DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

completely disagree.

hes ur rb4 is most situation. you can cash that in for a wr like moore or godwin (something like robinson and wr3 sounds good to rb needy team from the hype im reading and inj to rb) im taking that every time in full ppr. if you dont have the rb depth then sure ride it out.

makes no sense to press ur luck if you have rb depth and can get a high end wr1/2

Nice avatar, hoping for part 2 and 3 soon.

As stated, I prefer the opposite strategy.  You're right, he was my RB4... It's about perspective though, both personal and public.  James Robinson won't get the trade value he deserves... but your RB1 or 2 still (most likely) will.

Give me James Robinson and the WR your 1st/2nd round RB can return in trade value
over
Your 1st/2nd round RB and the WR James Robinson will return in trade value.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Chris Thompson – 30 snaps
Matt Breida – 11 snaps James Robinson – 30 snaps
Jordan Howard – 4 snaps Dare Ogunbowale – 5 snaps

Probably a good idea. James Robinson was hyper efficient on his snaps, but as he saw he was basically phased out with the Jags being blown out. 

Chris Thompson is one of the premier third down backs in the league.  On the Jags, it looks like he is basically relegated to the two minute drill / hurry up back.

Instead of complaining that he was the guy during hurry up, we should be thankful he isn't also the 3rd down back.  JRob was in on 3rd down a lot more than Thompson until they had to go hurry up for basically the whole 4th quarter. 

JRob already has the first 2 downs and goal line locked up.  Its the fact that he's also the primary 3rd down back that makes him very valuable.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

You guys are crazy.  I'd rather lose my 15th round pick, or find out it was just a fluke, than to 'sell high' and miss out on an RB1 that is genuinely carrying my team in combination with what I built in the first 3, not in spite of it.  If J.Rob ends up being a complete fluke after 3 weeks... who cares, he's already surpassed his draft day value 10 times over.

Cam + J.Rob are literally free wins and I'm riding it until the wheels fall off, for better or worse.

In fact, I did the exact opposite.  Because of James Robinson, I spent all Mon/Tue finding a package deal, shipping one of my high drafted RBs to every team who was struggling with RB depth, so Robinson is locked into my lineup until proven otherwise.

What I've learned over the years is that fantasy value isn't all about ability. It's about equity. Robinson is getting this opportunity based on what he's doing on the field. But he's a few fumbles and a great Ozigbo game from being pushed back into a committee. It's better to have a back who may be a little less talented but who's built equity on the team and has a, secure position. Robinson is renting his spot. I'd rather have a back who owns his spot. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

What I've learned over the years is that fantasy value isn't all about ability. It's about equity. Robinson is getting this opportunity based on what he's doing on the field. But he's a few fumbles and a great Ozigbo game from being pushed back into a committee. It's better to have a back who may be a little less talented but who's built equity on the team and has a, secure position. Robinson is renting his spot. I'd rather have a back who owns his spot. 

And who is to say this spot isnt owned already? If my RB performed like this, I would use him til the wheels fall off. We know other people will hit the depth chart coming back from injury, but this role is his. Thompson is the pass blocking receiving back when Robinson needs a rest, but thats all

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Renting it? Who owns it?

• Like 4

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Renting it? Who owns it?

Fournette owned it. Robinson is renting to own. If he pays his rent on time all year it'll be his next year. He's an undrafted rookie. If he has a few bad games and fumbles do you honestly think they'll keep giving it to him? If you can get a more established player for him I'd try to do that. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Fournette owned it. Robinson is renting to own. If he pays his rent on time all year it'll be his next year. He's an undrafted rookie. If he has a few bad games and fumbles do you honestly think they'll keep giving it to him? If you can get a more established player for him I'd try to do that. 

He owned it so much they released him to make Robinson the main guy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

So if a rookie, who is playing at this lvl, fumbles and makes a ROOKIE mistake on a bad team are they benching him when he has already proven himself as a 3 down back? No, no I dont think so. Thats like saying if Mahomes threw a INT his first yr he is out, this man has made a role into this offense and proven himself every week no matter what the rest of the offense has looked like

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

So if a rookie, who is playing at this lvl, fumbles and makes a ROOKIE mistake on a bad team are they benching him when he has already proven himself as a 3 down back? No, no I dont think so. Thats like saying if Mahomes threw a INT his first yr he is out, this man has made a role into this offense and proven himself every week no matter what the rest of the offense has looked like

Undrafted rookie. They got him for free. Mahomes was drafted first round. That investment buys him a lot of wiggle room. And he hasn't proven anything. He had a few good games. 

Edited by Kaii23

This guy will be on a lot of championship rosters. He’s a free RB2 with td upside. Him and Robby Anderson are probably the best nearly free pickups so far.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

We can play that game with Armstead and Ozigbo, too. 

4 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Undrafted rookie. They got him for free. Mahomes was drafted first round. That investment buys him a lot of wiggle room. And he hasn't proven anything. He had a few good games. 

Hasnt proven anything... must not have watched the games. 

• Like 5

This guy doesn't even celebrate TDs. Dear doubters, are you not entertained?

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Question for you.  After seeing Robinson play, do you think the Jags cut Fournette because they liked Ozigbo?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I normally don’t do this. Just not in my DNA. But goddamn you either a really great troll or a really bad poster with bad takes. I’m thinking both at the moment. 

• Like 2

Anyway, going back to what I said in the beginning pages of the thread. This guy absolutely reminding me of a fantasy legend, the great Arian Foster. And I’m not going to lie, this was the first time I watch him in game time actions and not from highlights, he absolutely is a stud. 

Sorry you missed out on him. But stop hating on those that have shares. 

Barring injuries, he’ll take many to the promise land this year. And of course I know many will come in here and start trolling if he does get injured and be the “I told you” guy. And that is just a-hole-ish. 

Don’t be a hater and don’t be an a-hole-ish guy. 

To my fellow shareholders, leggooooooooooo

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im not selling him off for anything less than a WR1 thats top 7, this dude is a free RB1. Jonathan Taylor owners were happy, this is true happiness 

Imagine if you have both...

Don’t even entertain the one poster who is talking about Ozigbo. This is Robinson’s backfield and he will likely be one of the few bright spots on this team.

Today was the first time I really saw him, and he looked better than what I expected to see. He runs very hard, reminds me a little of MJD. He kind of has that short but strong, pinball look. 

He is going to win a lot of people games this season. Reminds me a little of when Alfred Morris went undetected and took hold of the Washington backfield.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:36 PM, Gohawks said:

This dude is not very good...

tenor.gif?itemid=15647210

source.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Dang, I traded him for Mark Ingram. 

Looking back, it is a big mistake.

• Like 1

Why are people even hating on this guy? The Jags cut Fournette because they know what Jrob can do. There is no renting anything, it’s his job to lose and that’s it. 

Back to back 20+ point weeks and people still find the time to complain. 

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

Mrs Fournette?