DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

23 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

All are welcome on this train.

I'll keep you up to date on the Jaguars draft picks and undrafted free agent signings in 2021 too.

😉

Hmm...a little confused. How did I not know about the Jaguars draft picks and undrafted free agent signings this year? Just because I wasn't sure how this team and it's players would do? So basically you guessed and predicted something right? Oh ok....you're so wise and smart.

Just now, jagsfan05 said:

Hmm...a little confused. How did I not know about the Jaguars draft picks and undrafted free agent signings this year? Just because I wasn't sure how this team and it's players would do? So basically you guessed and predicted something right? Oh ok....you're so wise and smart.

I don't know why everyone is giving him so much credit lol. I drafted him and it had nothing to do with this thread because I hadn't even seen it yet haha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

I dunno man.  He aired out some pretty nice throws to Chark last season

Yeah, he was only 7th most accurate in 2019 when it comes to deep balls... Pretty mediocre for a 6th rounder? 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/2019-20-deep-ball-project

Kyler Murray wasn't the only rookie to find himself in the top 10, as Gardner Minshew came in at seventh in deep accuracy. His combination of mobility, deep passing, and an iconic moustache are enticing for a late Day 3 rookie, and Jacksonville appears to wisely be sticking with him to see what he can offer in 2020.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Guys were dropping balls and he was smothered by the rush. I didn't watch him in college but I'm talking this particular game. I hope what you're saying is true though because it only helps JR. You're making me feel really good about this kid, thanks. You made my day. 

The Dolphins weren't smothering the Jags receivers, they just knew that if you covered over the top Minshew won't dare try to make a completion down the field in any size window, because his arm and downfield accuracy are garbage. 

This is going to need to change eventually and when it does you can't expect James Robinson to be getting 5-6 carries and touches on drives when the Jags are down 21 pts at home. 

Edited by P@ckersFan

1 minute ago, jagsfan05 said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, P@ckersFan said:

The Dolphins weren't smothering these Dolphins receivers, they just knew that if you covered over the top Minshew won't dare try to make a completion down the field in any size window, because his arm and downfield accuracy are garbage. 

This is going to need to change eventually and when it does you can't expect James Robinson to be getting 5-6 carries and touches on drives when the Jags are down 21 pts at home. 

🤔 I didn't see the Dolphins defense covering their own receivers.

I was referring to blitzes... On Minshew... As in it happened frequently.

1 minute ago, P@ckersFan said:

The Dolphins weren't smothering the Jags receivers, they just knew that if you covered over the top Minshew won't dare try to make a completion down the field in any size window, because his arm and downfield accuracy are garbage. 

Did you watch the whole game? Conley alone killed two drives with BAD drops. Fitzmagic showed up and they couldn't get him off the field. 

Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Did you watch the whole game? Conley alone killed two drives with BAD drops. Fitzmagic showed up and they couldn't get him off the field. 

One deep throw bounced off Conley's stomach. 😬

Just now, jagsfan05 said:

I have J-Rob on my team, dummy.

bro, you have zero cred - we went through this the other day - go into the Keelan Cole thread and offer your "expert" advice 😄

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

bro, you have zero cred - we went through this the other day - go into the Keelan Cole thread and offer your "expert" advice 😄

What the heck is your problem? Seriously. I have been nothing but nice and you come and attack me for no reason. I wasn't offering expert advice. I just was trying to help as best I could. Seriously, it was nothing but trying to be nice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

People waking up this morning who went against Robinson last night

Also, us owners hungover from celebrating

Edited by JJRules
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

What the heck is your problem? Seriously. I have been nothing but nice and you come and attack me for no reason. I wasn't offering expert advice. I just was trying to help as best I could. Seriously, it was nothing but trying to be nice.

spoken like a gentleman - fair enough ✌

Let's call it quits on the arguing and bickering. We have a high upside RB2 on our hands here. Let's discuss how lucky we are to be on this hype train instead!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

4 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

Let's call it quits on the arguing and bickering. We have a high upside RB2 on our hands here. Let's discuss how lucky we are to be on this hype train instead!

Did you fall onto the train? Most of us walked on and later will stagger off either bewildered and defeated or overly confident, satisfied and drunk. 

22 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Well...that didn't happen last night, either. Soooo...

But even so, he could get a couple of carries and three targets on a drive when they're down 21. He's was clearly the superior back last night, and not just rushing, but also pass pro and as a receiving back, as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MMLSU said:

Agreed. This JRob hype train is becoming like the Snowpiercer with fellow riders fighting with one another. Lol. 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

You must have missed the post right above yours:

39 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Yeah, he was only 7th most accurate in 2019 when it comes to deep balls... Pretty mediocre for a 6th rounder? 

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/2019-20-deep-ball-project

@P@ckersFan You also must have missed the game and the boat.  Chris Thompson was not good, he caught a few passes but did nothing to get extra yards, didn't break any tackles and didn't make anyone miss, all things Robinson did with his catches.  Thompson was also a minus in pass pro.  Calling Robinson slow is idiotic, his game speed looked fantastic making reads and cuts and bursting down field.  Who cares if Thompson ran a 4.4 SEVEN years ago?

If anything, comparing both backs performances, the Jags should be considering working the ROOKIE in more, not less.  It was his third NFL game after a non-existent pre-season.  He looked nothing but stellar and should continue to build on his skill set.

Edited by Gabbed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Well...that didn't happen last night, either. Soooo...

But even so, he could get a couple of carries and three targets on a drive when they're down 21. He's was clearly the superior back last night, and not just rushing, but also pass pro and as a receiving back, as well. 

He's proven himself very valuable in the pass game because he blocks well, is reliable at catching and has a good IQ.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

One deep throw bounced off Conley's stomach. 😬

Nooooooo.  He had an incredibly bad drop that killed the first drive of the game.  He killed another drive when he drew an offensive PI on a third down catch.

Edited by ccimore

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Did you fall onto the train? Most of us walked on and later will stagger off either bewildered and defeated or overly confident, satisfied and drunk. 

Maybe lucky isn't the best word to use since most of us are on forums such as these because we do our research. I walked right on and have been seated comfortably in the back for some time now. Hoping to remain overly confident moving forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

You must have missed the post right above yours:

You also must have missed the game and the boat.  Chris Thompson was not good, he caught a few passes but did nothing to get extra yards, didn't break any tackles and didn't make anyone miss, all things Robinson did with his catches.  Thompson was also a minus in pass pro.  Calling Robinson slow is idiotic, his game speed looked fantastic making reads and cuts and bursting down field.  Who cares if Thompson ran a 4.4 SEVEN years ago?

If anything, comparing both backs performances, the Jags should be considering working the ROOKIE in more, not less.  It was his third NFL game after a non-existent pre-season.

Um, I haven't lobbed a criticism his way. I'm up with the ******** engineer shoveling the coal... So, yeah. What? 

1 minute ago, ccimore said:

Nooooooo.  He had an incredibly bad drop that killed the first drive of the game.  

Don't forget an offensive PI.