DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

I’m benching him against BYE there’s a 100% chance he’s getting a zero in that game.

I wouldnt be surprised if he did "Score.." on his bye week. 

• Haha 1

Set 'n' fo- get!!!!!

J Rob, I salute you my friend... watched a video of him after he was UDFA signed and not drafted....reporter asked if he had " a chip on his shoulder"...he had a great attitude about it but was like 'of course' and 'I will keep working hard'...instantly scooped him in every league (this was late August) ...big fan, he deserves all the best....

lets goooooooooo

• Haha 1

It’s FF, so anything can happen. But if anyone is thinking of trading Robinson, it shouldn’t be because of Ozigbo or Armstead coming back. They are the Jeopardy answer to who are two dudes destined to fill out NFL rosters.

If your team is loaded at RB and hurting at WR, I could see trying to trade for a WR. But I’m in the camp that you’ll likely get more from another “name” RB and should keep Robinson.

And for people who have asked about Robinson for Mixon as a barometer of value, zero chance I’m trading Robinson for Mixon straight up at this point. Could Mixon outscore Robinson ROS? Sure. But I’m not letting where someone was drafted trump actual performance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Why are people even hating on this guy? The Jags cut Fournette because they know what Jrob can do. There is no renting anything, it’s his job to lose and that’s it. 

Back to back 20+ point weeks and people still find the time to complain. 

It’s the RW forum. The right answer to your question in here is that they’re hating because they missed out on him. Lol. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Robisnon said one of his hobbies is playing golf. He will beat Dustin Johnson in a round of golf during the bye week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Butters said:

It’s FF, so anything can happen. But if anyone is thinking of trading Robinson, it shouldn’t be because of Ozigbo or Armstead coming back. They are the Jeopardy answer to who are two dudes destined to fill out NFL rosters.

If your team is loaded at RB and hurting at WR, I could see trying to trade for a WR. But I’m in the camp that you’ll likely get more from another “name” RB and should keep Robinson.

And for people who have asked about Robinson for Mixon as a barometer of value, zero chance I’m trading Robinson for Mixon straight up at this point. Could Mixon outscore Robinson ROS? Sure. But I’m not letting where someone was drafted trump actual performance.

I have JRob and had the Mixon offer floating out there.... but the other team declinded it last night before the game started.  Oooops

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

there, i see whut you did

😁

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Primary ball carrier. 

Goal line back.

One less target than Thompson.

They love his pass protection.

Ladies and gentlemen we have an OFFICIAL bell cow on our hands.

Minshew was under fire all night and Robinson was almost always getting open down under unless he was back helping with blocking in the pocket. In those instances he was holding his own every single time. CT couldn't get anything going when in and it wasn't all his fault but this game revealed that JR is a three down back with power, vision and hands. He established himself, he was the only steady piece in a night of chaos.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

This guy is everything that’s great about FF, and everything that sucks about FF at the same time. Great for those who said wtf and picked him up not expecting much, and sucks for those who are getting less production from 1st round RBs.

It’s amazing that with all the NFL professionals scouting/analyzing prospects, studying film, etc, and all the fantasy  “experts”, and so many of us doing research, that a guy who seems to be a great RB somehow went completely overlooked and undrafted in the NFL, never mind by us fantasy nerds. How does this happen? Meanwhile, we spend the summer talking about how beastly Joe Mixon is going to be. (No, I’m not a Mixon owner)

Just a couple weeks ago Mixon was a 1st round fantasy pick and Robinson was largely undrafted. Two weeks later most of us would rather have Robinson. Crazy.

This happens occasionally no matter the era. Many people say its because he bombed in the 40 at combine.

Edited by Spyplane

19 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

I’m benching him against BYE there’s a 100% chance he’s getting a zero in that game.

🤔 Not giving into the hype, huh? 

14 minutes ago, Butters said:

People shouldn't trade for him because he's popped. The time to trade for him has come and gone if you're doing this right.

55 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

This guy is everything that’s great about FF, and everything that sucks about FF at the same time. Great for those who said wtf and picked him up not expecting much, and sucks for those who are getting less production from 1st round RBs.

It’s amazing that with all the NFL professionals scouting/analyzing prospects, studying film, etc, and all the fantasy  “experts”, and so many of us doing research, that a guy who seems to be a great RB somehow went completely overlooked and undrafted in the NFL, never mind by us fantasy nerds. How does this happen? Meanwhile, we spend the summer talking about how beastly Joe Mixon is going to be. (No, I’m not a Mixon owner)

Just a couple weeks ago Mixon was a 1st round fantasy pick and Robinson was largely undrafted. Two weeks later most of us would rather have Robinson. Crazy.

JaMycal Hasty and James Robinson started out around the same spot on the depth chart a d look what a few weeks did for James. If you have a deep bench well, then, I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

8 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Minshew was under fire all night and Robinson was almost always getting open down under unless he was back helping with blocking in the pocket. In those instances he was holding his own every single time. CT couldn't get anything going when in and it wasn't all his fault but this game revealed that JR is a three down back with power, vision and hands. He established himself, he was the only steady piece in a night of chaos.

And the coaches will watch this film, and they will adjust the gameplan even more to feature/favor JRob - we may have just seen the last 2-minute/hurry up role from CT this year. My guess is after last night CT is nothing but a backup to give the bellcow starter a breather on a series here and there.
Early down back with excellent vision, burst, and ability to add yards after contact.
Excellent pass protection when held back in the pocket.
Great hands (6 receptions on 6 targets last night) and makes plays after the catch.
Demonstrated good goal-line power and ability to burst through the hole/line when it counted.
I'd honestly be hard-pressed to trade him for all but a few RBs in any 1-for-1 deal right now. We're only just now starting to see what this kid can do, and I'm sure the best is yet to come. Last night was a great game to finally be able to watch him play and I was not disappointed whatsoever.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, kp96 said:

Chris Thompson is one of the premier third down backs in the league.  On the Jags, it looks like he is basically relegated to the two minute drill / hurry up back.

Instead of complaining that he was the guy during hurry up, we should be thankful he isn't also the 3rd down back.  JRob was in on 3rd down a lot more than Thompson until they had to go hurry up for basically the whole 4th quarter. 

JRob already has the first 2 downs and goal line locked up.  Its the fact that he's also the primary 3rd down back that makes him very valuable.

Let's also not forget that Thompson got steamrolled (one was epic destruction) 3 times in pass protection and got Minshew destroyed in that 4th quarter. He's not gonna play much unless they are down big. In stark contrast JRob has looked amazing in pass protection as well.It was a 3 TD deficit, so Thompson got some reps, that's it. lol

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

And the coaches will watch this film, and they will adjust the gameplan even more to feature/favor JRob - we may have just seen the last 2-minute/hurry up role from CT this year. My guess is after last night CT is nothing but a backup to give the bellcow starter a breather on a series here and there.
Early down back with excellent vision, burst, and ability to add yards after contact.
Excellent pass protection when held back in the pocket.
Great hands (6 receptions on 6 targets last night) and makes plays after the catch.
Demonstrated good goal-line power and ability to burst through the hole/line when it counted.
I'd honestly be hard-pressed to trade him for all but a few RBs in any 1-for-1 deal right now. We're only just now starting to see what this kid can do, and I'm sure the best is yet to come. Last night was a great game to finally be able to watch him play and I was not disappointed whatsoever.

This is so accurate.

Last night I was watching a young man seize an opportunity. JRob was electric in the receiving game, over 10 yards per reception. Thompson was trash with his opportunities. Gruden loves thompson but JRob is earning those snaps and we are seeing what Gruden saw flashes of in camp, it's why Gruden stated he thinks JRob is a 3 down back.

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Low blow, you must have missed the train.

He's waiting at the station. We're not turning around for him. 🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Low blow, you must have missed the train.

Jesus man. Are you ever not defensive. It's a joke, not a James Robinson dig

Just now, owenmills said:

Jesus man. Are you ever not defensive. It's a joke, not a James Robinson dig

Sorry brotato chip, I must have missed the laughing emoji or lol you put in your post so I could know it was a joke. It's not like you are in front of my face saying it so I can read your facial expressions to know that you are kidding. 

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sorry brotato chip, I must have missed the laughing emoji or lol you put in your post so I could know it was a joke. It's not like you are in front of my face saying it so I can read your facial expressions to know that you are kidding. 

Fair enough. It wasn't a great comparison anyways, because Robinson is actually producing. How about best RB I've seen since Ryan Torain? 😄

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He's waiting at the station. We're not turning around for him. 🤣

I’d pay you some FAAB to come back for me but I spent it all on Nyheim Hines

Just now, owenmills said:

I’d pay you some FAAB to come back for me but I spent it all on Nyheim Hines

That is rough. I got stung by that guy in a league last week too.

Ok I know this is a love fest, and rightly so. James Robinson is awesome.

But lets talk logically. What would you sell him for in terms of WR compensation? If some of you are fortunate to have him as your 3rd or 4th RB (because he was a late draft pick or waiver pick up) what would it take to capitalize on the hype and production and sell high?

I always think, if redraft was today, what round would he go in?

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

Ok I know this is a love fest, and rightly so. James Robinson is awesome.

But lets talk logically. What would you sell him for in terms of WR compensation? If some of you are fortunate to have him as your 3rd or 4th RB (because he was a late draft pick or waiver pick up) what would it take to capitalize on the hype and production and sell high?

I always think, if redraft was today, what round would he go in?

I'm offering him for Derrick Henry in a standard league where Henry went #3 overall.

I love this guy but I also want guys who peak at the end of the season, not rookies who haven't played a 16 game schedule.

• Like 1