DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Ive seen a lot of people with this same core and im 0-2 with it hoping I have a chance to make the playoffs, 0-3 with 4 RB1/RB2s on my team... 

Just super unlucky scheduling man, it happens. I’m 1-1 but off to a good start this week after tonight’s performance sitting Mixon for JRob. I’ve won before starting off 0-3 once so just keep grinding and making moves!

Just now, Sizzlebshu said:

Always better to be lucky than smart. 

I'll take it.

I may sell high. I can't imagine that it can get any better than this. Might swap him for a 2nd round wr. I'm concerned that Minshew won't be able to keep the box unstacked in the future. 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Like 1

Just now, humanpuck said:

I'll take it.

I seriously mean it. Smart can only put you in the best position to get lucky. 

Just now, Kaii23 said:

I may sell high. I can't imagine that it can get any better than this. Might swap him for a 2nd round wr. 

Chris Thompson – 30 snaps
Matt Breida – 11 snaps James Robinson – 30 snaps
Jordan Howard – 4 snaps Dare Ogunbowale – 5 snaps

Probably a good idea. James Robinson was hyper efficient on his snaps, but as he saw he was basically phased out with the Jags being blown out. 

I don't put that up to put the breaks on the train, but because its very concerning given how bad the Jags D is. The offenses they face will only get better from here on out. 

Ryquill and Devine Ozigbo back next week. Chris Thompson has an established role. Very good time to try and sell high if you can. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I may sell high. I can't imagine that it can get any better than this. Might swap him for a 2nd round wr. I'm concerned that Minshew won't be able to keep the box unstacked in the future. 

Couldn't be happier with how Robinson played but I'm considering doing the same. His trade value can't get much higher.

Just now, Andy Mick said:

Couldn't be happier with how Robinson played but I'm considering doing the same. His trade value can't get much higher.

Sure it can, people outside of this circle will see the game and think Chark wasnt in and not know who this guy is. Give it 2 more weeks of you holding a free RB1 and people will realize

28 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

No one else concerned that when the game got out of hand and they went hurry up, J-Rob disappeared?

Jags are gonna get blown out a lot this season

No reason to risk your best player when the game was basically over. Thompson could get some plays and that's not a bad thing for their team long term.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TennisDude said:

No reason to risk your best player when the game was basically over. Thompson could get some plays and that's not a bad thing for their team long term.

I seriously don't think that had anything to do it with it and I don't think you do either. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

It always depends what you need and can get back, but Minshew was missing Chark, who was replaced by Conley. If Conley could catch this would have been a much different game. They were also missing their center, and their tackle got ejected in the second half. Minshew should be much better going forward.

Robinson has some tough matchups to close out the year, but if he's a 3 down back like he appears to be then that's not a huge concern. 

If you think Ryquell Armstead or Devine Ozigbo are going to affect this guys PT going forward, with all due respect, I can't hear you out.

• Like 4

Just now, AnonymousRob said:

It always depends what you need and can get back, but Minshew was missing Chark, who was replaced by Conley. If Conley could catch this would have been a much different game. They were also missing their center, and their tackle got ejected in the second half. Minshew should be much better going forward.

Robinson has some tough matchups to close out the year, but if he's a 3 down back like he appears to be then that's not a huge concern. 

Again given the snap counts, I'm not sure how you can think this. Thompson seemed pretty heavily favored in passing situations. 

1 minute ago, USWAY said:

If you think Ryquell Armstead or Devine Ozigbo are going to affect this guys PT going forward, with all due respect, I can't hear you out.

Right now they don't even have a breather back taking touches/snaps (Dare played 5). I do think getting those guys back at minimum changes that. 

5-10 snaps would be significant for an offense that runs 55-66 plays a game if they come at Robinson's expense. 

You guys are crazy.  I'd rather lose my 15th round pick, or find out it was just a fluke, than to 'sell high' and miss out on an RB1 that is genuinely carrying my team in combination with what I built in the first 3, not in spite of it.  If J.Rob ends up being a complete fluke after 3 weeks... who cares, he's already surpassed his draft day value 10 times over.

Cam + J.Rob are literally free wins and I'm riding it until the wheels fall off, for better or worse.

In fact, I did the exact opposite.  Because of James Robinson, I spent all Mon/Tue finding a package deal, shipping one of my high drafted RBs to every team who was struggling with RB depth, so Robinson is locked into my lineup until proven otherwise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

I seriously don't think that had anything to do it with it and I don't think you do either. 

Huh? I watched the entire game. Thompson didn't get significant play until the very very end of the game when the result was in the books. There was absolutely no reason to have Robinson out there after all those touches in end the game time. What are you on about? Robinson looked every bit as good a pass catcher as Thompson in this game, if not better. Not to mention he can actually rush without plastic legs. lol

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 2

Just now, Sizzlebshu said:

Right now they don't even have a breather back taking touches/snaps (Dare played 5). I do think getting those guys back at minimum changes that. 

5-10 snaps would be significant for an offense that runs 55-66 plays a game if they come at Robinson's expense. 

I think the need for a COP back decreases significantly when you're already playing a different recieving back on a good chunk of snaps.

4 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Again given the snap counts, I'm not sure how you can think this. Thompson seemed pretty heavily favored in passing situations. 

Fine, let me rephrase. If he continues to get regular targets in the passing game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

In fact, I did the exact opposite.  Because of James Robinson, I spent all Mon/Tue finding a package deal, shipping one of my high drafted RBs to every team who was struggling with RB depth, so Robinson is locked into my lineup until proven otherwise.

This is probably the right move for anyone looking to sell high. If you believe in this guy, sell one of your big name pieces for a haul and continue rocking elite production. If you don't believe in this guy, don't expect a big haul in a trade.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

You guys are crazy.  I'd rather lose my 15th round pick, or find out it was just a fluke, than to 'sell high' and miss out on an RB1 that is genuinely carrying my team in combination with what I built in the first 3, not in spite of it.  If J.Rob ends up being a complete fluke after 3 weeks... who cares, he's already surpassed his draft day value 10 times over.

Cam + J.Rob are literally free wins and I'm riding it until the wheels fall off, for better or worse.

completely disagree.

hes ur rb4 is most situation. you can cash that in for a wr like moore or godwin (something like robinson and wr3 sounds good to rb needy team from the hype im reading and inj to rb) im taking that every time in full ppr. if you dont have the rb depth then sure ride it out.

makes no sense to press ur luck if you have rb depth and can get a high end wr1/2

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

completely disagree.

hes ur rb4 is most situation. you can cash that in for a wr like moore or godwin (something like robinson and wr3 sounds good to rb needy team from the hype im reading and inj to rb) im taking that every time in full ppr. if you dont have the rb depth then sure ride it out.

makes no sense to press ur luck if you have rb depth and can get a high end wr1/2

Thats where I sit, until Mixon and Henry get it going I can start him feeling confident, but if someone offers me a WR1 I would pull the trigger I think for the simple fact we dont know if this usage can last all season and the unknown of the offense when healthy

11 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Seriously Conley was terrible tonight. Chark will help a lot when he is back. JAGS kept it close the titans and beat indy so I'm not sure why everyone is wanting to sell high based off one blowout. Plus, JROB had his best game in the blowout.

• Like 1