DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, Sizzlebshu said:

You understand this hurts your argument more than it helps right? They switched twice and then the FO traded away the bad contract after deciding to go full on tank. 

Who ended last season as the Jags starting QB? Remind me again? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Who ended last season as the Jags starting QB? Remind me again? 

Who got benched last season? Who will be benched after the Jags tank succeeds and they get fields, lance, or lawrence? Remind me again. 

This is seriously a dumb argument. The point is that they are willing to change it without warning as evidenced by their past conduct. 

Why you refuse to acknowledge this as a possibility is mind boggling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Who got benched last season? Who will be benched after the Jags tank succeeds and they get fields, lance, or lawrence? Remind me again. 

This is seriously a dumb argument. The point is that they are willing to change it without warning as evidenced by their past conduct. 

Why you refuse to acknowledge this as a possibility is mind boggling. 

Minshew has been playing fantastically. He is not the reason the Jags suck. You're absolutely clueless if you think they're going to overlook a young QB who has shown he can lead the team to go for another rookie QB 2-3 years younger than the guy they currently have. 

Just going to add you to my ignore list. You are just bad take after bad take. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Minshew has been playing fantastically. He is not the reason the Jags suck. You're absolutely clueless if you think they're going to overlook a young QB who has shown he can lead the team to go for another rookie QB 2-3 years younger than the guy they currently have. 

Just going to add you to my ignore list. You are just bad take after bad take. 

MODS can we pin this post so that we can lambaste this guy when the Jags take a QB for having the worst take of all time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

MODS can we pin this post so that we can lambaste this guy when the Jags take a QB for having the worst take of all time. 

I’m inclined to think that pin request could more likely apply to your post lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

No one cares about your team bro...

That's not about my team. I making a point that Robinson is doing great and performing much better than a slew of other rookie running backs drafted ahead of him. So please stop giving me a hard time about making that observation. Thanks a ton

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Actually I think it's surprising he's get as much passing work as he has considering CT was brought in for that as his primary role. CT isn't eating into JR's role, JR is eating into CT's role.

 

I never heard much buzz at all about anyone but JR. I think he's the guy, this isn't auditions. They dealt Fournette because they were high on JR. Now he's living up to the expectation. They reward that with a reduced role? Not buying that.

Im with you. Why in the world would you start splitting carries when you have your feature back rolling with a full head of steam? Auditions? You believe these other guys would actually do better? THe only way I see that would be if Robinson hits a major wall. These guys are going to be holding clipboards and thinking up new handshakes for JR every time he scores. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Looks like he will be in my starting lineup now with CMC down...all aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Whether or not there's even a choice now for us, guy's a RB1 vs 'Phins (Injury forced or not). The gates have opened, let the man eat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sizzlebshu said:

MODS can we pin this post so that we can lambaste this guy when the Jags take a QB for having the worst take of all time. 


The Jags may not be in a position to take one of those QBs. Look at their next four weeks before their bye...four very winnable games. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cdd10 said:

It was 38 for Robinson and 31 for Thompson last game. 34 for Robinson and 12 for Thompson first game.


Wow. How is this being overlooked right now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

Is this the carry count?

Snap count it appears. Nearly 50/50 in a close game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Snap count it appears. Nearly 50/50 in a close game 

Not worried about him at all, if he can produce with only a 50/50 share then imagine if this gets closer to 60/40 or better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Thursday Night Football gonna be fun.


 

7 hours ago, this guy right here said:

 

 

Gardner Minshew Mustache Song: How it Started 'Minshew Mania' | Fanbuzz

spacer.png

 

the two coolest qbs going head to head what’s not to love.  I’m in

 
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peleincubus said:

That's not about my team. I making a point that Robinson is doing great and performing much better than a slew of other rookie running backs drafted ahead of him. So please stop giving me a hard time about making that observation. Thanks a ton

Not trying to give you a hard time... you coulda just said Robinson was doing better than a lot of running backs. 
 

but glad you have him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sizzlebshu said:

1. The point is that cutting Fournette had nothing to do with their belief in Robinson as it was +EV no matter what. 

2. It kind of does matter because (assuming their initial eval was correct), it may lead to Robninson's workload being cut into. 

3. You point out the counterargument to your own argument: Things Change -- namely that two rbs will be returning from IR to steal touches. 

4. They brought him in before Ozigbo went on IR. Could just be updating emergency contact, but if you ask Freeman an offer was made but not accepted. 

5. Show me numbers backing that up, because right now I don't buy it off of bald assertions of "go watch the tape"

1. They outright said that JR had something to do with it.

2. tenor.gif

3. I've seen this situation play out many times now over the last couple decades and what you're saying defies history. They were high on him, he delivered with authority and unless he stops delivering and opens the door, he won't look back. Wishing it not to happen because you're not on the train won't stop it. 

4. You keep worrying about people who aren't his competition then and we'll keep moving forward.

5. Read the thread. This isn't a day home and besides, I'm all out of spoons.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

1. They outright said that JR had something to do with it.

2. tenor.gif

3. I've seen this situation play out many times now over the last couple decades and what you're saying defies history. They were high on him, he delivered with authority and unless he stops delivering and opens the door, he won't look back. Wishing it not to happen because you're not on the train won't stop it. 

4. You keep worrying about people who aren't his competition then and we'll keep moving forward.

5. Read the thread. This isn't a day home and besides, I'm all out of spoons.

 


extra credit for the Home Improvement gif LOL.   What a great show 

 

Whether you’re a JRob truther or still on the fence...it’s time to acknowledge that volume is KING.   Robinson had nothing going the first half but they never stopped trying to run the ball and eventually it paid off.   Don’t know the affect of Ozigbo/Armstead/insert FA here....but for the time being JRob is a must start.   Too many ways a volume hog rb can impact a fantasy roster to be benched.  

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you think this guys trade value is?

im thinking of shopping him as I essentially got him for free. If you were strong at RB would trade him for CMac, or perhaps a straight up trade for Todd Gurly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jrt80 said:

What do you think this guys trade value is?

im thinking of shopping him as I essentially got him for free. If you were strong at RB would trade him for CMac, or perhaps a straight up trade for Todd Gurly? 


He’s better than Gurley 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:


extra credit for the Home Improvement gif LOL.   What a great show 

 

Whether you’re a JRob truther or still on the fence...it’s time to acknowledge that volume is KING.   Robinson had nothing going the first half but they never stopped trying to run the ball and eventually it paid off.   Don’t know the affect of Ozigbo/Armstead/insert FA here....but for the time being JRob is a must start.   Too many ways a volume hog rb can impact a fantasy roster to be benched.  

 

Us J Rob Truthers are ride or die baby!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

What do you think this guys trade value is?

im thinking of shopping him as I essentially got him for free. If you were strong at RB would trade him for CMac, or perhaps a straight up trade for Todd Gurly? 

 

I doubt him alone brings back CMC but we have to get more info on how serious the injury is.

 

But J Rob > Gurley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strikeforce316 said:


He’s better than Gurley 

 

this ^

and it won't shock me at all if the kid Hill down in Atlanta starts seeing a major uptick in work ... TG was abysmal vs Dallas. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.