DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

What does chark and the center being out change for the offense? Its not like Chark was seeing much volume right now anyway, but maybe James is used in the passing game? Cant be sure

It impacts the effectiveness of the offensive line. Which means less time for Minshew and holes for Robinson. Chark opens things up for others - Robinson to run and other players to catch short passes. I'm not saying players are incapable of overcoming these issues, but they are issues that make things harder. 

7 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

It impacts the effectiveness of the offensive line. Which means less time for Minshew and holes for Robinson. Chark opens things up for others - Robinson to run and other players to catch short passes. I'm not saying players are incapable of overcoming these issues, but they are issues that make things harder. 

But what is to say Shenault isnt the same deep threat Chark is? Whats the dolphins injury report looking like

Before we self-sabotage this hype train, we know who Chark is and what he brings to the table.

But does anyone who actually follows Jax or OLs have any metrics on how much of a downgrade their C being out is?

While Linder has been the de facto starter for them for years, Shatley I'm assuming will replace him and has been on the roster just as long.

I doubt this downgrade is like going from Saquon Barkley to Dion Lewis.

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

But what is to say Shenault isnt the same deep threat Chark is? Whats the dolphins injury report looking like

look, mah man ... nobody is saying to bench JRob ... just that the prospects of a BLOW UP night are exponentially greater with the starting center & Chark in the lineup ... one is already OUT, the other looks 50/50 at best. 

the 'fins are hurting on defense, top cb is also OUT for tomorrow ... and as much as i love Hasta Laviska, it's just a different dynamic with a proven cat like Chark in there.

• Like 2

Are ya'll really worried about 2 decoys on the Jaguars? Ya'll have no faith and don't deserve to own Mr. James.

IT'S JAMES RB1SZN BABYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries in CMC on my IR*

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

Are ya'll really worried about 2 decoys on the Jaguars? Ya'll have no faith and don't deserve to own Mr. James.

IT'S JAMES RB1SZN BABYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries in CMC on my IR*

AND WITH LAMBO OUT YOU KNOW MOTORBOAT MARRONE IS GONNA GO BUCK WILD WITH 2 PT CONVERSIONS!

i guess 😄

James Robinson..guy's legit in everyway so far in the early.  I'd buy if able.  Anyone with comps to other RB's that for trade purposes would be fair?

9 minutes ago, mjb said:

James Robinson..guy's legit in everyway so far in the early.  I'd buy if able.  Anyone with comps to other RB's that for trade purposes would be fair?

As a comp for a player I'd say he's in the Montgomery range.  Not a ton of lateral agility to his game but can get north/south quickly and runs downhill.  He's proven he can catch and I'd love to see JAX design more plays to get him in space. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mjb said:

If you don’t own him, most likely the owner won’t want to sell him for anything lower than an RB1 because his unknown upside is just too high.

If you own him, the best offer you will get will be Mark Ingram or Jordan Howard, because people who don’t own him haven’t paid attention to him yet. He’s just a Jax JAG.

But after tomorrow.

HE. WILL. BE. KNOWN.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

I have NFL Pass so I go back to watch our boy JRob’s film.  What I saw is that Jags have been scoring a lot through the air. As a result, JRob’s first TD was a 15+ TD run. 

We will see more goaline TDs soon. And the kid will convert most of them, that’s his forte—making TDs. Have you seen the guy’s thighs, looking like Saquan!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mjb said:

think i saw ROS rankings as a top 55-60 player ppr

offered him 4 dionte to 0-2 team with henderson as rb2 and was rejected.

dont see why anyone would trade a rb for rb or anyway to gain or get fair value from an unknown 2 week sample size

if ur trying to move him its because hes a rb4 on ur roster in most situation that you got for free and dont see it lasting. you give me a solid ppr wr2 dk, dionte, cooper ect and i have 3 rb i like over robinson then im cashing in.

tomorrow will either sky rocket his trade value or tank it. even though a subpar game wouldnt deter me from starting him if his touches are there.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, mjb said:

I know he's not an RB but I got offered Ertz for him if that gives you any idea.

• Thanks 1

I think he's going to feast the next 4 games. Their 2nd half schedule will have more negative game scripts so if you're worried (only about a 3.5 out of 10 for me), you may be able to get someone fairly valuable back after his bye week.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mjb said:

Derrick Henry?

Dude doesn't even catch passes.

🤫🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I really hate Thursday night games. Every time I start a player for TNF, they flop due to the short turn-around week. Every. Time.

But I just know if I were to bench Robinson, he'll go off for 20+ points on my bench.

Ugh.

Edited by Gamecubesupreme
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

I really hate Thursday night games. Every time I start a player for TNF, they flop due to the short turn-around week. Every. Time.

But I just know if I were to bench Robison, he'll go off for 20 points on my bench.

Ugh.

Want to bench him, for me? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

Want to bench him, for me? 

I was hoping someone would ask 😅

• Haha 1

Thanks to everyone for those replies. Go J Rob👍

• Like 1

I benched him in two leagues and now he's starting in two leagues.....sorry in advance boys.

• Haha 1

to far back in the ww order to get him and now i'm facing the beast this week...don't feel good about this at all...dude is a star in the making