DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

More of a cool story bro, but I've sent this to the league 2 weeks in a row 😂

image.png

20 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

I think Ryquell or Ozigbo will get a handful of touches when one is healthy.  As much as I'd love for Robinson to get max touches all year I don't see them pumping a rookie RB with 20+ touches a game  when they have no chance at the playoffs and they have other serviceable options.

Right, so nothing changes, because they're not pumping him with 20+ touches a game now.

• Like 1

Just now, Spyplane said:

Right, so nothing changes, because they're not pumping him with 20+ touches a game now.

Yes JRob continues to be The Pick Up of The Year.

#PUOTY

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

Yes JRob continues to be The Pick Up of The Year.

#PUOTY

Fantasy MVP*. Fixed it

Through three weeks here are his averages:

1. Total yards: 113 yards/game
  2. Touchdowns: 1 TD/game
  3. Touches: 17/game
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

Through three weeks here are his averages:

1. Total yards: 113 yards/game
  2. Touchdowns: 1 TD/game
  3. Touches: 17/game
  1. 4.9 Y/A
  2. 12.9 Y/R
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 2:53 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

When news of Firnette being released came out I sprinted to my waiver wire and added James Robinson in almost every league, at least my leagues with deep enough bench spots that I could roster him without a problem

Looks like a good prospect but played at illinois state so his highlights are not against the best competition but shows a good ability to shed tackles, he has some good cut backs. I passed on ozigbo in a couple of leagues in favor of robinson. Ozigbo has been around a while and never flashed all that much. Robinson has been getting great reviews thus far and has a bit more breakout potential I think.

Can't give enough props to DerrickHenrysCleats for finding this beast.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Didn’t see anyone post his highlights yet. He sure has some violent cuts and a burst that leaves guys diving for him or straight up falling down. You can see it on his first catch in this video. He makes two impressive cuts. The first one has the defender slip and fall and the next has the defender over pursue and dive for him grabbing at air. I have seen guys dive and miss on several of his runs this year as he just bursts right by them. 

Watching this just reminds me how amazing his body control and hands are. Some of those passes like on the 4th and 11 would have been difficult for more RB's to secure. The body control he had on the 2nd TD was pretty amazing as well, watching it in live action he looked like he was short, but he was able to essentially crawl under all those bodies keeping his knees and elbows off the turf and reach for the TD.  

I find this lack of faith in James Robinson to be disturbing

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

More of a cool story bro, but I've sent this to the league 2 weeks in a row 😂

image.png

I did this to myself lol. Drafted Ozigbo, did a quick google search to find Robinson was on top of the depth chart and then drafted Robinson the next round haha. 

3 minutes ago, JDE said:

I find this lack of faith in James Robinson to be disturbing

Yeah guys if you're salty you didn't pick up the PUOTY you can still trade for him.

Sooner is better than later as remember the legend of James Robinson grows exponentially.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

James Robinson is a good runner, probably should have and would have been drafted by an NFL team under normal circumstances. 

That said, I don't know how much longer the Minshew and the Jaguars can expect to get away with literally not trying on offense. It was one thing when they were somehow in games against a bumbling Colts offense and an an injured Titans team, but they opened the 3rd quarter last night like they were up 21 pts rather than down 21. 

Any defense is going to allow the handoffs and dump-offs that Robinson got late, but how long will the Jags play into that instead of trying to actually win games?

Edited by P@ckersFan

3 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

James Robinson is a good runner, probably should have and would have been drafted by an NFL team under normal circumstances. 

That said, I don't know how much longer the Minshew and the Jaguars can expect to get away with literally not trying on offense. It was one thing when they were somehow in games against a bumbling Colts offense and an an injured Titans team, but they opened the 3rd quarter last night like they were up 21 pts rather than down 21. 

Any defense is going to allow the handoffs and dump-offs that Robinson got late, but how long will the Jags play into that instead of trying to actually win games?

The O-line couldn't protect Minshew and his receivers were dropping balls. Consider for a moment this is them trying.

• Like 1

My only regret is only having 21 shares on 29 teams (3/4 dyno/devies). Go ahead and make fun of the amount teams but I'll just counter with more Jrob is never a bad thing. Even the one league I faced him in this week feels good. This is gonna be a year long party, boys. I can only imagine the despair of owners who failed to get a share. Why even live?

• Like 1

Can anyone think of a cool fantasy name for this man? I’ve been trying so hard but nothing is clicking

1 minute ago, Breesus said:

Can anyone think of a cool fantasy name for this man? I’ve been trying so hard but nothing is clicking

There's already hundreds of...

Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. I have one myself. Make it plural if ya have Arob as well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

RB1nson

Ah that’s a good one too, thanks. It’s very fitting 🙂

I time stamped this catch and run at 2:17. I really like this play. You can literally hear James grunt or exhale like a power lifter on this cut. He puts his foot in the ground, turns his head quickly to the right as if he was cutting that way and then just delivers a punishing blow to the linebacker. 

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

RB1nson

I'm stealing this. Thanks

• Like 1

@DerrickHenrysCleats am I allowed to congratulate our RB for last night's performance or will you criticize me for being a bandwagon homer fan again? Either way, I don't care. Good going J-Rob...glad you're on my team.

10 minutes ago, Breesus said:

DangerJamesRobinson! Lost in space reference. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

@DerrickHenrysCleats am I allowed to congratulate our RB for last night's performance or will you criticize me for being a bandwagon homer fan again? Either way, I don't care. Good going J-Rob...glad you're on my team.

All are welcome on this train.

I'll keep you up to date on the Jaguars draft picks and undrafted free agent signings in 2021 too.

😉

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Haha 2