DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Why are people even hating on this guy? The Jags cut Fournette because they know what Jrob can do. There is no renting anything, it’s his job to lose and that’s it. 

Back to back 20+ point weeks and people still find the time to complain. 

Uhhh no but ok.

11 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Imagine if you have both...

Mack injury + Robinson's emergence will make some teams filthy especially if they went RB/RB early and hit. I'm lucky enough to rock Cook/Jacobs/JT/JRob in a league with 2 FLEX. 

This whole thread has made fantasy football so much more fun this year. Who wouldn't want to root for an underdog like JRob?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Uhhh no but ok.

Then what? If he was such superior talent why didn’t they pay him? 

I mean he’s barely getting past Rojo. 

Edited by iretirefromfantasy

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

What I've learned over the years is that fantasy value isn't all about ability. It's about equity. Robinson is getting this opportunity based on what he's doing on the field. But he's a few fumbles and a great Ozigbo game from being pushed back into a committee. It's better to have a back who may be a little less talented but who's built equity on the team and has a, secure position. Robinson is renting his spot. I'd rather have a back who owns his spot. 

This is such old school thinking. Bell has "equity". But what is that equity really worth besides a shinny name? Mixon has equity and unless that offense improves quickly he's probably not going to do much for HALF the season. By the time he may get it going you could be out of the playoffs. And I have Mixon so not biased here. Gurley has equity and he may be serviceable but he isn't going to win the league for you. Guys from the past like Arian foster, Miles Austin, etc who you got for free and who performed like RB1's and WR1's are the guys that will win the league for you. 

• Like 2

It's all about the eye test as far as I'm concerned and then you weigh the negative factors. Robinson looks better than Le'Veon from last year and Gurley this year, and his production only confirms that. Mixon looks fine, but the negatives are real. He has a coach that refuses to use him in negative game script situations and an OL that doesn't support him being able to put up big yards/TDs on the ground. Robinson looks like he will be more reliable moving forward, although I'm not one to discount Mixon's talent winning out.

16 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Then what? If he was such superior talent why didn’t they pay him? 

I mean he’s barely getting past Rojo. 

Because if you are a team that isn’t in a position to win laying a back is dumb and it’s even more dumb when that back is a locker room problem. 

can someone TLDR a timeline this 60 page thread?

after his statline, i knew this thread was gonna blow up lol! whats the record of pages, assuming its the og hype derrick henry thread. 

As a Fournette owner last season, Robinson looks way better. Fournette has was great in fantasy last season, but he was strictly a volume guy. And he didn’t break tackles or make runs for himself. He needed a hole, and sometimes he wouldn’t hit the right hole. How many times would fournette have negative yards or no gains? A lot. Robinson is great because he takes what’s given and can make plays when they aren’t there.

Fournette is like a lot of overhyped RBs. They are simply overhyped. They are nothing more than a big name.

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

can someone TLDR a timeline this 60 page thread?

after his statline, i knew this thread was gonna blow up lol! whats the record of pages, assuming its the og hype derrick henry thread. 

Josh Gordon is the king of this forum. Always will be and no one will come close. This thread won't even sniff his massive threads that would shut down the entire forum.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Bv6tFgb.gif?noredirect

• Like 3

Re: the Thompson snap share, Robinson is showing us in real-time he can handle and make the most of the passing game so it’s not impossible that he will get more hurry up looks in practice. The coaches are still learning what they have in him. Put another way: did Chris Thompson do more with his snaps and passing touches? No he didn’t... 

And to the equity thing discussed above they were planning to play this guy, and listed him as the starter, when ozigbo and armstead were still in the picture. And we have a large data set of JAG for those guys. 

Edited by cyberer

6 hours ago, Sizzlebshu said:

I don't put that up to put the breaks on the train, but because its very concerning given how bad the Jags D is. The offenses they face will only get better from here on out. 

Ryquill and Devine Ozigbo back next week. Chris Thompson has an established role. Very good time to try and sell high if you can. 

This is a dumb take imo. This Jags team was just as bad last year and Leonard Fournette was the #9 RB in our format. And I believe JRob is a better back than Fournette. Sell if you want, but they way RBs go down every year and his upcoming schedule, you will definitely regret it later. Either because of injuries and now you need him, or he continued to ball out and his value is even higher.

Minshew needs Chark. When he's back, hopefully next Sunday, he'll help relieve some pressure on Cole and Co. Robinson looks legit and looks to have his QB's confidence. I don't know if he'll get a million dump offs every week like he did last night, but damn, the kid passes the eye test with flying colors and has since week 1. He's dynamic, gets fed, and gets yards. Best draft pick I never made hahaa. May be the best $0 FA I've ever gotten pre-week 1. So Hyped!! CHOOO CHOOOO!!!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 9:38 PM, Sizzlebshu said:

I also don’t think Robinson is eating into Thompson’s role, but I would need to see the snap logs to confirm that. My guess is that they show Robinson got a couple of targets on pressure plays as a check down as opposed to having a play ran for him. 

Where are you at this morning? JR was like GD "Thompson Monster" last night.

Cookie_Monster_Life_Coach_-_eats_air.gif

*Munch, munch, munch* Yum! Thompson catches are goooooood! Thompson Monster, happy

Also, are you still predicting that Ozigbo and Armstead will platoon Robinson's touches?

• Haha 2

This guy is everything that’s great about FF, and everything that sucks about FF at the same time. Great for those who said wtf and picked him up not expecting much, and sucks for those who are getting less production from 1st round RBs.

It’s amazing that with all the NFL professionals scouting/analyzing prospects, studying film, etc, and all the fantasy  “experts”, and so many of us doing research, that a guy who seems to be a great RB somehow went completely overlooked and undrafted in the NFL, never mind by us fantasy nerds. How does this happen? Meanwhile, we spend the summer talking about how beastly Joe Mixon is going to be. (No, I’m not a Mixon owner)

Just a couple weeks ago Mixon was a 1st round fantasy pick and Robinson was largely undrafted. Two weeks later most of us would rather have Robinson. Crazy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sizzlebshu said:

I don't put that up to put the breaks on the train, but because its very concerning given how bad the Jags D is. The offenses they face will only get better from here on out. 

Ryquill and Devine Ozigbo back next week. Chris Thompson has an established role. Very good time to try and sell high if you can. 

You sound salty. Missed out on him?

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Primary ball carrier. 

Goal line back.

One less target than Thompson.

They love his pass protection.

Ladies and gentlemen we have an OFFICIAL bell cow on our hands.

Something unheard of in todays NFL. Atleast one of a few...

On 9/4/2020 at 5:53 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

When news of Firnette being released came out I sprinted to my waiver wire and added James Robinson in almost every league, at least my leagues with deep enough bench spots that I could roster him without a problem

Looks like a good prospect but played at illinois state so his highlights are not against the best competition but shows a good ability to shed tackles, he has some good cut backs. I passed on ozigbo in a couple of leagues in favor of robinson. Ozigbo has been around a while and never flashed all that much. Robinson has been getting great reviews thus far and has a bit more breakout potential I think.

Good dynasty stash to see if he can be the next Phillip lindsay or something similar.

GleefulAgonizingCygnet-max-1mb.gif

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1

If there was a bright spot from my Barkley injury... it forced me to put JRob in the lineup (along with JJacobs).  Great start to my match this week!

• Like 1

Next four weeks:

@CINC

@HOU

DET

BYE

Very good matchups.

He stays in my lineup no questions asked.

• Like 1

Just now, kyoun1e said:

Next four weeks:

@CINC

@HOU

DET

BYE

Very good matchups.

He stays in my lineup no questions asked.

I’m benching him against BYE there’s a 100% chance he’s getting a zero in that game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1