DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... and?

my post was (once again) meant as a slap to those who slag him for it. 

is the nuance of the sarcasm that difficult? 🤔

pastor be like...

image.jpeg.2d0092cfe48fd949cbf23b9e5dd31eae.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, goke said:

Armstead + Ozigbo????

They’ll probably get snaps and touches here and there, but it will be to spell Robinson and give him a break if needed. Armstead never looked this good last year. 

4 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

I think it was positive that in the 4th the pulled CT when they got to one and gave JRob the goal line career. Make sense as CT has shown he can't take a pounding. 

CT had 4 catches for 29 yards in all their hurry up drives, which was 3 drives with 19 plays. 

Robinson had 3 catches for 42 yards in the previous drive (8 plays) alone. Easy to see who should be getting the hurry up time. 

Borderline RB 1/2 ROS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Did you actually read what I said and who I quoted. I’m not saying Robinson is slow. I’m saying he looks fast in pads regardless of what he ran at the combine. 

I was agreeing with you.

2 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I remember Ridley came into the league on fire and then disappeared, ridley now is hot stuff but after a couple games and what looked to be a lot of dump offs where Miami wasn't playing the middle of field and some terrible tackling, i could see the same here.

Comparing a wr to a Rb? Get outta here with that baseless negativity. 

I actually see Robinson taking over the hurry up duty eventually. CT is a favorite of Gruden, but he is absolutely awful in pass pro and gets his QB obliterated during hurry up situations when he needs to block. So far, everything I have seen from Robinson tells me he can take over CT's role as well. I think there is still a learning curve, but his fluidity catching and running and his pass protection will eventually allow him to overtake CT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

JAGS on the Jags.

Real Jags Of Duval 😎

On 9/10/2020 at 2:24 PM, esoomer said:

Im back from the dead to say:

CHOO CHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

This Choo aged well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goincommando said:

I would advise keeping both.  I want all the top backs I can get to combat 2020's dark energy.

Yeah I'd love keeping everyone but my WR Corp is horrible bro lol. I have questionable Godwin, even more questionable Allen, and injured Chark. At RB I have Jacobs, Drake, JRob, Hunt and Mostert so I feel a bit better, but I need to get some WR points in a hurry. RBs going off on the bench while I get weak results from WR slots is tough to stomach.

who's the most recent RB who was in the same similar situation as Jrob? came out of nowhere for a cheap waiver/late draft to put up top round value?

3 minutes ago, brosephd said:

who's the most recent RB who was in the same similar situation as Jrob? came out of nowhere for a cheap waiver/late draft to put up top round value?

Alfred Morris maybe?  You need to define "out of nowhere".

Edited by kp96

5 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Alvin Kamara was had on many waiver wires.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Arian Foster ? He had some pre season work though

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

Dunno if it was top value, but Lindsay last year comes to mind

41 minutes ago, brosephd said:

David Johnson immediately comes to mind.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JCDaly said:

Dunno if it was top value, but Lindsay last year  two years ago comes to mind

FMP

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Arian Foster ? He had some pre season work though

Arian Foster is the closest comparison I think. And Steve Slaton before him.

• Like 1

Probably Philip Lindsay, but I don't remember him looking like an RB1. 

12.9 yards per reception also shows he is making the most of his receptions, unlike 4Net who only averaged 6.9 yards per catch. Obviously, this is a small sample size, but I like that he seems to be making the most out of every touch. This translates to fantasy and real life football.

52 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

12.9 yards per reception also shows he is making the most of his receptions, unlike 4Net who only averaged 6.9 yards per catch. Obviously, this is a small sample size, but I like that he seems to be making the most out of every touch. This translates to fantasy and real life football.

Agreed. However, last night there were a bunch of dumpoffs for 10 or 12 yds on 3rd and 15 or 18. So his YPC may be a bit inflated due to game script and missing Chark. Ugly team game, but the good news is JRob has baby soft hands, and quick, decisive acceleration after bringing it in, that'll look good in the film room on Monday.

Edited by BallinOnnaBudget

Soooo Jrob produces as a lead back without competition and people need to "pump the breaks"

rookie backup rotoworld hypejobs who have started slow and jags who are in danger of losing their starting job "need more time" 

rotoworld in playoff form already!

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

Bobby Feeno. 

Beast! Been comparing Jrob to him for awhile now. And I’m sticking to it.