DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Records, records, records.

Through three career games, Robinson has the most yards from scrimmage from an undrafted rookie in NFL history (339) and he's the only undrafted player in league history to record at least 300 scrimmage yards and multiple touchdowns through three career games.

Only two players over the last decade have recorded 300 scrimmage yards and three rushing touchdowns through their first three games -- Robinson and Kareem Hunt. That's the impact Robinson is making in the NFL. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/james-robinson-sets-nfl-record-among-undrafted-rookie-running-backs-through-three-games/amp/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, devaster said:

You can't sell high and get the value you deserve for what will likely be an RB1 this season or borderline RB1. No one will give you adequate value back in a trade for a player that was mostly undrafted and picked up for free.

Yes.  I'd put JRob as virtually untradeable because you will always, always get the "He's an undrafted rookie on a bad team" argument against you.  Your best option is to move one of your big name RBs for help at another position and slide JRob in.  It's risky, but that's the only way you get the correct value back.

No risk it, no biscuit boys.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Mostert is the fastest player in pads in the NFL. He ran a 4.4 forty which isn't exactly slow, but many guys have beat that mark. Over 23 mph thanks to next gen stats. If you think Robinson is slow than you don't know squat. I see elite change of direction and burst. 

Did you actually read what I said and who I quoted. I’m not saying Robinson is slow. I’m saying he looks fast in pads regardless of what he ran at the combine. 

2 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Yes.  I'd put JRob as virtually untradeable because you will always, always get the "He's an undrafted rookie on a bad team" argument against you.  Your best option is to move one of your big name RBs for help at another position and slide JRob in.  It's risky, but that's the only way you get the correct value back.

No risk it, no biscuit boys.

Correct. I'm currently trying to move Hunt. He's not a big value but at least has some name cache, unlike Robinson who I'll rely on for RB3 duties. Let's gooOoOo!!

23 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I remember Ridley came into the league on fire and then disappeared, ridley now is hot stuff but after a couple games and what looked to be a lot of dump offs where Miami wasn't playing the middle of field and some terrible tackling, i could see the same here.

Look back no further than week 2 in a close game against the Titans where he rushed for 100 yds and a TD on 16 carries.  I'm not saying he's script proof but... he didn't put up RB1 numbers in wk 2 with dump offs.  I think the Ridley's rookie situation is apples and oranges, ATL had other play makers at pass catching positions including Julio Jones...  The Jags don't have any other runners at the moment and, even when they do come back, none are even close to the caliber that Jones is as a WR.  Not to mention it usually takes WRs a couple of years to get their production to match their potential not as much for RBs.

Just now, Gabbed said:

Look back no further than week 2 in a close game against the Titans where he rushed for 100 yds and a TD on 16 carries.  I'm not saying he's script proof but... he didn't put up RB1 numbers in wk 2 with dump offs.  I think the Ridley's rookie situation is apples and oranges, ATL had other play makers at pass catching positions including Julio Jones...  The Jags don't have any other runners at the moment and, even when they do come back, none are even close to the caliber that Jones is as a WR.  Not to mention it usually takes WRs a couple of years to get their production to match their potential not as much for RBs.

Titans defense hasnt looked all that good anyways. I know I am the minority, but if he starts putting up duds, you heard it here first. He very well may continue to have a great season, that Oline actually looked pretty good last night. I am also pissed he got 27 points against me lmao. Time will tell, If I was betting, I am betting he doesnt continue these numbers. Maybe due to skill, maybe due to defenses planning for him. He does have a nice schedule with a games that should be close. I dont want him for the chip though... Ravens and Bears, naaahhh lol

• Haha 1

This dude is nice to own, wish I had some shares. I was a nonbeliever, didn’t want any Jaguars. 

Edited by shakestreet

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I see a lot of excuses. But but but

We will see how the season plays out, week 2 against a middling titans and week 3 against the dolphins who left the field wide open doesnt give me hope he is the next best thing

• Haha 1

Titans defense hasnt looked all that good anyways. I know I am the minority, but if he starts putting up duds, you heard it here first. He very well may continue to have a great season, that Oline actually looked pretty good last night. I am also pissed he got 27 points against me lmao. Time will tell, If I was betting, I am betting he doesnt continue these numbers. Maybe due to skill, maybe due to defenses planning for him. He does have a nice schedule with a games that should be close. I dont want him for the chip though... Ravens and Bears, naaahhh lol

That's not even on my radar right now. I'll cross that bridge if I actually get to it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Correct. I'm currently trying to move Hunt. He's not a big value but at least has some name cache, unlike Robinson who I'll rely on for RB3 duties. Let's gooOoOo!!

I would advise keeping both.  I want all the top backs I can get to combat 2020's dark energy.

Just now, BIGFATPANDA said:

Just traded him for zeke. What a sucker...

I don't believe you - Reaction GIFs

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, Sizzlebshu said:
                                                                                                                                                                                                        Chris Thompson – 30 snaps
Matt Breida – 11 snaps James Robinson – 30 snaps
Jordan Howard – 4 snaps Dare Ogunbowale – 5 snaps

Probably a good idea. James Robinson was hyper efficient on his snaps, but as he saw he was basically phased out with the Jags being blown out. 

I'm really surprised to see this. It seemed like Robinson was the primary RB just until the the 4th quarter.

6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I don't believe you - Reaction GIFs

Two team league. He's locked in for the finals anyway.

• Haha 3

We will see how the season plays out, week 2 against a middling titans and week 3 against the dolphins who left the field wide open doesnt give me hope he is the next best thing

if you think that schedule is soft you should look at the Jags next 3 games. 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

dat 4.64 40, tho ... 

source.gif

😁

It’s plenty fast enough when you can break ankles with cuts, have the strength to push off arm tackles and have the vision and foresight to hit the holes every time. :) 

Edited by MrPositive

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

It’s plenty fast enough when you can break ankles with cuts and have the vision and foresight to hit the holes every time. :)

... and?

my post was (once again) meant as a slap to those who slag him for it. 

is the nuance of the sarcasm that difficult? 🤔

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... and?

my post was (once again) meant as a slap to those who slag him for it. 

is the nuance of the sarcasm that difficult? 🤔

No I was just piling on top with you. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrPositive said:

No I was just piling on top with you. 

🥃

all good in the RB1nson 'hood

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, nb009 said:

I'm really surprised to see this. It seemed like Robinson was the primary RB just until the the 4th quarter.

Robinson was, they used CT for the hurry up in 4th, which I’m sure Robinson will begin getting shortly. 

They ran 26 plays in the 4th quarter, they only ran 40 plays the rest of the game. 

• Thanks 1

I remember when we were pushing for 50 pages...ahhhh...how innocent we were.  This thing is on the way to 100, baby.  Juice it!

2 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

Robinson was, they used CT for the hurry up in 4th, which I’m sure Robinson will begin getting shortly. 

They ran 26 plays in the 4th quarter, they only ran 40 plays the rest of the game. 

I think it was positive that in the 4th the pulled CT when they got to one and gave JRob the goal line career. Make sense as CT has shown he can't take a pounding.