DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Chardo said:

How was this guy not drafted by 32 NFL teams? 

It made no sense to me. He even looked like he improved his stock at combine. It's probably like the fantasy experts overlooking him till today. They didn't know him so they didn't pay attention to him. The skillset and talent was there though and now everyone knows

Edited by Packdog

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Starting him over Mixon next week! He looks explosive and until he is out of gamescript I want him in my lineup

Mixon is gamescript dependent atm. Jrob flips the script

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

I’m having a hard time getting this guy in my lineup, a good problem to have. I’m not ready to replace Mixon just yet. Guess I need to start offering trades and upgrading elsewhere.

If week 2 has taught us anything, it's that you can never have too many RBs on your squad. No way would I trade JRob, no matter how deep I thought I was...

• Like 3

16 hours ago, peleincubus said:

In my 14 team league I Clyde Edwards H, Cam Akers, JK Dobbins, Zack Moss... and James Robinson came very close to outscoring all of them combined today. Thank you Mrs. Robinson. He will be in my flex until proven otherwise.

Cool story bro

I think we have a league winner on our hands. The offense is moving the ball well. He has great vision and burst. Has proven to be able to catch the ball. Great pickup. Hope he can stay healthy!

I'm really excited for J-Rob in our offense. He already looks so much better than 4Nette. And Gruden helps out a ton calling plays.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

I'm really excited for J-Rob in our offense. He already looks so much better than 4Nette. And Gruden helps out a ton calling plays.

thought you boys were tanking for the tall blonde 👱‍♀️ 

pretty excited about Minshew and j rob could be bound for playoffs

• Like 1

Just now, Tghetty said:

So did I my friend! I think if anything, our GM could obviously be tanking but I don't feel Minshew/Marrone personally are. If you think about it, they are very much out of a job if they choose to tank...so why would they?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chardo said:

How was this guy not drafted by 32 NFL teams? 

October 19, 2019 headline:

2020 NFL Draft: Is James Robinson the next David Johnson?

Robinson is a versatile player that hardly gets the attention he deserves. He could be a valuable addition to an NFL roster.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-is-illinois-state-rb-james-robinson-the-next-david-johnson/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Cool story bro

See that kind of attitude is what is going to make your species extinct.

And hell yes it's cool. The undrafted rookie RB outscores the 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd rookie RB's for the week and almost outscores them combined.

2 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

So did I my friend! I think if anything, our GM could obviously be tanking but I don't feel Minshew/Marrone personally are. If you think about it, they are very much out of a job if they choose to tank...so why would they?

Welcome to 20 pages ago.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Welcome to 20 pages ago.

Excuse me? Why you being rude? Someone quoted me and I responded giving my opinion. Back off junior, doesn't concern you.

1 minute ago, jagsfan05 said:

Excuse me? Why you being rude? Someone quoted me and I responded giving my opinion. Back off junior, doesn't concern you.

Don’t let the trolls bother you. There is something bothering them deep down so they take it out on random people online. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

No skin off my nose. Have your fun. Just thought if you wanted some background of the jags offense you could read back 20 pages ago where we discussed it and nauseum. If y'all prefer to just re-hash it on the current page without doing any reading then more power to you.

Glad the jags fan is just now realizing jrob is good and the jags aren't tanking.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Don’t let the trolls bother you. There is something bothering them deep down so they take it out on random people online. 

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

No skin off my nose. Have your fun. Just thought if you wanted some background of the jags offense you could read back 20 pages ago where we discussed it and nauseum. If y'all prefer to just re-hash it on the current page without doing any reading then more power to you.

Glad the jags fan is just now realizing jrob is good and the jags aren't tanking.

BINGO!

Cleatz been touting this kid and the Jags offense (Gruden as OC) since before the Armstead/Ozigbo incidents ... the "HOMER", meanwhile, was nowhere to be found a couple weeks ago. 

anyone on this bored who took the leap thanks to Cleatz (me included) owe the guy major props ... the "HOMER"? not so much.  

gimme a f'n break here. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Sizzlebshu said:

Real question is what are we looking at when week 4 rolls around if Ryquell and Ozigbo return from IR. 

Four weeks is an eternity in the NFL. Especially after (I am assuming) three good/great games by Robinson.

Just now, Spyplane said:

Four weeks is an eternity in the NFL. Especially after (I am assuming) three good/great games by Robinson.

It is but its more to the point that I don't think they want to use a featured runner this year as they are using this season to evaluate players more than anything else. Robinson is already ceding passing down work to Thompson. I don't think its a stretch for either one of these players to cut into his workload upon their return, health permitting. 

28 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

BINGO!

Cleatz been touting this kid and the Jags offense (Gruden as OC) since before the Armstead/Ozigbo incidents ... the "HOMER", meanwhile, was nowhere to be found a couple weeks ago. 

anyone on this bored who took the leap thanks to Cleatz (me included) owe the guy major props ... the "HOMER"? not so much.  

gimme a f'n break here. 

That's all well and true, but it's also not very nice.  Attacks are only welcome in the Rojo board.

6 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

It is but its more to the point that I don't think they want to use a featured runner this year as they are using this season to evaluate players more than anything else. Robinson is already ceding passing down work to Thompson. I don't think its a stretch for either one of these players to cut into his workload upon their return, health permitting. 

None of us know if they want to use a featured runner or not. But I do know this...they want to win. If Robinson gives them the best chance to win by getting 15-20 touches a game, then that's what they'll do. Marrone isn't worried about evaluating players this season. He's worried about trying to win games, and all of these players and coaches are still playing for pride. The GM might be trying to tank, but the players and coaches aren't. They've been very competitive in both games, and it's not a stretch to suggest they could enter their bye week 4-2 or 3-3...heck, 5-1 isn't a ridiculous assertion (Miami, @Cincy, @Houston, Detroit), judging by how they've played against Indy and Tenn. 

4 hours ago, Tghetty said:

Front offices can attempt to tank, but the players and coaches on the field aren't going to tank.