DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

who's the most recent RB who was in the same similar situation as Jrob? came out of nowhere for a cheap waiver/late draft to put up top round value?

Damien Williams was a waiver wire grab like 2(?) years ago. Hell I dropped him before week 1! Then back to irrelevance tho

Edited by BigNicc

1 hour ago, Agmaniacmike said:

Probably Philip Lindsay, but I don't remember him looking like an RB1. 

12.9 yards per reception also shows he is making the most of his receptions, unlike 4Net who only averaged 6.9 yards per catch. Obviously, this is a small sample size, but I like that he seems to be making the most out of every touch. This translates to fantasy and real life football.

He makes decisive, sudden cuts up field that allows him to make knifing gains. He makes very fluid and subtle moves to find the best lanes while using phenomenal vision. 

He’s also very hungry. He had one catch on 3rd where it looked sure he would be 2 yards short of the first, but he spun around out of the tackle and kept his legs driving before diving forward 2 yards past the first down. 

His playing is jumping off the tape like someone you woulda drafted in the first round. I’m fully loaded with JROB and he’s going to allow me to make a lot money in fantasy football once again 🤑🤑🤑

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

He’s also very hungry. He had one catch on 3rd where it looked sure he would be 2 yards short of the first, but he spun around out of the tackle and kept his legs driving before diving forward 2 yards past the first down. 🤑🤑🤑

Dude, that play was 🔥🔥. He just looks so hungry for that first down marker. Feels like he's the ultimate underdog. I root for him so hard every touch.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Arian Foster ? He had some pre season work though

Probably depends when you drafted. I remember “reaching” for foster in the 6-7th round after all of the preseason games. What a fun year.

Justin Forsett was a waiver add during his breakout year with the ravens IIRC.

Lindsey definitely.

Was Muscle Hamster a waiver add?  Remember having him but don’t remember if he was a late round pick behind Cadillac or a WW dude.  

Kamara was indeed a WW add for some, because some impatient idiots like me dropped him after week 1.  What lunacy.

Edited by FeastMode
  • Like 1

If Kamara gets more carries, then could he be the next JRob? One can hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Not sure this was posted (I went back 5 pages to check). But gosh damn this kid is good. Look at him:

- break the defenders ankles on cuts at 00:07, :42, 01:25

- run over defenders with power at :30, 2:20, 2:36

- unreal catches 1:46, 3:02

But I'm most impressed with his catch at 1:46 for a number of reasons. 1. He gets that head around to see his qb after realizing he's unguarded. 2. He totally bails out his qb who is about to get blasted 3. He makes a catch that about only 7 guys in the league can make because he has incredibly soft hands.

I also like that he isn't a big muscle like MJD and Doug Martin that is one day going to break down with all that weight. JRob is more just built like an athlete. Shrug

Kid was looked over by 32 teams for 8 rounds because he didn't run in a straight line at 4.4. Those stat combines are so ridiculous and aren't measuring much football skills. Everybody should be this kid's fan.

Edited by MrPositive
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, FeastMode said:

Probably depends when you drafted. I remember “reaching” for foster in the 6-7th round after all of the preseason games. What a fun year.

Lindsey definitely.

Was Muscle Hamster a waiver add?  Remember having him but don’t remember if he was a late round pick behind Cadillac or a WW dude.  

Kamara was indeed a WW add for some, because some impatient idiots like me dropped him after week 1.  What lunacy.

Doug Martin was drafted in most leagues. I know I drafted him his rookie year. He was also a 1st round pick.

10 hours ago, FeastMode said:

Lindsey definitely.

Oh man that Arian Foster year. In my home league I took him in the eighth round and my league mates were like who? Haha so awesome. Kinda like this dude, picked him up for free before week one. 

A bit of a unique year with no preseason. Some of these guys would have been drafted at least in 8-12 rounds in most leagues with a preseason.

• Like 2

We redrafted a dynasty league this season - have a pretty strong team outside of RB where my RB2 were Fournette/Swift.  I debated picking up Mr. Robinson after week 1 but did this past Monday - and boy oh boy am I happy I did.

Mr. Robinson please lead me to playoff glory this year!

(Cool story bro!)

5 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

If there was a re-draft today, where does he get picked?

2nd rd

5 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Mixon was a back end first rounder in a ppr 12 team draft. He would go before Mixon

19 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

We redrafted a dynasty league this season - have a pretty strong team outside of RB where my RB2 were Fournette/Swift.  I debated picking up Mr. Robinson after week 1 but did this past Monday - and boy oh boy am I happy I did.

Mr. Robinson please lead me to playoff glory this year!

(Cool story bro!)

Picked up Monday after last weekend's performance?

Sweet league big daddy.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Picked up Monday after last weekend's performance?

Sweet league big daddy.

We have a very deep dynasty roster where only one move is allowed all year - and you have to pay for it, yes.  Using your one roster move on an undrafted free agent, on a bad team, after a great game is a bit of a risky move with 88% of the season still left to play.

Edited by IlliniGuy76

15 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

We have a very deep dynasty roster where only one move is allowed all year - and you have to pay for it, yes.  Using your one roster move on an undrafted free agent, on a bad team, after a great game is a bit of a risky move with 88% of the season still left to play.

That's one craziest things I've ever heard for a league. That would drive me nuts. I'm a waiver hunter. My league had to make the waiver wire to 3 days only because of me lol. 

Lots of cool bro’s stories seeping into the thread, but I’ll take that over a few pages ago with former ozigbo owners arguing that his 4th quarter usage means he’s still overproducing... 

I don’t think he will finish in the top 12 at his position but there is literally no reason to undersell a RB2 year for a waiver add. We just gotta weather the storm when he Inevitably has a 17 touches for 55 scoreless total yards kinda day and not listen to the trolls. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyberer said:

I don’t think he will finish in the top 12 at his position but there is literally no reason to undersell a RB2 year for a waiver add. We just gotta weather the storm when he Inevitably has a 17 touches for 55 scoreless total yards kinda day and not listen to the trolls. 

Don't kill the dream yet!

49 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

43 minutes ago, Packdog said:

2nd rd

I’m not a guru or anything. I play fantasy for the fun and sometimes (most of the time) for the pains of the game. So if I’m on the clock...Jrob is a 1st rounder. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Not sure this was posted (I went back 5 pages to check). But gosh damn this kid is good. Look at him:

- break the defenders ankles on cuts at 00:07, :42, 01:25

- run over defenders with power at :30, 2:20, 2:36

- unreal catches 1:46, 3:02

But I'm most impressed with his catch at 1:46 for a number of reasons. 1. He gets that head around to see his qb after realizing he's unguarded. 2. He totally bails out his qb who is about to get blasted 3. He makes a catch that about only 7 guys in the league can make because he has incredibly soft hands.

I also like that he isn't a big muscle like MJD and Doug Martin that is one day going to break down with all that weight. JRob is more just built like an athlete. Shrug

Kid was looked over by 32 teams for 8 rounds because he didn't run in a straight line at 4.4. Those stat combines are so ridiculous and aren't measuring much football skills. Everybody should be this kid's fan.

I posted the highlights the other day. I agree,  he looks great! Soft hands for sure. He dropped a tough one the week before and he was visibly upset with himself on the sideline. He seems like the kind of guy who won’t make the same mistake twice. And that explosion he has after he cuts is ridiculous. That first cut in the video where he makes the dude fall down shows his burst. After that cut he reaches top speed almost instantly. 

15 hours ago, BigNicc said:

Damien Williams was a waiver wire grab like 2(?) years ago. Hell I dropped him before week 1! Then back to irrelevance tho

Ekler surprised me last year.

Edited by Spyplane

40 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

That first cut in the video where he makes the dude fall down shows his burst. After that cut he reaches top speed almost instantly. 

same exact ankle breaker that CEH unleashed on his opening nite TD run 🏆

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

same exact ankle breaker that CEH unleashed on his opening nite TD run 🏆

Yeah that was a great cut. I think Clyde only had to make one guy miss on that run and had the speed to finish it. The thing that concerns me with him is how little he was involved last week with the game still close.