DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

18 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The O-line couldn't protect Minshew and his receivers were dropping balls. Consider for a moment this is them trying.

I think Minshew is a big part of the problem. He's an arm-limited dink and dunker who can't throw on the run. This dolphins team they just got destroyed by is bad, like really bad, especially defensively. 

They waited way to long to bring Chris Thompson into the game. Thompson is by no means a good RB and Robinson can catch, but he's took slow to open up the offense. 

Edited by P@ckersFan
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

DangerJamesRobinson! Lost in space reference

... featuring Jay Gruden as Dr. Zachary Smiff 

TotalDisguisedKingfisher-size_restricted

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, P@ckersFan said:

I think Minshew is a big part of the problem. He's an arm-limited dink and dunker who can't throw on the run. This dolphins team they just got destroyed by is bad, like really bad, especially defensively. 

Minshew was down his starting C, LT got ejected in 3rd quarter, no dj Chark

Can you tell me the best WR Minshew had to throw to last night?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Keelan Cole isn't bad. He made a great catch on the sideline the only time Minshew made an effort to go down the field in the first half. 

And again this is the Dolphins defense we're talking about. 

2 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Keelan Cole isn't bad. He made a great catch on the sideline the only time Minshew made an effort to go down the field in the first half. 

Keeland Cole as his best WR, I rest my case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Keeland Cole as his best WR, I rest my case.

Keelan cole is a better WR than Minshew is a QB. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Can anyone think of a cool fantasy name for this man? I’ve been trying so hard but nothing is clicking

Mr. Robinson's neighborhood

• Thanks 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Sure, buddy.

If you watched Jaguars games you'd know what I mean. But as usual box score knowledge conquers all. 

9 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

They waited way to long to bring Chris Thompson into the game. Thompson is by no means a good RB and Robinson can catch, but he's took slow to open up the offense. 

Chris Thompson couldn't do ****. He got rocked like three times and got stuffed multiple times. JR looked far superior. He looks like the more intelligent player.

As for Minshew, even if you were right, that's not changing this season. My only real concern is about JR's opportunities and those don't look to be going anywhere no matter how badly some want it to be untrue.

• Like 1

If you watched Jaguars games you'd know what I mean. But as usual box score knowledge conquers all. 

I've watched all 3 games. Have you?

3 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Keelan cole is a better WR than Minshew is a QB. 

Was it the drops or the 4 for 43 that sold you in him?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Conley must of had money down on the Dolphins. 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Spyplane said:

Chris Thompson couldn't do ****. He got rocked like three times and got stuffed multiple times. JR looked far superior. He looks like the more intelligent player.

As for Minshew, even if you were right, that's not changing this season. My only real concern is about JR's opportunities and those don't look to be going anywhere no matter how badly some want it to be untrue.

James Robinson will always get the opportunities bc he's the best running back on the team. He's actually a good running back. But you can't expect that kind of production from Robinson, because it's unrealistic for a team to feed their slow RB touches regardless of game script. 

1 minute ago, Breesus said:

Was it the drops or the 4 for 43 that sold you in him?

Bad drops but overall Minshew's receivers have been incredibly reliable this season...bc the ball never travels more than 3 yards past the line of scrimmage in the air. 

James Robinson will always get the opportunities bc he's the best running back on the team. He's actually a good running back. But you can't expect that kind of production from Robinson, because it's unrealistic for a team to feed their slow RB touches regardless of game script. 

You got me. 

I thought you were a serious poster for a second.

Good one.

• Like 3

They fed him through the air because of the game script. Were we watching the same game? He was Minshew's life line time and time again when he was trapped and about to get ****** up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Minshew is showing some improvement from last year, but he's always been a streaky player who sometimes melts down against mediocre defenses, but then outperforms expectations against good defenses. His inconsistency lowers JRob's 2020 outlook, of course, but I have issues with the analysis that "Minshew got destroyed by the Dolphins, therefore he will get super-destroyed by PIT in Week 11." Even in the tougher matchups of the season, I think Minshew will more often keep JAX competitive long enough for our guy to put up the points.

If you're scared of the Bengals or Texans defense, drop JRob now!

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

They fed him through the air because of the game script. Were we watching the same game? He was Minshew's life line time and time again when he was trapped and about to get ****** up.

No, Minshew is just a dumpoff guy. He was at Washington State, too. That's what he does. 

Robinson was also great in pass protection, while CT came in and got trucked which led to an almost int from Minshew. I expect Robinson’s 3rd down role to only increase from here, CT only really was in during straight garbage time

No, Minshew is just a dumpoff guy. He was at Washington State, too. That's what he does. 

I dunno man.  He aired out some pretty nice throws to Chark last season

• Like 1

Just now, P@ckersFan said:

Guys were dropping balls and he was smothered by the rush. I didn't watch him in college but I'm talking this particular game. I hope what you're saying is true though because it only helps JR. You're making me feel really good about this kid, thanks. You made my day. 

7 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Slow? I won't be taking anything this dude says seriously. Clearly just a hater.