DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

It's not a common phrase at all. I've never heard it in day-to-day conversation or in a business setting in my life.

And now it's my fault that my co-workers don't understand what "non-zero" means?  

Is this guy for real? 🤔

Which guy?

Not to get all Descartes on you, but I believe I am real.  I suppose that counts for something.

8 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Then just say "it's possible". Why use a term the majority of the population doesn't understand? I guarantee if I used that term at work or with my friends I get strange looks of confusion, followed by laughter for trying to look smart. 

"Hey look at smarty over there being smart!  Neeeeeerrrrrrrd!"

But seriously, you know what non means, you know what zero means....right?   This isn't hard.  

• Like 1

Lol, it usually takes 5-6 weeks of NFL games before fantasy players start having an existential crisis, but here we are..........or are we?

• Haha 2

Just now, BrianM said:

Lol, it usually takes 5-6 weeks of NFL games before fantasy players start having an existential crisis, but here we are..........or are we?

I took prepping very seriously this year.

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

It's not a common phrase at all. I've never heard it in day-to-day conversation or in a business setting in my life.

And now it's my fault that my co-workers don't understand what "non-zero" means?  

Is this guy for real? 🤔

Sorry man, but it is a very very common phrase. 

I’m not sure what “business” setting you’re talking about. But it is common in both personal and business vernacular. I don’t know why we’re still debating this. 

Not to mention, just use common sense. What does “non-zero” mean? Maybe not zero?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Is this guy for real? 🤔

Yes, it is. And again even if you haven't heard it before I'm pretty sure most middle schoolers could piece together what "nonzero" means without throwing a hissy fit and accusing someone of not speaking English. 

Edited by Baur10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BrianM said:

"Hey look at smarty over there being smart!  Neeeeeerrrrrrrd!"

But seriously, you know what non means, you know what zero means....right?   This isn't hard.  

Ever heard of plain language?  It's pretty common in business setting and in the rear world.

I'm sure I could invent some convoluted method of speaking too, but what's the point? 

Ok maybe I’m getting a little too caught up on the hype train but why do I feel he has a chance to run away with the job unlike the RBBC some are speculating will happen? Understand he has a bad Oline and the team is bad and all but Fournette was getting drafted in the 3rd/4th with a guaranteed workload, who’s to say this guy won’t be the man judging by what the team has said and done with him.

I’m all for holding handcuffs (even other people’s handcuffs) over RB3/flex types especially when you’re set at the RB position but man... would it hurt to miss out if the guy does work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UVA_Drew said:

Sorry man, but it is a very very common phrase. 

I’m not sure what “business” setting you’re talking about. But it is common in both personal and business vernacular. I don’t know why we’re still debating this. 

Not to mention, just use common sense. What does “non-zero” mean? Maybe not zero?

I'm sorry man it's not common at all. Maybe in your little fantasy world it is. But I've been working in business over 20 years now and it's never come up. 

46 minutes ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

What will happen to Robinson after Armstead returns?

Robinson will have won the job outright by then

Edit: Will have won the 1st & 2nd down role. Passing downs will keep going to Thompson if he's healthy

Edited by Breesus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Espoiral said:

Ok maybe I’m getting a little too caught up on the hype train but why do I feel he has a chance to run away with the job unlike the RBBC some are speculating will happen? Understand he has a bad Oline and the team is bad and all but Fournette was getting drafted in the 3rd/4th with a guaranteed workload, who’s to say this guy won’t be the man judging by what the team has said and done with him.

I’m all for holding handcuffs (even other people’s handcuffs) over RB3/flex types especially when you’re set at the RB position but man... would it hurt to miss out if the guy does work.

This dude... exactly if you have a chance at a starter over a definite bench player you take it... cause that high end cuff may never get the chance 

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

Yes, it is. And again even if you haven't heard it before I'm pretty sure most middle schoolers could piece together what "nonzero" means without throwing a hissy fit that someone isn't speaking English. 

But why use it?  Do you feel smart saying "there's a non-zero chance" instead of "it's possible"? Another poster here found it confusing too. 

I'm sorry for having derailed this thread with my use of the term nonzero.

Let's get back on track.  My point was, this could be the type of situation like we had with Alfred Morris in 2012, I believe it is possible.

It's also possible (and more likely) that you cut Robinson.  But this is the point where it costs you nothing to find out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I can tell a lot of you guys are already salty about the prospect of missing out of him on waivers.... Definitely gonna have to try and grab him then

3 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Right there with ya.  Took him over one over my own player's "upside" handcuffs. He may bust but he has a helluva lot more chance of hitting than hoping a guy gets injured.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

Right there with ya.  Took him over one over my own player's "upside" handcuffs. He may bust but he has a helluva lot more chance of hitting than hoping a guy gets injured.

And less ghoulish too.  Which I know is a necessary byproduct of our game, but I dig these types of scenarios much more than the "yay, that dude got hurt and I have the number one waiver/most FAAB money" deals.

1 minute ago, SteelersScotty said:

Would you cut Kerryon Johnson for Robinson? That's what I'm considering right now...

I would. 

Would you cut Kerryon Johnson for Robinson? That's what I'm considering right now...

got dam no... but add JR at cost of back up te or something else... both are gonna eat

Edited by hard1

Them signing AD has me thinking Swift ain't right.  But then again it may indicate they're also not all that confident in Kerryon.

Ironically this situation may be clearer.

7 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I can tell a lot of you guys are already salty about the prospect of missing out of him on waivers.... Definitely gonna have to try and grab him then

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Them signing AD has me thinking Swift ain't right.  But then again it may indicate they're also not all that confident in Kerryon.

Ironically this situation may be clearer.

Or maybe extra depth in case of covid/injury season. Especially with lack of a preseason and players more prone to soft tissue injuries.

• Like 1

Just now, jkendrick2 said:

Or maybe extra depth in case of covid/injury season. Especially with lack of a preseason and players more prone to soft tissue injuries.

Could be.  Topic for another thread probably.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hard1 said:

got dam no... but add JR at cost of back up te or something else... both are gonna eat

Eh...my back-up TE is Jonnu Smith, and I think he's likely in for a bigger year than Robinson, and the only RB lower than Kerryon on my depth chart is Marlon Mack, and it might not be wise to cut him while he's still the starter in Indy.

Thanks for the feedback though.

6 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

But why use it?  Do you feel smart saying "there's a non-zero chance" instead of "it's possible"? Another poster here found it confusing too. 

Because it implies that something might be unlikely but not out of the realm of possibility, which is more specific than just "it's possible". And again it's not an uncommon phrase.  

• Like 1