DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I’d like to agree, but if Robinson is so great why couldn’t professional NFL scouts see it? How can be be sure Hasty isn’t superior to Mostert?

Arian Foster. It happens.

17 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Robinson’s value hasn’t peaked yet. When he continues to play well and more RB get injured is when you try and deal him but you would have to be absolutely stacked at RB to move him. I’m not trading him and I’m fine at RB.

Not sure about that. The other backs will return soon. Now may be the best time to move him. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Chris Carson too. Though he was drafted but 7th round might as well be undrafted.

13 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Not sure about that. The other backs will return soon. Now may be the best time to move him. 

I’m not concerned 

17 minutes ago, Magoo said:

This happens all the time at all levels.  

College fans are so up in arms when a *5 Star* doesn't live up to the billing.  Yet professional franchises that pay millions of dollars to scouts (who have the advantage of seeing the guys play at the college level) don't even get things correct.  Tom Brady was a 6th rounder.  Russell Wilson a 3rd, who had to beat out Flynn just to get the job.  

My biggest regret of the season thus far. Slept on him big time.

He went in the 2nd to last round of our draft, which was two days before the start of the season.

Ugh...

17 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Why would you be worried about that?  He has clearly won this job and he was the guy they had pegged before the other guys even went on IR.  

Absolute steal of the year waiver wire add.  

12 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Chris Carson too. Though he was drafted but 7th round might as well be undrafted.

Wasn't he the last pick in the draft?

9 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

Fournette owned it. Robinson is renting to own. If he pays his rent on time all year it'll be his next year. He's an undrafted rookie. If he has a few bad games and fumbles do you honestly think they'll keep giving it to him? If you can get a more established player for him I'd try to do that. 

We're talking about a running back.  RB is the one position that a talented rookie can come in and be great right away.  QB?  TE?  Very difficult bc of the learning curve.  Even WR is very difficult.  However we see RBs come in new all the time and just dominate.  All they need to know is where the hole is supposed to be, and then it's all talent (vision, speed, moves, etc.).  

If you take the attitude that he has additional risk bc he is a rookie, you are going to miss out on lots of big years.  CEH is a rookie too...you telling me you wouldn't want him on your team?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

CT is the one who should be worried about losing his job when the other backs get healthy, not JRob.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Ill see your Arian Foster and raise you a Raheem Mostert. 

Another good one...  I mean, the guy was a college WR at Purdue.  

12 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Ill see your Arian Foster and raise you a Raheem Mostert. 

Mostert more a product of the system though Mlike Anderson. Foster wasn’t and J Rob is clearly the real deal regardless of system.

9 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

What I've learned over the years is that fantasy value isn't all about ability. It's about equity. Robinson is getting this opportunity based on what he's doing on the field. But he's a few fumbles and a great Ozigbo game from being pushed back into a committee. It's better to have a back who may be a little less talented but who's built equity on the team and has a, secure position. Robinson is renting his spot. I'd rather have a back who owns his spot. 

There is maybe a dozen such rbs in the league. 1 on ir and the other is done for the year. Nobody is trading you one for JR so just enjoy the lotto ticket while it lasts

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philly4life553 said:

If he continues to get work in the passing game. Could we be seeing an RB1? 

The way I break it down is this -

- Fournette last year was pretty good on basically the same team.  His big problem was TDs

- Robinson looks just as good, if not a little better, than Fournette

- Fournette did get more volume, so that's the potential negative, but it looks like JRob isn't going to have the TD problems.  He already has as many as Fournette had last year.

I'm looking at JRob as basically the equivalent of 2019 Fournette, all things considered.  He's a solid RB2 with RB1 upside.  If Fournette had 10 tds last year instead of 3, he would have been a clear cut RB1.

Edited by kp96
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, collucho said:

Moving forward...last night was his floor. 

Sigh. Just because the snap share was low and it was a negative game script doesn’t mean 27 points is his floor. 

This is a very common point chasey / recency bias mistake FF players make. Every game is different. JRob has one of the better floors in the game because (besides the fact that he’s good) he’s the primary ball carrier. When Chark is back there won’t be as many short passes which is how he popped last night. Miami completely shut down the WR core and he benefited. 

I love the guy and he’s clearly high end RB2 at worst but last night was not the floor.

Edited by Magoo

11 minutes ago, JAG_challam said:

CT is the one who should be worried about losing his job when the other backs get healthy, not JRob.

This is exactly right. Robinson looked better out of the backfield, and he definitely looked better in pass pro. 

Didn’t see anyone post his highlights yet. He sure has some violent cuts and a burst that leaves guys diving for him or straight up falling down. You can see it on his first catch in this video. He makes two impressive cuts. The first one has the defender slip and fall and the next has the defender over pursue and dive for him grabbing at air. I have seen guys dive and miss on several of his runs this year as he just bursts right by them. 

• Thanks 1