DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Breesus said:

This sounds insane but it’s not. I’d take him over David Johnson, Ingram, Gurley, maybe even mixon etc. He looked really good today against a stout Titans run D. Schedule softens up a lot the next few weeks on paper.

Game script in Cin is looking like it’ll be Mixon’s issue. But yes—there’s not a situation I like more than his among the names you listed.

i didn’t buy the “they got rid of Fournette because they knew what they had in Robinson” narrative. But—he seems like an above average talent, and will get 15 touches a week. 

Small sample so far—but against two plus defenses, he’s shown serviceable if not impressive  

The extrapolation game is a s---y one most of the time—but 80 rush/20receiving with .5 TD a game has us finishing with 

1280/360/8 puts him at 212 std points.

Or RB9 last year.

• Like 1

Just now, RevisAteMyQB said:

Game script in Cin is looking like it’ll be Mixon’s issue. But yes—there’s not a situation I like more than his among the names you listed.

i didn’t buy the “they got rid of Fournette because they knew what they had in Robinson” narrative. But—he seems like an above average talent, and will get 15 touches a week. 

Small sample so far—but against two plus defenses, he’s shown serviceable if not impressive  

The extrapolation game is a s---y one most of the time—but 80 rush/20receiving with .5 TD a game has us finishing with 

1280/360/8 puts him at 212 std points.

Or RB9 last year.

I think the biggest concern was the thought that this was going to be a tanking team, throwing the season, ready to start over. But Minshew has come out very impressive, keeping the Jags in games. Now JRob is looking like a soon-to-be household name, and potentially a top 10 RB pick next year. 

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I think the biggest concern was the thought that this was going to be a tanking team, throwing the season, ready to start over. But Minshew has come out very impressive, keeping the Jags in games. Now JRob is looking like a soon-to-be household name, and potentially a top 10 RB pick next year. 

He’ll be a juicy pick at the turn for a lot of people. Hoping the usage and situation can persist. Minshew makes this live or die. 

Got cold feet on throwing him in my flex today but seems like he's a no-brainer start at this point. What a steal. 

I wish they would lock this thread and throw away the key so we don't jinx him. I need him. 🤣

8 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

He's got a fluidity in the way he jumps and cuts to make guys miss. 

Dang i wish i saw the game this afternoon and totally wished I had put him in my lineup! He's never coming off. Gonna ride him till the wheels fall off!!

5 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Dang i wish i saw the game this afternoon and totally wished I had put him in my lineup! He's never coming off. Gonna ride him till the wheels fall off!!

He's got some burst through the hole. I love how the two guys on his td run dive for him as he comes out of the hole but are too late. He seems to have a knack for finding the hole and making guys miss. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan

Was hoping he'd have a quiet day today.

Oh well.

I'd have him on more than one team if fn yahoo hadn't hidden him during drafts.

Seriously looked for him and kept scrolling past dudes not even employed right now and his name wasn't showing up.

Fun player.

The Jags tanking narrative was way overblown. The offensive line is pretty good.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 1

In my 14 team league I Clyde Edwards H, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, Zack Moss... and James Robinson came very close to outscoring all of them combined today. Thank you Mrs. Robinson. He will be in my flex until proven otherwise.

He looked good for us...much better vision than 4Nette. He doesn't dance around once the hole opens up, much needed sight.

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

we park our cars in the same garage, Wyz 

add me into that bench Gurley for JRob week 3 option

6 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

What were you saying? 

Yeah, that was ace 😃. Flexing him in the 14-teamer was actually not needed, but not flexing him in the 10-teamer cost me the game. Ah well.

Dang, I sold him for Mark Ingram. He looks like baller and seems to have a safer floor.

Should not have listened to experts, everyone was advising to sell high.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Dang, I sold him for Mark Ingram. He looks like baller and seems to have a safer floor.

Can I ask which experts that you listened to?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Experts are wrong every year. I saw several experts on podcasts this week hyping up Hines and we all know how that turned out. 

• Like 3

If this man that I got off waivers before week 1 saves my ******** team after saquon went down I'm buying his ******** jersey

• Like 2
  • Haha 1