DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'm offering him for Derrick Henry in a standard league where Henry went #3 overall.

I love this guy but I also want guys who peak at the end of the season, not rookies who haven't played a 16 game schedule.

I don't think that's going to be an accept due to Henry's draft equity and it's only been 2-3 games so far in this season.

But to throw out some WR names

Ridley

Metcalf

Godwin

Cooper

Galloday

Are these attainable?

8 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Ok I know this is a love fest, and rightly so. James Robinson is awesome.

But lets talk logically. What would you sell him for in terms of WR compensation? If some of you are fortunate to have him as your 3rd or 4th RB (because he was a late draft pick or waiver pick up) what would it take to capitalize on the hype and production and sell high?

I always think, if redraft was today, what round would he go in?

If he were only my #3 or 4 RB I probably wouldn't want to move him. As we saw last week, injuries can pile up out of nowhere.

That being said, I think I'd want something along the value of a Ridley/Julio/Hill - the tier immediately underneath Thomas, Adams, Nuk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I don't think that's going to be an accept due to Henry's draft equity and it's only been 2-3 games so far in this season.

Ridley

Metcalf

Godwin

Cooper

Galloday

Are these attainable?

Anybody is attainable depending on the owner.

Ya never know, if the owner is 0-2 you never know if they want someone who is hot to help them win now, I might have to sweeten the deal but I'm fine with that.

17 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

But lets talk logically. What would you sell him for in terms of WR compensation? If some of you are fortunate to have him as your 3rd or 4th RB (because he was a late draft pick or waiver pick up) what would it take to capitalize on the hype and production and sell high?

I'd be more willing to trade my RB1 or RB2 at this point because chances are people still won't give you equal value because he wasn't a big name/high draft pick. At this point I'd only take a low end WR1 for him considering the value of having good RBs is so high. If you really want to trade J-Rob, wait one more week when he torches the Bengals and proves to the rest of your league that this he's a stud.

With that being said and to answer your question, if redraft was happening again today, I would probably target him in the third round after the top tier of proven RBs and WRs. Which would be right about where the low end WR1s are getting drafted.

Edited by GoPackGo23

21 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

In full PPR his season avg. ranking is 25th in the league, 8th among RBs. He also has a nice schedule over the next five weeks or so. (selling points)

I know it's not scientific but his FP rest of season rank was around 60th prior to last night in full PPR. Don't use that as an accurate forecast but rather use that as a barometer of what he may be valued at in the eyes of your league members. WRs in that range are names like AJ Brown, Tyler Boyd, Marquise Brown & Julian Edelman. I think he's worth more than that now. I'd shoot for someone like: D.J. Chark Jr., Diontae Johnson, Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen & Stefon Diggs. 

I'd have a hard time letting go right now. I don't think he's hit his ceiling. That's just me.

Edit: in a trade discussions always make sure your first offer is something that's not insulting but that you think they will quickly reject. So when I say "shoot for", I mean more along the lines of "settle for".

Edited by Spyplane

9 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Ridley

Metcalf

Godwin

Cooper

Galloday

Are these attainable?

Who does your Barkely and CMC owners have on roster?

Just now, GoPackGo23 said:

I'd be more willing to trade my RB1 or RB2 at this point because chances are people still won't give you equal value because he wasn't a big name/high draft pick. At this point I'd only take a low end WR1 for him considering the value of having good RBs is so high. If you really want to trade J-Rob, wait one more week when he torches the Bengals and proves to the rest of your league that this he's a stud.

I agree with this. People are always hesitant to trade a top draft pick for a late round guy or waiver pick up even if that waiver pick up has shown to be a stud. Don't want to get too much into CSB territory but on one 12 team .5 PPR team where I own Jrob, I also own Zeke, Drake (Edmunds w/ cuff), Montgomery, Robinson and Gaskins. Trying to shop the latter 3 has proved to be difficult (before last nights game, received offers like landry, pittman, MVS, etc for JRob) even though they are all performing on their own end.If other people are in the same scenario and you are comfortable with jrob, it could very well make a lot of sense to shop your top rb draft picks and obtain equal wr compensation that way (or TE, or WR or whichever positional group you want to upgrade).

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I'd shoot for someone like: D.J. Chark Jr., Diontae Johnson, Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen & Stefon Diggs.

I wouldn't trade him for any of them. You need to shoot higher or keep him

Just now, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I was thinking a bit higher as well. With that tier, might as well keep him.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

JaMycal Hasty and James Robinson started out around the same spot on the depth chart a d look what a few weeks did for James. If you have a deep bench well, then, I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

I hear you, close to jumping on that train...

11 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Ridley

Metcalf

Godwin

Cooper

Galloday

Are these attainable?

Anyone's attainable in the right situation, although it will be tricky. I can't see anybody giving up Ridley though, unless they literally have no RBs and loads of WRs. Golladay likewise - just because owners will see light at the end of the tunnel with him coming back this week. Metcalf has balled out so far and I can't see it changing in the next few weeks, and Cooper has been terrific despite not getting a single TD.

Of those five, Godwin is the most attainable - and I should know, I essentially got him for JRob this week (Godwin/Singletary for JRob/Fuller). Obviously he missed last week, and there are questions over his place in the TB offense. I'm not as worried. Some owners will be. 

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I hear you, close to jumping on that train...

Difference is there's good / better players in front of Hasty.  Robinson is the alpha and the rest stink anyways

8 hours ago, Andy Mick said:

Couldn't be happier with how Robinson played but I'm considering doing the same. His trade value can't get much higher.

I think you're wrong here, I think his value will be at its peak going into the week 7 bye.  So I'd sell him in week 6 if I was going to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

Anyone's attainable in the right situation, although it will be tricky. I can't see anybody giving up Ridley though, unless they literally have no RBs and loads of WRs. Golladay likewise - just because owners will see light at the end of the tunnel with him coming back this week. Metcalf has balled out so far and I can't see it changing in the next few weeks, and Cooper has been terrific despite not getting a single TD.

I mean, a trade should be win/win for both teams. Jrob has shown his performance level and fantasy output is in line with the likes of 2nd and 3rd draftees. 

In a redraft today, where would JRob go, probably that 2/3rd turn right? That's pretty much where all those WRs should go as well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

This is pretty much what I said in my post if you go back.

Snap Count/Touches

1. James Robinson – 30 snaps/17 touches
  2. Chris Thompson – 30 snaps/7 touches
  3. Dare Ogunbowale – 5 snaps/0 touches
  4. Total: 65 of 66 snaps.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Snap Count/Touches

The knock against JR should have led to him getting about half this many snaps, it true because they were down big.

Edited by Spyplane

Just now, Spyplane said:

Snap Count/Touches

I'm good with that 50/50 split due to the game script. They were behind the whole game, and majority of the time behind by 2 scores or more. JRob has shown to be a better receiver than anticipated. Thompson has shown he never lasts the whole season. And who's worried about Armstead? lol

Robinson’s value hasn’t peaked yet. When he continues to play well and more RB get injured is when you try and deal him but you would have to be absolutely stacked at RB to move him. I’m not trading him and I’m fine at RB.

Edited by ponchsox
  • Like 2

I regret looking over this guy because he was I drafted, third on the depth chart, beat writers saying Ryquell then Ozigbo, etc. Watched him destroy me last night. 
So far the waiver wire pickup of the year. 

42 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Agreed, those are really low targets for JRob at this point. If I was looking for a WR in straight up trade I'd go for guys like Godwin, Juju, Ridley, maybe ARob.

49 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Difference is there's good / better players in front of Hasty.  Robinson is the alpha and the rest stink anyways

I’d like to agree, but if Robinson is so great why couldn’t professional NFL scouts see it? How can be be sure Hasty isn’t superior to Mostert?

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 1

When I see him run the rock he looks like a legitimate RB1. He has excellent vision and balance and an excellent burst through the hole. 

• Like 1