DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Volume and health are going to be more important this year than ever. Even if the Jaguars slowly tank again and/or JRob ends up being a JAG, as long as he's healthy and has command of the backfield, he's an RB2 at minimum. Which for those of us that lost a 1st round RB this past week and paid $0 for JRob, is a humongous lifesaver.

I hope he lasts all season, but if he can get most of us through mid-season, I'll consider it a major win. But of course I'm hoping for RB1 numbers all year!

• Like 6

I was a little surprised when I saw on my FleaFlicker app that the Dolphins go into week 3 ranked 5th against fantasy RBs. And for a moment, I thought, "Hmm..." But then I remembered they faced a Cam-lead NE, allowing 26-119 to Michel/Burk/White/Taylor...and then they faced an Allen-lead Buffalo, allowing 18-95 to Singletary/Moss. And then I wasn't concerned anymore. Lol.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

😄

90% of my posts are edited because of the cotdamn Galaxy keypad ... a skeleton's boney a$$ fingers would be too chubby for it 

as to JRob ...

19/116/2, 3/28/0 on Thursday

Looks like you made another typo...

19/216/2, 3/28/1 on Thursday

Fixed it for ya.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, collucho said:

Looks like you made another typo...

19/216/2, 3/28/1 on Thursday

Fixed it for ya.

Choo choo mother flowerz!!!  Hype that hype train!! Pick up of the year!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I was a little surprised when I saw on my FleaFlicker app that the Dolphins go into week 3 ranked 5th against fantasy RBs. And for a moment, I thought, "Hmm..." But then I remembered they faced a Cam-lead NE, allowing 26-119 to Michel/Burk/White/Taylor...and then they faced an Allen-lead Buffalo, allowing 18-95 to Singletary/Moss. And then I wasn't concerned anymore. Lol.

Good sh*t right here.

Not that I was concerned or considering NOT starting him...but this is a great point.

He’s nominated for rookie of the week. Haven’t voted before, but will for this hype train!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-jaguars/nfl/jaguars/news/james-robinson-nominated-for-nfl-rookie-of-the-week
"I thought even in the first half, a couple of those runs, they almost came out. You know, and he was getting positive yardage and he had a really good catch. I think what you guys are seeing now is probably what I've been seeing all camp, just a real steady, good football player.

"If something is there he's going to find it. He's not going to make mistakes and lose yardage for you or things of that nature and try to keep the chains going. He's a tough runner. He's got a little burst getting through to the second level. I was happy to see him take that one obviously to the end zone."

• Like 1

Can we stop cluttering up the Robinson thread with the pissing contest? Maybe carry the argument into PMs? 

• Like 2

https://www.nfl.com/news/james-robinson-proving-jaguars-wise-in-moving-on-from-leonard-fournette

Sounds to me like the head coach KNEW what he had in Robinson. This was not a surprise. Why in the world would they now start timesharing this guy just to "see" the other players? JR gives them the best chance to win. He also has the respect of his teammates. Why mess with that? To muddle the next fantasy team because I missed out on the guy? I'm all about examining the situation from all angles. But I would be surprised to see his role reduced for anything other than repeated poor performance.

• Like 1

Here's what I'm seeing with this kid... next 4 weeks are juuuuicy: MIA, CIN, HOU, DET, and then he gets his bye... assuming he maintains his volume and productivity, his numbers at that point should be looking very nice.  That's when it's time to sell.  Look at his schedule after the bye; it gets a lot tougher, and especially when you get into the fantasy playoff weeks (TEN, BAL, CHI 🤢).

I like the kid, he has talent and a great story.  But with all things Jaguars, and being a rookie, it's built on a deck of cards.  The bottom could fall out at any moment.   The smart play is to try to flip him for a low-end WR1 or similar at his bye, assuming he still holds relatively equal value.  Squeeze the juice out now while you can, then flip him for a safer, plug-and-play, high-floor option that you can depend on weekly for the stretch/playoffs.  Yes, this requires a willing trade partner, but you can be assured there will be multiple teams in dire need of RB help when week 7 rolls around.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spyplane said:

The think is there are tell tale signs that he's not a JAG. JAGs don't create after contact. 

• 8th in rushing yards.
  • 7th in rushing yards after contact.
  • 22nd in rushing yards before contact.
  • 9th in broken tackles.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2020/rushing_advanced.htm

That's the kind of information that will win us leagues and one reason I'm very excited about JRob. However I was already a weary fantasy player even before losing Barkley this week, so I'm just tempering my expectations just in case defenses solve him or he gets injured down the line.

Think of it like this. Instead of riding the hype train off the rails, I'm trying to get the JRob train to push my DeLorean past 88 MPH before the end of the bridge over Saquon Ravine...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/james-robinson-proving-jaguars-wise-in-moving-on-from-leonard-fournette

Sounds to me like the head coach KNEW what he had in Robinson. This was not a surprise. Why in the world would they now start timesharing this guy just to "see" the other players? JR gives them the best chance to win. He also has the respect of his teammates. Why mess with that? To muddle the next fantasy team because I missed out on the guy? I'm all about examining the situation from all angles. But I would be surprised to see his role reduced for anything other than repeated poor performance.

Sizzlebshu says its because they're tanking. Its either Doug Marrone is putting his head on the chopping block in the name of fair play or because of a meaningless camp depth chart in August or because Devonte Freeman came to town to meet them before the regular season or because Devine Ozigbo and Ryquill Armestead both capable of putting up top ten numbers in yards after contact and broken tackles. Marrone isn't sure though and so in the middle of the season and with his career on the line he won't be able to sleep at night until he tests out Sizzlebshu's theory. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Here's what I'm seeing with this kid... next 4 weeks are juuuuicy: MIA, CIN, HOU, DET, and then he gets his bye... assuming he maintains his volume and productivity, his numbers at that point should be looking very nice.  That's when it's time to sell.  Look at his schedule after the bye; it gets a lot tougher, and especially when you get into the fantasy playoff weeks (TEN, BAL, CHI 🤢).

I like the kid, he has talent and a great story.  But with all things Jaguars, and being a rookie, it's built on a deck of cards.  The bottom could fall out at any moment.   The smart play is to try to flip him for a low-end WR1 or similar at his bye, assuming he still holds relatively equal value.  Squeeze the juice out now while you can, then flip him for a safer, plug-and-play, high-floor option that you can depend on weekly for the stretch/playoffs.  Yes, this requires a willing trade partner, but you can be assured there will be multiple teams in dire need of RB help when week 7 rolls around.

Not a bad strategy but it all depends on how they use him over the next four weeks. If he's a full fledged bell cow that changes things.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I don’t think Tenn is as tough a matchup as we originally believed it was. BAL is brutal, but Chicago may be competitive depending on ho wmuch Mitch devolves. 

20 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

In a normal season, I'd agree wholeheartedly. But all of these injuries are giving me the heebie-jeebies, and it makes me want to hold onto whatever players I have that I know are getting touches. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Not a bad strategy but it all depends on how they use him over the next four weeks. If he's a full fledged bell cow that changes things.

Yes, that's exactly what we want.  Full fledged bell cow = highest possible return value 😈

Bellcow or not, you're not gonna feel good starting him for more than half of his post-bye games.

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

In a normal season, I'd agree wholeheartedly. But all of these injuries are giving me the heebie-jeebies, and it makes me want to hold onto whatever players I have that I know are getting touches. 

That just makes his value even higher.  Point taken, though, just two sides to the coin.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Yes, that's exactly what we want.  Full fledged bell cow = highest possible return value 😈

Bellcow or not, you're not gonna feel good starting him for more than half of his post-bye games.

That just makes his value even higher.  Point taken, though, just two sides to the coin.

I have him in a Dynasty and in two re-drafts. I'd be inclined to flip him everywhere but dynasty. The kid looks legit, just not top tier defense-proof.

Edit: forgot to mention, nice posting. 🙂👍

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I have him in a Dynasty and in two re-drafts. I'd be inclined to flip him everywhere but dynasty. The kid looks legit, just not top tier defense-proof.

Edit: forgot to mention, nice posting. 🙂👍

As my WRS have fallen like flies, I'm looking to trade him for WR2 and high-usage TE types. Robinson is getting decent usage, and is being very effective per touch. I definitely don't feel too inclined to sell, but you have the upper hand if there are teams that are RB needy out there and you can gain leverage in trade talks. 

1 hour ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Yes.  As long as Singletary and Allen are healthy Moss is not startable.  Robinson looks like a solid every week start

Yeah I got James Robinson being a borderline RB2/3 ROS, say about RB25ish ?

Zach Moss wouldn't be far behind around RB28/29, and James White probably ten spots behind Robinson at the RB35/36 spot. 

I imagine Robinson only climbing continuously up RB rankings ROS. Especially if he has a primetime blow up game Thursday vs MIA 

Edited by next big thing cp84

Let’s let this thread chill. You all can’t imagine the heart palpitations I get every time and log in and see his thread listed as “hot” and think, “oh no, he tore his ACL in practice.” I’ve been traumatized enough already this year. 

Edited by vikesrube
  • Haha 3

At who's expense will you guys be inserting Robinson into your lineup? I'm debating starting him over David Johnson in one league and Marvin Jones in another.

Just now, Dirty Little Birdie said:

At who's expense will you guys be inserting Robinson into your lineup? I'm debating starting him over David Johnson in one league and Marvin Jones in another.

Sad GIFs | Tenor

... CMC

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, humanpuck said:

I'm seriously considering him over CEH this week with the Baltimore matchup.  

Same. It's a tough call for me I can only start three between Jacobs, Taylor, CEH, JRob and Mckinnon. 

27 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

If Adams sits, or looks to be limited, will probably be flexing him over Edelman and Parker in .5 ppr.  He's on a roll and going to be awfully hard to justify sitting a back that's getting so many touches.

In the other league I have him.... he's my RB1...

Edited by Gabbed