DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Exactly how I see it. Not sure why ECR has him as a low RB2 RB3. Same with Diontae Johnson this season. I dont always buy into the rankings over what I see on the field

consider the source, over half those "experts" are no experts at all.  the concept of ECR would be great if they were all actually experts.  and most of those guys submit a rank sheet at the beginning of the week and  thats it, no updates afterwards.  so that data is completely skewed and rarely accurate.  the only thing that ECR is good for is that it lists all the expert ranks in 1 place.  i never use the ECR rank, but i will scan the list for the a few of the "experts" that have proven to know what they are talking about and compare their rankings with each other and skip over  the majority

14 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

If Fitzmagic some how shows up then he might not get enough volume. I'm all in on JRob though. I've already seen enough through two weeks(started him week 1&2). It's just a matter of time before the "experts" start ranking him appropriately. 

I think we'll still see him get 15-18 touches, but if Miami manages to get on top by a couple of scores, we may very well see more CT than we'd like. 

12 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Exactly how I see it. Not sure why ECR has him as a low RB2 RB3. Same with Diontae Johnson this season. I dont always buy into the rankings over what I see on the field

I agree completely...with both Robinson and Diontae. 

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

consider the source, over half those "experts" are no experts at all.  the concept of ECR would be great if they were all actually experts.  and most of those guys submit a rank sheet at the beginning of the week and  thats it, no updates afterwards.  so that data is completely skewed and rarely accurate.  the only thing that ECR is good for is that it lists all the expert ranks in 1 place.  i never use the ECR rank, but i will scan the list for the a few of the "experts" that have proven to know what they are talking about and compare their rankings with each other and skip over  the majority

Who are your go to guys? Fantasypros released a top 10 ranking on the year 

I wish it was Thursday already! so much build up for JRob this week and ready to watch a full game of him.

Edited by trolltoll

2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Who are your go to guys? Fantasypros released a top 10 ranking on the year 

Mike Tagelerie

Dan Harris

Jake Ciely

Pat Fitzmuourice

Jason Moore

Mike Wright

Andy Holloway

are the main ones i will make it a point scan for on the ECR list

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

Mike Tagelerie

Dan Harris

Jake Ciely

Pat Fitzmuourice

Jason Moore

Mike Wright

Andy Holloway

are the main ones i will make it a point scan for on the ECR list

Mine have been the three TFF guys, Ciely, and Tagliere. 

Does anyone else have that tingly feeling right now?

The kind you get when you're on the cusp of watching a $0 undrafted Jacksonville RB break out into a league-wide stud?

The kind you get when you lose Saquon Barkley and you're not even THAT mad because it opens up a starting spot for this guy?

The kind you get when you start getting trade offers for underperforming over the hill guys and just laugh heartily like King Homer?

spacer.png

Maybe the tingly feeling is nerve damage. Or maybe I just need to poop. But I'm excited for this kid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I think we'll still see him get 15-18 touches, but if Miami manages to get on top by a couple of scores, we may very well see more CT than we'd like. 

I agree completely...with both Robinson and Diontae. 

Do you actually envision Miami up by a couple of scores?  Over any team?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chardo said:

Do you actually envision Miami up by a couple of scores?  Over any team?

Lol, not really...but who in here had Jax beating Indy week one and competing with Tennessee last week? It's the NFL and weird things happen sometimes...Any Given Sunday...or in this case, Any Given Thursday. 

Are y'alls leagues showing no respect for Robinson?  I've only had one person make an offer for him.  Any attempts I made to trade him as parts of packages for established studs people just scoffed at Robinson.  I'll be glad to take his latest RB1 performance this week.  Stud in the making.

5 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

Are y'alls leagues showing no respect for Robinson?  I've only had one person make an offer for him.  Any attempts I made to trade him as parts of packages for established studs people just scoffed at Robinson.  I'll be glad to take his latest RB1 performance this week.  Stud in the making.

I have only had one as well. So far the latest offer was Nyheim Hines and Myles Gaskin for James Robinson. Flat-out "NO".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

You won't get what he's worth yet. Hold IMO. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

1497355400_Screenshot_2020-09-23Uploadandsharescreenshotsandimages-printscreenonlineSnipboardio.png.1795ce84dc33309b6574a8a34d122d49.png

I thought this offer was fair. I bet he regrets the reject now...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingUles said:

1497355400_Screenshot_2020-09-23Uploadandsharescreenshotsandimages-printscreenonlineSnipboardio.png.1795ce84dc33309b6574a8a34d122d49.png

I thought this offer was fair. I bet he regrets the reject now...

Hindsight is 20-20

34 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

He's a case of being more valuable to his owner than everyone else. You're not going to get what you think he's worth because the other owners aren't going to have looked very deeply into him, especially not as much as anyone who is a member of these forums. Other owners see an undrafted kid who runs a 4.6 and plays for the Jags with CT as the 3rd down back and two other RBs either on IR or on the COVID list. They might throw a dart at you to see if you'll bite, but they're not going to offer you anywhere close to your valuation of him. 

At this stage, I wouldn't even entertain an offer for Robinson because I already know going in that it'll be underwhelming compared to how I see his value now and in the future. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Panthor said:

You know you can choose which analysts go into the ranking, right? You can personalize it and pick the most accurate analysts from last year.

I use fantasy pros rankings when I'm on the fence about a position but I never go with the list of 160 or however many analysts are in there.

Edited by Spyplane

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

You won't get what he's worth yet. Hold IMO. 

Not sure you'll ever get what he's worth. He'll have the JAGS and undrafted stigma all season long. Only way to extract value here is to strike at whatever time or just hold on and use ROS. 

Another way to extra good value is trade him to an RB needy team. They'll pay up big time lol

I know we're talking about an undrafted rookie, and we should temper expectations-- but he looks great by every measure right now. 

Why are we so concerned with the presence of "CT" (as though he has earned a 2 letter nickname....psshh).

Even if they're down, they will surely understand that Robinson needs to be given the ball. I don't see gamescript hurting his bottom line. No team in the last 3 years has averaged less than 19 carries per game. A Majority of NFL teams average in the 25-30 rushes per game. 

Even in a blowout he'll get 15 carries. Sign me up-- and fk CT.

Their center didn't practice today. Not sure if it's just a rest day or if he might actually miss the game, but it's something to be aware of. He's dinged up either way and that's never ideal for the offense.

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

Their center didn't practice today. Not sure if it's just a rest day or if he might actually miss the game, but it's something to be aware of. He's dinged up either way and that's never ideal for the offense.

he's OUT

if Chark sits too it changes this offense a great deal.

2 hours ago, YoungDro said:

Yeah he has zero name value. Name value can hold a lot of weight to most people, like Sutton last year or Golladay his second season for example. People will act like you insulted their mothers for even trying to package them in a trade. I like it better this way. Saves me from myself and doing something stupid. No name studs are kind of like insurance for the stupid, like me. It's better to just sit back and enjoy the ride 

Edited by Wyzzil

Kid offered me Ertz for him. 

I traded him Hines for Jonnu Smith instead. 🤣

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he's OUT

if Chark sits too it changes this offense a great deal.

Ouch. Yeah, bumps down Robinson and Minshew already, and if Chark sits this really puts a damper on things. Throw in the general mess that is TNF and I'm not optimistic about betting the over.

What does chark and the center being out change for the offense? Its not like Chark was seeing much volume right now anyway, but maybe James is used in the passing game? Cant be sure

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

What does chark and the center being out change for the offense?

wow. 

no words here. 

• Like 2