DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

his hands are like waffle irons

he ran a 4.94 forty

his 3 cone drill score was worse than Pat McAfee's

... upside? 

i think not 🤔

Running a 4.4 40 without pads in a perfect environment and running in a live football game on grass with full pads are two different things. Not saying that those numbers don’t matter but when you watch Robinson play he doesn’t look slow. One cut straight ahead speed plowing through defenders. Watch the games and not the combine numbers.

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

Half PPR where it's at. A catch shouldn't count for 10 yards. But also just getting fed pure volume runs all day isn't an accurate barometer of talent.

I think the most important factor is complexity. The league has to be deep enough to reward skill and partially factor out sheer luck but at the same time not be too complex to intimidate to new people. My favorite leagues are some form of PPR with around equal offense and IDP. That said, I personally enjoy full PPR more than half. The main reason being it provides a fresh look at the league and that's important to me because I always roll at least three teams a year and I've been playing this stuff for around twenty years... Full PPR keeps it a little more interesting for me.

Jury is out on JR being a strong full PPR player but I also have him in a half PPR and a standard. I'm riding or dying with JR this year. I am a sucker the underdogs. 

2 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

4.6 40

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Running a 4.4 40 without pads in a perfect environment and running in a live football game on grass with full pads are two different things. Not saying that those numbers don’t matter but when you watch Robinson play he doesn’t look slow. One cut straight ahead speed plowing through defenders. Watch the games and not the combine numbers.

... aaaaaaaand WHOOOOOSH!!!

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

4.6 40

90% of his yards last week were after contact. 4.64 is pretty damn fast for a steamroller. 

... the fact that anyone here took my post seriously is quite disturbing - are you really that gullible?

WOW. 

eh, carry on ... pm me if you are interested in investing in a uranium field in Asbury Park!

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Good luck Robinson owners! I sold all my shares of Robinson while he was high. I truly hope Robinson pans out for yall. What a story!

What did you sell him for? Doesnt really feel like a sell high type of guy unless someone in your league really loves him. I expect his value to go up as people realize hes actually the jags workhorse back 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

90% of his yards last week were after contact. 4.64 is pretty damn fast for a steamroller. 

No I get it. The one dude said he ran a 4.9 . Was pointing out that was wrong

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

What did you sell him for? Doesnt really feel like a sell high type of guy unless someone in your league really loves him. I expect his value to go up as people realize hes actually the jags workhorse back 

My top 2 WRs are injured and someone offered me Scotty Miller 🙄 Snap denied and told him I'd rather take an L this week lol

• Haha 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:42 PM, CORTEz said:

Luckily I have the luxury of sitting him on my bench...I want to see 1 more week, against TEN, to see what I can expect from him the rest of the season.

This. 

Sorry to be an old fart but...

Honestly, I hate these threads at times - choo choo FFS. He's had one game. Looked pretty good. He's about to face a really good defense and probably a really bad gamescript. To be Top 15 in standard he probably has to be better than Taylor, Ekeler, Gurley, Carson and Miles Sanders. I mean, all of them. Possible? Sure. A decent chance? Not really.

I hope he has a great game. Flexing him over Dobbins, Moss and Goedert in my 14-teamer. Not Flexing him in my 10-teamer. These threads just wear me down sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

This. 

Sorry to be an old fart but...

Honestly, I hate these threads at times - choo choo FFS. He's had one game. Looked pretty good. He's about to face a really good defense and probably a really bad gamescript. To be Top 15 in standard he probably has to be better than Taylor, Ekeler, Gurley, Carson and Miles Sanders. I mean, all of them. Possible? Sure. A decent chance? Not really.

I hope he has a great game. Flexing him over Dobbins, Moss and Goedert in my 14-teamer. Not Flexing him in my 10-teamer. These threads just wear me down sometimes.

You must be a blast at parties.  😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

League winner. Top 15 fantasy back this season. I dominate in fantasy football (and life in general) year in and year out, and I have him in 4 of 5 money leagues. Take it from what it’s worth from a living prophet 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kp96 said:

You must be a blast at parties.  😃

What does that have to do with anything?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

League winner. Top 15 fantasy back this season. I dominate in fantasy football (and life in general) year in and year out, and I have him in 4 of 5 money leagues. Take it from what it’s worth from a living prophet 

Any other tidbits to bestow upon us? Please and thank you.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Do you have any time if I wanna Axe you a few questions?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

his hands are like waffle irons

he ran a 4.94 forty

his 3 cone drill score was worse than Pat McAfee's

... upside? 

i think not 🤔

Not a fan? 

4 minutes ago, Byebyebalboni said:

Terrell Davis 4.72

Arian Foster 4.68

The list goes on and on

Lol wasn't bashing him. Was a response to a poster saying he ran 4.9. 

2 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Didn't you start Fournette last week?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Byebyebalboni said:

Terrell Davis 4.72

Arian Foster 4.68

The list goes on and on

Leveon Bell 4.60. Vision and burst is more important than 40 speed. 

Edited by Kaii23

CEH 4.6. We can do this all day. Forty doesn't mean crap if you can flat out ball. 

PS read the other pages before you think people are bashing him. 

10 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

What does that have to do with anything?

I was just joking with him bc he's being a Debbie Downer.

• Like 1