👀  

11 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

wouldn’t do that champ.  

Baltimore is the new...old...Baltimore.

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I was honestly shocked to see they are over 30 lbs apart lol.  Good call

glue weighs more than glass 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I'd like to see an increase in targets to become more comfortable starting him. He can apparently play in the passing game. If he continues to monopolize the backfield as much as Game 1; I can't see the targets not increasing.

Yeah, I am keeping on the bench for another week (RoJo can take the RB2 spot for now). If/when he gets targets when they are behind in a game, I will feel confident firing him into my lineup. 

15 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Would you have done the same for one of James' predecessors, former Jags RB Denard Robinson, aka, Shoelace? It's too bad he came before Derrick Henry, instead of after, because Shoelace'sShoelaces would have been fantastic

Edited by JCDaly
  • Haha 2