DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, this guy right here said:

You thought wrong, baby...

Gardner Minshew Mustache Song: How it Started 'Minshew Mania' | Fanbuzz

this guy parties 

2 hours ago, Sizzlebshu said:

It is but its more to the point that I don't think they want to use a featured runner this year as they are using this season to evaluate players more than anything else. Robinson is already ceding passing down work to Thompson. I don't think its a stretch for either one of these players to cut into his workload upon their return, health permitting. 

Actually I think it's surprising he's get as much passing work as he has considering CT was brought in for that as his primary role. CT isn't eating into JR's role, JR is eating into CT's role.

I never heard much buzz at all about anyone but JR. I think he's the guy, this isn't auditions. They dealt Fournette because they were high on JR. Now he's living up to the expectation. They reward that with a reduced role? Not buying that.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, 33legend said:

Knowing what we know now, if a redraft was today, where would you take him?

Probably around those 4th-5th round running backs. Around the same place as David Johnson, Todd Gurley, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary etc.

8 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Actually I think it's surprising he's get as much passing work as he has considering CT was brought in for that as his primary role. CT isn't eating into JR's role, JR is eating into CT's role.

I never heard much buzz at all about anyone but JR. I think he's the guy, this isn't auditions. They dealt Fournette because they were high on JR. Now he's living up to the expectation. They reward that with a reduced role? Not buying that.

I don’t think thats true for several reasons. 

1. They didn’t deal Fournette. They cut him. If the FO wanted to tank, the best recipe to do it is to reduce the talent on your team. It also saves them money via mitigation when he signs elsewhere. 

2. Ryquill was the starter before getting COVID-19 a second time. 

3. Robinson and Ozigbo were going to split work before Ozigbo went on IR with a hamstirng injury. 

4. They brought in Devonta Freeman for a work out. 

I think Robinson fell into a somewhat fortunate situation where he had no real competition due to injuries. 

I also don’t think Robinson is eating into Thompson’s role, but I would need to see the snap logs to confirm that. My guess is that they show Robinson got a couple of targets on pressure plays as a check down as opposed to having a play ran for him. 

1 minute ago, Sizzlebshu said:

1. They didn’t deal Fournette. They cut him. If the FO wanted to tank, the best recipe to do it is to reduce the talent on your team. It also saves them money via mitigation when he signs elsewhere. 

3. Robinson and Ozigbo were going to split work before Ozigbo went on IR with a hamstirng injury. 

I think Robinson fell into a somewhat fortunate situation where he had no real competition due to injuries. 

I also don’t think Robinson is eating into Thompson’s role, but I would need to see the snap logs to confirm that. My guess is that they show Robinson got a couple of targets on pressure plays as a check down as opposed to having a play ran for him. 

It was 38 for Robinson and 31 for Thompson last game. 34 for Robinson and 12 for Thompson first game.

1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

Trade him for McCaffrey

Yu dun F up. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

1. I meant to say cut. I was in here the day he was cut. Look it up.

2. That doesn't mean he would have started or he would have kept it or he would have gotten the majority of carries. It's also old news now anyway.

3. See #2. Things change. JR is the real deal and there are more than enough actual recent comments to support the idea that he's the man. Plus production and reliability, the most important factors.

4. And what? Did they sign him? Trying to maintain depth is a common NFL practice. They cut their starter and then got knocked with an injury... They kicked the tires and that's a knock on JR? Really?

Of course he fell into a fortunate situation. It's why this thread started booming. It's why it's exploded after he delivered.

"He landed into a fortunate situation" --> the story of almost every sleeper who ever delivered and became established.

He is eating into CT's role. He took over the game in the second half of week two. Week one he ate half of CT's lunch.

Edited by Spyplane

28 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

1. I meant to say cut. I was in here the day he was cut. Look it up.

2. That doesn't mean he would have started or he would have kept it or he would have gotten the majority of carries. It's also old news now anyway.

3. See #2. Things change. JR is the real deal and there are more than enough actual recent comments to support the idea that he's the man. Plus production and reliability, the most important factors.

4. And what? Did they sign him? Trying to maintain depth is a common NFL practice. They cut their starter and then got knocked with an injury... They kicked the tires and that's a knock on JR? Really?

Of course he fell into a fortunate situation. It's why this thread started booming. It's why it's exploded after he delivered.

"He landed into a fortunate situation" --> the story of almost every sleeper who ever delivered and became established.

He is eating into CT's role. He took over the game in the second half of week two. Week one he ate half of CT's lunch.

1. The point is that cutting Fournette had nothing to do with their belief in Robinson as it was +EV no matter what. 

2. It kind of does matter because (assuming their initial eval was correct), it may lead to Robninson's workload being cut into. 

3. You point out the counterargument to your own argument: Things Change -- namely that two rbs will be returning from IR to steal touches. 

4. They brought him in before Ozigbo went on IR. Could just be updating emergency contact, but if you ask Freeman an offer was made but not accepted. 

5. Show me numbers backing that up, because right now I don't buy it off of bald assertions of "go watch the tape"

FTR I don't want Robinson to fail and would love it if he finished as an RB1, but I am also realistic about his circumstances and acknowledge that this may be a fleeting opportunity. 

17 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

FTR I don't want Robinson to fail and would love it if he finished as an RB1, but I am also realistic about his circumstances and acknowledge that this may be a fleeting opportunity. 

With injuries popping up we arent sure about anything this season, thats why so many are excited. This guy is producing like an RB2 with RB1 upside so I'll ride the wave as long as I can til guys like my Mixon and Henry get it going. 

20 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

BINGO!

Cleatz been touting this kid and the Jags offense (Gruden as OC) since before the Armstead/Ozigbo incidents ... the "HOMER", meanwhile, was nowhere to be found a couple weeks ago. 

anyone on this bored who took the leap thanks to Cleatz (me included) owe the guy major props ... the "HOMER"? not so much.  

gimme a f'n break here. 

Go suckle on each one of Derrick Henry’s cleat pegs. Get all the dirt and grass out of there for him. 

Lol, jk. I’ve been on the bandwagon; drafted him and started him week 1&2. 

1. I'm not sure I believe yet.   My one share is a tough team to get him in the lineup, but if he puts up more of this, he's gotta get a shot during byes at least.   
Edited by BrianM

6 hours ago, peleincubus said:

See that kind of attitude is what is going to make your species extinct.

And hell yes it's cool. The undrafted rookie RB outscores the 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd rookie RB's for the week and almost outscores them combined.

No one cares about your team bro...

37 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

1. The point is that cutting Fournette had nothing to do with their belief in Robinson as it was +EV no matter what. 

2. It kind of does matter because (assuming their initial eval was correct), it may lead to Robninson's workload being cut into. 

3. You point out the counterargument to your own argument: Things Change -- namely that two rbs will be returning from IR to steal touches. 

4. They brought him in before Ozigbo went on IR. Could just be updating emergency contact, but if you ask Freeman an offer was made but not accepted. 

5. Show me numbers backing that up, because right now I don't buy it off of bald assertions of "go watch the tape"

#3 is what concerns me. Might have to move him before that happens if I can get the timing right. 

1 minute ago, yardimatt said:

#3 is what concerns me. Might have to move him before that happens if I can get the timing right. 

The coach and team have raved about him all offseason and given him credit for the teams success, Im not looking to get rid of him unless its insane value because Im not confident in this turning into a RBBC with how good he has looked in the bell cow role

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, yardimatt said:

If we've seen anything, it is that this coaching staff doesn't care about who the supposed starter was. That's why Minshew took over for an injured Foles, and never had to give it back. 

• Like 1

Just now, oliminator123 said:

If we've seen anything, it is that this coaching staff doesn't care about who the supposed starter was. That's why Minshew took over for an injured Foles, and never had to give it back. 

They went back to Foles at one point . . . 

It is possible that Armstead and Devine take touches. But it’s not like they have some track record of performance. Robinson has played well. Coaches see that. So why mess with success? Again, possible. But it’d be different if either of them were established guys,

Edited by Butters

Just now, oliminator123 said:

And then...

You understand this hurts your argument more than it helps right? They switched twice and then the FO traded away the bad contract after deciding to go full on tank.